SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

58 minutes ago, Ranger said:

That Mexico festival was a head scratcher, but seriously thought about going. My first Wilco shows were in Denver during the Being There tour. Denver had (has?) three great theaters in the Ogden, Bluebird, and Fox. I recall the Bluebird had a really tight pit area, which was insane at times. Saw them at each, but I remember one of the shows specifically because Tweedy jumped into the pit with my friends and me during the encore set, maybe during their cover of I Wanna Be Sedated or some other. Seems so strange now, considering his stage “shyness“.  Geez... almost 25 years ago.

Wife won a contest for the Mexico festival so I went (she didn't know she'd entered, haha). It was a great time and all but I could, for example, heli-ski for the same price. Glad I got to see shows before the shut down though. They are likely going to do it again eventually. Other bands with similar followings are (or at least were) doing them annually in that region of Mexico and it's a cash cow.  It was mostly people in their 40's and 50's, and a few lucky kids with cool parents. Nostalgia is lucrative.

Tweedy usually has good banter with crowds but yeah, can't see him crowd-surfing; if it was 25 years ago that makes sense based on his memoir.

Sedated would be a good cover, it's usually Neil Young songs that I've seen them cover and they do them really well.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Wife won a contest for the Mexico festival so I went (she didn't know she'd entered, haha). It was a great time and all but I could, for example, heli-ski for the same price. Glad I got to see shows before the shut down though. They are likely going to do it again eventually. Other bands with similar followings are (or at least were) doing them annually in that region of Mexico and it's a cash cow.  It was mostly people in their 40's and 50's, and a few lucky kids with cool parents. Nostalgia is lucrative.

Tweedy usually has good banter with crowds but yeah, can't see him crowd-surfing; if it was 25 years ago that makes sense based on his memoir.

Sedated would be a good cover, it's usually Neil Young songs that I've seen them cover and they do them really well.

Wilco is far too underrated and incredible live.  Via Chicago blows my mind every time.

I've been to the My Morning Jacket festival in Mexico.  Helluva time; probably no other band I've seen live as many times.

14 minutes ago, Benny Baker said:

Wilco is far too underrated and incredible live.  Via Chicago blows my mind every time.

I've been to the My Morning Jacket festival in Mexico.  Helluva time; probably no other band I've seen live as many times.

Did you go the the Americanarama tour back in 2012? The show in MN, Jacket came on during Wilco's set and they all performed Cinammon Girl.

3 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Did you go the the Americanarama tour back in 2012? The show in MN, Jacket came on during Wilco's set and they all performed Cinammon Girl.

I was in Duluth the night before.

Watching Wilco and Jacket covering Neil Young---that would have been quite the trifecta! 

The quintessential statement on TV news is Don Henley's Dirty Laundry. (Parody video of song ... or it is ...)

We got the bubble-headed-bleach-blond 
Who comes on at five 
She can tell you 'bout the plane crash with a gleam in her eye
It's interesting when people die
Give us dirty laundry

Can we film the operation?
Is the head dead yet?
You know, the boys in the newsroom got a running bet
Get the widow on the set!
We need dirty laundry

You don't really need to find out what's going on
You don't really want to know just how far it's gone
Just leave well enough alone
Eat your dirty laundry

Full Lyrics

On 9/10/2020 at 11:14 PM, UNDlaw80 said:

Quit trolling.   Biden being touchy-feely is a world away from being a child predator.  

Let's not forget Trump's ex-BFF was a child rapist.  While there's no indication Trump took part in 'activities', it's practically impossible he was unaware of what was occurring.  Trump is mentioned in some of Epstein's accuser's depositions and is on record in old interviews admitting Epstein loves younger women.  Trump also recently sent 'well wishes' to Ghislaine Maxwell after she was charged with sex trafficking minors.  

But whatever, Trump owns the libs so all is good.  

You mean Epstein the big DEMOCRAT donor! The Democrats are the ones who took his money (millions) and his illegal sex trade! Look at all of the democrats who have been accused of par taking in this. Trump supposedly flew on Epstein’s plane for one flight And never went to the island Like Clinton did. To accuse Trump of wrong doing without condemning the more obvious offenders is very misleading

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

I remember feeling embarassed to be American based on how many of my peers referred to anyone whose ethnic origins were from Turkey, India and everywhere in between as towel heads, terrorists, camel jockeys, dune coons, etc. It was truly awful for a lot of undeserving people.

