SiouxSports.com Forum

CC @ UND for a best of 3...let the playoffs begin!

brianvf

Here we go:

Thome on Friday after his shutout against Omaha. 

Status of Gooch and Frisch. 

Wilkie coming back to REA trying to extend his collegiate career. 

Holding onto PWR #1. 

Time to take home the NCHC Frozen Faceoff title for once. 

Lots of story lines!

Best time of the year in the college game.  Gonna see a fired up CC team playing for their hockey lives.  

Hopefully we don't have any suspensions from our goon league series against Omaha.  I imagine the NCHC will be handing those out to our guys in the next few days.  We will be lucky to have a full lineup. 

I will be listening to the Mike Haviland show from Old Chicago’s tonight. Will be broadcast on 1240 KRDO (105.5 FM). Not sure if that station is on iHeartRadio or not but wanted to pass this info along in case anyone’s interested in listening tonight at 6pm MTN.

21 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I will be listening to the Mike Haviland show from Old Chicago’s tonight. Will be broadcast on 1240 KRDO (105.5 FM). Not sure if that station is on iHeartRadio or not but wanted to pass this info along in case anyone’s interested in listening tonight at 6pm MTN.

I saw Halloran left the game against Denver in the second period limping off.   If you hear what his status is for this weekend, please post it.  

58 minutes ago, tnt said:

I saw Halloran left the game against Denver in the second period limping off.   If you hear what his status is for this weekend, please post it.  

Definitely.

Like most other coaches, I’m sure Haviland will be tight lipped about the extent of his injury but hopefully Ken Landau will ask what Halloran’s status is. Halloran is one of CC’s few scoring threats, losing him would certainly hurt. 

6 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Definitely.

Like most other coaches, I’m sure Haviland will be tight lipped about the extent of his injury but hopefully Ken Landau will ask what Halloran’s status is. Halloran is one of CC’s few scoring threats, losing him would certainly hurt. 

Found out at the last minute that there is no Mike Haviland show. -The last one was last week. If I find anything out about Nick Halloran, I’ll let everyone know. I do know that goalie Ryan Ruck is questionable. He got taken out of Friday’s game with an injury. That leaves Vernon and 3rd stringer, Flakne. 

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

Found out at the last minute that there is no Mike Haviland show. -The last one was last week. If I find anything out about Nick Halloran, I’ll let everyone know. I do know that goalie Ryan Ruck is questionable. He got taken out of Friday’s game with an injury. That leaves Vernon and 3rd stringer, Flakne. 

Hasn't Ruck been out all year?

11 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Ryan Ruck may have some PTSD if he had to start vs UND. He couldn't even beat us when he was on the "hottest team in the country" going into the 2016 NCAAs

I don’t think the entire squad from Northeastern was prepared to face the buzz saw that was UND that game. UND probably could’ve put up double digits that day if they really wanted to. 

12 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I don’t think the entire squad from Northeastern was prepared to face the buzz saw that was UND that game. UND probably could’ve put up double digits that day if they really wanted to. 

When Northeastern scored first, I think it just ticked UND off and then that game was over.  ;) 

CC just cancelled on campus classes through at least April 15th

“Students should plan to remain off campus from Spring Break through at least the end of Block 7, and possibly the rest of the academic year,” university officials wrote. “Students, when you leave for Spring Break, please take your essential belongings — including medications and items needed for study — with you now. You may wish to take all of your belongings.”

On 3/10/2020 at 8:59 AM, Vegas_Sioux said:

Oddly enough the 8th seeded tigers have the best road record at 7-10 of Seeds 5-8 this year in the nchc. 

CC's 7 road wins this year: 

- 2 against Jan Brady U when they were struggling at beginning of the year

- 2 against Princeton (ranked #55 in PWR)

- 1 against St. Lawrence (ranked #59 in PWR)

- 1 against Air Force (ranked #48 in PWR)

- 1 against Omaha