SiouxSports.com Forum

Road Warrior Roll Call - Mankato

Blackheart

Got my tickets this morning for the Mankato series on Saturday, October 19!  I will be in attendance with 6 fellow Sioux fans; got nice seats in 101 just even with the faceoff circle in the end we shoot at twice.  The guy that invented Ticketbastard must be rolling in the cash...$28 tickets ends up at $40 after they put their mark on it.  :angry:  Anyway, hockey starts at 6:07 so will have to get a little earlier start from the Twin Cities so we can squeeze in our meal and cultural visit to Mett...I mean the Children's Museum prior to the game.  Who else is going to cheer on the boys?  Mafia?

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, forksandspoons said:

Which bars will UND fans be at?

EDIT: I realize all them... But which are the best?

There used to be an Irish Pub near the arena; wondering if that’s still there....Mettlers is nearby as well.  Haven’t really made it past those two.  Also, you can buy drinks in the arena.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

There used to be an Irish Pub near the arena; wondering if that’s still there....Mettlers is nearby as well.  Haven’t really made it past those two.  Also, you can buy drinks in the arena.

That's gone. Bww is gone. 

Downtown, you have rounders, blue bricks, loose moose (which is connected with mettlers) and pub 500 for bars with food. Pagliai's and ummies for food that will also serve some beer. Number 4 is the steakhouse down there.  And there are a bunch of bars down there as well.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Siouxman said:

Have tickets for this weekend.  :bigsmile:  And no, I don't expect to be causing trouble unless IceArenaMan brings it to me.

I will be there Friday and Saturday night and be on my BEST behavior also will be having MafiaMan as my guest Friday to keep me in line!

41 minutes ago, UND85 said:

We’re coming down from St Cloud on Friday. Haven’t seen a game in Mankato since The Pony Express line was rolling. Can’t wait!

Looking forward to seeing you Brad this weekend. I will have to buy you a beer this weekend if I can afford it on my retirement income!:D

• Like 1

19 hours ago, forksandspoons said:

Which bars will UND fans be at?

EDIT: I realize all them... But which are the best?

Well if you want food, Pub 500 is probably the best for that, but you are going to want to get reservations, if you re just looking for beer Blue Bricks has a nice atmosphere and good tap selection but the kitchen is small so food may take awhile, Pagliai's pizza Is also a great option... if you can get a seat, good pizza and beer on tap. Keep in mind all of these are in walking distance to the arena. If you have a DD, Uber/Lyft or Kato Cab, Mankato Brewery in North Mankato is a good option, they don't serve food but have a list of places that deliver, otherwise there is always the Loose Moose and Mettlers for those who want to show up to the game smelling like peach body oil.

6 minutes ago, Langster019 said:

Couch potato roll call here.

I’m sure this has been covered already but does NCHC.tv not have rights to non-con games? Would like to watch but it’s not listed on UND or NCHC sites. 

No non conference road games will be on NCHC.TV. Streaming rights for home games  belong to the home team’s conference. 

On 10/15/2019 at 12:09 PM, MafiaMan said:

No, just Friday night's game.  The only question is...which jersey do I go with?  

Anything but that Russian jersey...they didn't even spell USSR right...apparently the letter C is used for just about everything in Russian. (CCCP);)

On 10/16/2019 at 8:51 PM, 90siouxfan said:

Who will be the youtube hero that gets all us addicts our Sioux Hockey fix?

I live streamed some road games on YouTube last year that members requested and I probably would’ve again for this series but I will be attending the Mankato games. I hope someone that is a little tech savvy is willing to step up!

Okay, last time i went to a game in Mankato the parking was free. Looking at the civic center website it appears most are free tonight besides the directly attached ramps which are $5 for event? Does this sound right to those who went last night?

On another page it says civic center parking is free.