SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

12 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

It's going to be a slippery slope where something else needs to be given to those who already paid theirs off. Not to mention reigning in college costs for future generations.

If something isn’t done to fix the rising cost of college, then this will be an incredible waste of money. Eliminating federally backed student loans would be a really good start to curb the problem.

29 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

If that is your real question? You are part of the problem. There's a lot more to this than just slapping on a mask.

Well then, what is it?  Seems to me that NO BODY has the answer.....so the question remains, why do people think masks are the answer?

12 minutes ago, 1972 said:

Well then, what is it?  Seems to me that NO BODY has the answer.....so the question remains, why do people think masks are the answer?

its a visual physical reminder that you THINK your helping...when if not used correctly it isn't.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Mostly my thoughts as well, but are they going to have a designated "CoVid" staff so that those infected can stay away from their healthy co-workers? I know that the plan is to only have them work with already infected patients but it sure goes against the message of "if you're positive, stay home" and knowingly bringing the virus into a healthcare setting doesn't exactly scream "protect the vulnerable". 

I'm pretty sure there is a segregated area for just Covid patients. If they can set up that, or a floor, and designate a stairwell or elevator for just that usage they could create an isolation ward (effectively for both patients and staff). 

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

It's been done before. 

The common cold?
Influenza?
Chicken pox? 

MMR vaccine ... but it's still out there.
Hepatitis vaccine? Out there.
Rabies vaccine? Out there.

Best claim might be polio, or small pox. 

• Upvote 2

The biden tax plan gearing up with some notably results.

Schmidt, one of America’s wealthiest people, and his family have won approval to become citizens of the Mediterranean nation, according to a previously unreported notice in a Cypriot publication in October. While it is not clear why exactly Schmidt has pursued this foreign citizenship, the new passport gives him the ability to travel to the European Union, along with a potentially favorable personal tax regime.

https://www.vox.com/recode/2020/11/9/21547055/eric-schmidt-google-citizen-cyprus-european-union

6 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

The ND health website must be down with Covid.

NOVEMBER 10, 2020
Please note: The software that reports the number of recovered and hospitalized is down, which also impacts active cases. This info will be updated once the system is back online. Find available information on the daily news release

Must .... not ... type ... HAMMER ... and ... SCORECARD! 

;) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, 1972 said:

Walked out of the store this morning when it was 6 degrees here in beautiful western NoDak and the exhaust was pouring out of people's masks walking to their vehicles from the store, mine too.  Maybe we were wearing them the wrong way, but not sure that they were very effective.  

All the workers in my grandmother's nursing home are required to wear gloves and masks 100 percent of the time, and some even mask up and use the plastic shield.  

So....how in the hell did she get Covid?

• Upvote 3

My take

There is nothing that will eliminate Covid. Even after a vaccine. All we have are ways to mitigate it. I think masks help mitigate though isn't effective all the time. Social distance will mitigate. Shut downs are probably the best way to mitigate but the cost is too high and we can't shut down again.

I am not for wearing masks all time outdoors. I see some wearing a mask while mowing the grass. The last guidance I  heard was that masks help. That seems to be the most responsible thing to do until told otherwise. 

22 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Walked out of the store this morning when it was 6 degrees here in beautiful western NoDak and the exhaust was pouring out of people's masks walking to their vehicles from the store, mine too.  Maybe we were wearing them the wrong way, but not sure that they were very effective.  

All the workers in my grandmother's nursing home are required to wear gloves and masks 100 percent of the time, and some even mask up and use the plastic shield.  

Todays count has 803 workers in Long Care facilities positive, and 593 residents positive. https://www.health.nd.gov/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/north-dakota-coronavirus-cases

My mother passed away late June this summer, I was not allowed to see her until hours before she passed.  I would also ask how this happened. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I like what Manchin is saying, but can he follow through? 

<putting on tinfoil hat>

Georgia Dems steal.....I mean win both senate races. 50/50 split. He comes from a state where 69% voted Trump. Not a single county went for Biden....zero. He sees the shithole this country will become  with the Dem party unchecked. Decides to switch parties and cements his legacy as a true American patriot.

1 hour ago, Nodak78 said:

The ND health website must be down with Covid.

NOVEMBER 10, 2020
Please note: The software that reports the number of recovered and hospitalized is down, which also impacts active cases. This info will be updated once the system is back online. Find available information on the daily news release

The daily news release:

Over 1,000 new cases.

New record deaths.  30

22 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

The daily news release:

894 new cases.

New record deaths.  30

FYP

Not that it is much to celebrate  with the record deaths but 894 is lowest daily total in 2 weeks

39 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

<putting on tinfoil hat>

Georgia Dems steal.....I mean win both senate races. 50/50 split. He comes from a state where 69% voted Trump. Not a single county went for Biden....zero. He sees the shithole this country will become  with the Dem party unchecked. Decides to switch parties and cements his legacy as a true American patriot.

In your 50-50 scenario, if Manchin were to declare as he's declared (we keep filibuster, and no Court packing) and Senator Schumer* tried to squeeze Manchin hard, Manchin does have the ultimate leverage on Schumer. It'd go like ...

"Really Chuck, Really? You're gonna do me like that. You really think you have me jammed up. I have Mitch on the other line and he's fitting me for an "R" right now. He really likes 51-49 and "majority leader" back by his name, and you should see the committee chair I'm getting now. See ya later, Chuck. Say "bye" to Ilhan and AOC for me." 

*Schumer would be majority lead if Biden was in WH as Harris would break Senate ties

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Any Compassionate care visits by family?