SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

1 minute ago, wxman91 said:

Republicans think that freedom means “!@#$ you, I do what I want”.  

Thats your answer?  So essentially it's all Republicans who are spreading the virus.

Take another 2 months off from this board, please.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, wxman91 said:

Hennepin has a moderate rate.  Outstate areas are much higher per capita.

https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/stats/index.html#wcrmap1

And Colorado?   Probably have been the most impressive state I have been to as far as mask wearing and obeying orders.   Still spiking.  

How about Illinois, mask mandate since August? 

8 minutes ago, wxman91 said:

Hennepin has a moderate rate.  Outstate areas are much higher per capita.

https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/stats/index.html#wcrmap1

Not sure how I deleted my own post but we are being told repeatedly that positive cases numbers are what matters. Is the pivot now to rate per capita? Just trying to keep all this straight.

3 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Not sure how I deleted my own post but we are being told repeatedly that positive cases numbers matter. Is the pivot now to rate per capita? Just trying to keep all this straight.

I’m not sure why you wouldn’t use per capita.  At least in comparisons.

5 minutes ago, homer said:

And Colorado?   Probably have been the most impressive state I have been to as far as mask wearing and obeying orders.   Still spiking.  

How about Illinois, mask mandate since August? 

Chart2_States_FINAL.jpg
Spiking is relative compared to the Dakotas.

With North Dakota hospitals at 100% capacity, Burgum announces COVID-positive nurses can stay at work

In an attempt to alleviate some of the staffing concerns, Burgum announced that interim State Health Officer Dirk Wilke has amended an order that will allow health care workers with asymptomatic cases of COVID-19 to continue working in hospitals' COVID-19 units. The Republican governor said hospital administrators asked the state to take the extraordinary step.

5 minutes ago, Goon said:

Not sure what that means? 

Still counting ballots and margin is closer so RCP reversed their call from earlier before.  Now with some of the fraud it could bein reach.  PA still going to be decide by the Supremes. PA for all the marbles.

13 minutes ago, homer said:

And six weeks ago our spiking was relative to Arizona.   

In VA, 4 out of every 10,000 people in the state has died from COVID-19.  We were hit hard early on when we didn’t have a good handle of treatments and prevention.  Now we do.  So why have 8.5 (and quickly rising) out of every 10,000 North Dakotans died from COVID-19?

1 minute ago, wxman91 said:

In VA, 4 out of every 10,000 people in the state has died from COVID-19.  We were hit hard early on when we didn’t have a good handle of treatments and prevention.  Now we do.  So why have 8.5 (and quickly rising) out of every 10,000 North Dakotans died from COVID-19?

The virus doesn't kill differently according to its geographic location...or does it? 

9 minutes ago, wxman91 said:

Has Virginia spiked yet?

18 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Still counting ballots and margin is closer so RCP reversed their call from earlier before.  Now with some of the fraud it could bein reach.  PA still going to be decide by the Supremes. PA for all the marbles.

Biden won by way more than PA.

Just now, homer said:

Has Virginia spiked yet?

Yes, first wave.  Then we got serious about masks and distancing.  Rising some, but not seriously, as there is some COVID fatigue.  Yesterday 3 people died in a state of 8+ million.

10 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

The virus doesn't kill differently according to its geographic location...or does it? 

My conjecture is that ND is an older and probably unhealthier state, and combine that with the aversion to COVID safety measures, and you get a worst in the nation case load.  At least until Kristi “we shouldn’t shame anti-maskers” Noem pulls into the lead.

8 minutes ago, wxman91 said:

Yes, first wave.  Then we got serious about masks and distancing.  Rising some, but not seriously, as there is some COVID fatigue.  Yesterday 3 people died in a state of 8+ million.

Everyone has had one wave now that midwest is finally getting whacked.  Almost seems like it has very little to do with mitigation techniques.  

13 minutes ago, wxman91 said:

My conjecture is that ND is an older and probably unhealthier state, and combine that with the aversion to COVID safety measures, and you get a worst in the nation case load.  At least until Kristi “we shouldn’t shame anti-maskers” Noem pulls into the lead.

What is your response to my thought that the Midwest is simply finally having the virus run its course here versus the coastal states when it happened earlier? That explanation is far more likely that ND and SD we’re doing everything right with the pandemic in May/June when the coastal states were spiking. So either ND did everything right early and New York did everything wrong and then they somehow flip flopped that. Or, my first explanation is better. Which do you think it is?