SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Recruits - 2004/05 Updates

jk

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brad Miller 6 games played 0pts a plus minus -5 0 penalty minutes and 9 shots not very good.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont think anybody is going to have great stats on a team that is 1-5 through there first 6 gms. i'm sure miller will start to produce, hak wouldnt have got him if he wouldnt!!!

I cannot remember where exactly I saw it (probably on this site), but Esposito was apparently showing more interest in New England/Eastern schools. He would be nice to get, but it appears not to be likely.

As for Miller, Green Bay is apparently horrible based on how many goals they give up each game. Plus they can't score.

Chorney Info

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

From the site Driscol linked:

FALLING

Devereaux Heshmatpour: His feet are slow enough to make him look like a pylon in juniors, but that's not as disturbing as the rampant rumors that he's closer to being 28 than 18.

Chris Lawrence: Huge winger has all the physical tools, but no heart or passion for the game.

Riley Merkley: At 6-3 and only 162 pounds, a leaf blower could knock him off his skates. Riley, would you please just eat something?

OUCH! I thought I was harsh on my perception of certain players. :0

Brian Lee played in Lincoln's 1-0 loss to Sioux Falls tonight.  No points of course but it is good to see that he is playing for them now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lee is still recovering from knee surgery. He is not 100%. He is just dressing from Lincoln so he has enough games to be eligible for the USHL playoffs. I'm sure he just touched the ice long enough to have technically "played".

Surrey beat Salmon Arm last night, 7-4, Kozek was 1-1-2, Duncan 0-2-2.

Duncan now leads the Silverbacks in scoring, Kozek number 3 for the Eagles.

Duncan and Kozek are number 15 and 17 among BCHL scoring leaders.

Duncan's pic is featured on the front page of the Silverbacks site.

Kozek is now 8th in the BCHL and has 1.5 ppg and Duncan is 13th at 1.7 ppg. The leading scorer is at 2.0ppg and the other 3 guys in the top 4 are at 1.6-1.7ppg.

Basically Duncan's scoring puts him in the top 5 in ppg, and Kozek is right in the mix with many at the 1.5-1.6 range.

Some of this is included in Sprig's and dagies's posts above, but here is a summary of how some of the kids did this weekend:

Surrey went 3-0, outscoring the opposition 16-8. Kozek went:

1-1-2

1-0-1

0-4-4

Salmon Arm was 1-1, with a scoring margin of 11-8. Duncan was:

0-2-2

2-1-3

Vernon was 1-1-1, with total scoring of 8-7. Watkins went:

1-1-2

1-0-1

1-0-1

Brad Miller finally got on the board for an apparently bad Green Bay team, scoring a goal this weekend. Perhaps he is starting to adjust to the league.

Saturday night games in the BCHL,

Salmon Arm moves to .500 and 4th place (interior division) after beating first place Prince George, 3-2, Duncan 1-1-2.

Vernon moved into first (interior division) with a 8-3 win, Watkins 1-0-1 in the game.

Surrey wins again and remains in first (mainland division), winning 1-0, Kozek with the loan goal.

All three recruits now on the BCHL leading scorers list.

Vernon vs Surrey today.

Interesting to note that several on the leadings scorer's list have '84 birthdays, and in their last year of juniors. Duncan is an '85, while Kozek and Watkins are '86 (18 year olds).

Nice to see our guys climbing the lists.

Kozek now 5th in the league. Watkins 14th and Duncan 15th. Duncan's PPG put him at about 7-8th overall in the league.

They've been gaining ground as the season wears on. Hopefully they'll continue to shine as the year goes along.

From today's Fargo Forum:

Moorhead's Chris VandeVelde (UND 2006), Matt Becker and Jon Ammerman have been chosen to play for the Minnesota Fighting Saints, one of two all-star teams chosen from participants in the Upper Midwest Elite High School League, in this weekend's National Invitational Tournament in New Hope. The event includes some of the top midget hockey teams in North America.

From today's Fargo Forum:

Moorhead's Chris VandeVelde (UND 2006), Matt Becker and Jon Ammerman have been chosen to play for the Minnesota Fighting Saints, one of two all-star teams chosen from participants in the Upper Midwest Elite High School League, in this weekend's National Invitational Tournament in New Hope. The event includes some of the top midget hockey teams in North America.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oshie was also selected along with Olimb and Hardwick. I guess Vandevelde had a very good weekend in the playoffs, as did Becker and Loos. Ammerman was consistent all tourny. Olimb also looked good. I'm not sure about Hardwick, he didn't look great during the GF tourny but he put up good numbers offensively the rest of the way.

Kozek, now tied for the BCHL lead in goals scored, after notching the OT game winner in last night's Surrey win.

With a 1-1-2 line for the game, Kozek moves up to #3 on the BCHL scoring leader's list.

Hasn't the fall signing period begun? Should see some release on signing these BCHL players soon?