I felt embarrassed as an American when I saw Minneapolis burning, but I was told the rioting was ok because they were upset....... I think a little prejudice is not unthinkable after a massive terrorist attack against our country. 

ND sets a daily record for positive cases yesterday...............on a daily record of tests performed. Again who knew more tests would result in more positives.

Meanwhile hospitalizations are as low as they have been in awhile.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

ND sets a daily record for positive cases yesterday...............on a daily record of tests performed. Again who knew more tests would result in more positives.

Meanwhile hospitalizations are as low as they have been in awhile.

has dougie always been a rhino?

can we trade him for noem?

45 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

You mean Epstein the big DEMOCRAT donor! The Democrats are the ones who took his money (millions) and his illegal sex trade! Look at all of the democrats who have been accused of par taking in this. Trump supposedly flew on Epstein’s plane for one flight And never went to the island Like Clinton did. To accuse Trump of wrong doing without condemning the more obvious offenders is very misleading

Trumptard 

FB_IMG_1599869199145.jpg

4 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

I see.

He didn't take the loyalty pledge to Twitler.  

He needs to totally commit to the cult.

how many positive tests would ND have if we went 1 day without testing asymptomatic college students looking to win a giftcard or lazy 30 year olds that want some time off to play COD all night?

answer.............zero

12 hours ago, Benny Baker said:

I was in Duluth the night before.

Watching Wilco and Jacket covering Neil Young---that would have been quite the trifecta! 

Last time I saw Wilco was in 2015 at the Basilica Block Party. Beautiful day, ran into Woody Harrelson who was in Minnesota shooting a movie. We were checking out the stage lists which are nailed on trees for the 3 stages when you walk in. Told him I was a big fan and asked who he was there to see and he said Wilco mostly. The Great Clips stage finished with Jenny Lewis, Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit, and Wilco. I was there mostly to see Jason Isbell who is America's greatest songwriter.  Isbell joined Wilco on stage for California Stars to finish the show.

do you know how these allegations were discredited/debunked?

It's called the Justin Bieber defense (as of a couple of months ago)...

Ask said victim when and where the assault happened?  pin them down as much as to where and when...narrow it down as much as possible and hold them to it.........so DJT raped you in Miami on or about June 3rd, 2011? correct

What if I could prove that DJT was out of the country for the whole month of June 2011? (in scotland for two weeks followed by two more in Australia)....

Where ya going Gloria.....as she walks out to find another "victim"

• Upvote 1

Trumptards gotta be Trumptards.

Or is it cultists have to be cultists?

Either way, they'll remain loyal to the bitter end. And, it will be very bitter.

https://www.businessinsider.com/women-accused-trump-sexual-misconduct-list-2017-12

At least 25 women have made sexual misconduct allegations against Trump since the 1970s.

A deluge of women made their accusations public following the October 2016 release of the "Access Hollywood" tape, in which Trump was recorded boasting about grabbing women's genitals in 2005. Some others made their stories public months before the tape's release, and still others came forward in the months following.

The Trump campaign believes its tough-on-illegal-immigration messaging and anti-abortion judicial appointments have made inroads with Latinos who are in the country legally -- themes Trump is likely to highlight at the roundtable discussions.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-gets-chance-to-pounce-as-biden-s-nevada-grip-loosens/ar-BB18XMKg

6 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

The Trump campaign believes its tough-on-illegal-immigration messaging and anti-abortion judicial appointments have made inroads with Latinos who are in the country legally -- themes Trump is likely to highlight at the roundtable discussions.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-gets-chance-to-pounce-as-biden-s-nevada-grip-loosens/ar-BB18XMKg

Maybe, but overall numbers haven't changed much in Nevada.  Florida is a different story.  Of course, this is before the Woodward tapes came out.  

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/election-update-polls-are-good-for-biden-pretty-much-everywhere-except-florida/

Election Update: Polls Are Good For Biden Pretty Much Everywhere — Except Florida