SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2020-21

cberkas

1 hour ago, Carl said:

I think I could handle gopher fans gloating a lot easier than Duluth fans bragging about winning 3 in a row. 

Duluth fans shouldn't be taken seriously unless they are Duluth locals. My high school in suburban MSP sent more kids to UMD than any other college; we referred to it as University of Minnesota - <high school name>. Most of them rooted for UMD when they attended, then reverted back to the Gophers when they moved back to the cities. Now they've gone back to rooting for UMD after the recent success. They'll be off the bandwagon the next time they hit a lull.

3 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Duluth fans shouldn't be taken seriously unless they are Duluth locals. My high school in suburban MSP sent more kids to UMD than any other college; we referred to it as University of Minnesota - <high school name>. Most of them rooted for UMD when they attended, then reverted back to the Gophers when they moved back to the cities. Now they've gone back to rooting for UMD after the recent success. They'll be off the bandwagon the next time they hit a lull.

And they will hit a lull. It is inevitable, Sandy’s run will eventually come to an end sooner or later. I will give them this, they have definitely taken advantage of their chances and their good luck. Reminds me of the run BC had a while back. 

46 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

At that point I would root for Covid to win it all, if it was Gophers vs Duluth. 

"Covid wins NCAA Mens Ice Hockey Title for 2021."

So that would make COVID the back to back champs then right?:D

• Upvote 1

Is it possible for Duluth’s or BC’s next two games to be declared ‘no contest’ (via positive opposing team covid testing) and they be declared champs playing only one game? I mean, Michigan backed out day of contest. Would suck royally, eh?