SiouxSports.com Forum

Manitoba Bisons @ UND -- Exhibition

stoneySIOUX

Just now, stoneySIOUX said:

Slow day at work. Let's get one started.

Last year, UND outshot Manitoba 55-9, but the Hawks needed an OT goal to win 3-2, starting a year-long trend of dominating, but not scoring.

What do you all want to see out of this team against the Bisons? 

A better shots to goals ratio. 

I’d also like Manitoba to not score. 

Im not that demanding. :lol:

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Sodbuster said:

I'm sure glad to see this thread. It means the season really is going to start! Last year's Manitoba game seemed to be a prediction of the entire season.

Definitely. I was very optimistic after the dominance and was sure the goals would come. Welp... Lol 

I would like to see them gain confidence from the game so that the defeated body language we saw last year at times that seemed to me like “here we go again” is far in the past.  Would like to see a bit of swagger this year that gives the impression that even if they are down a couple in the third, they still feel they can come back and win.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Last year, UND outshot Manitoba 55-9, but the Hawks needed an OT goal to win 3-2, starting a year-long trend of dominating, but not scoring.

Good to see the season approaching!
By UND, there were over 100 shots taken toward the goal (only 55 considered SOG) and a 2-2 tie after regulation. 
Little did we know that was going to be part our game for the rest of the season.

We need to spank the Bisons and also the Griffins the weekend after to start the season on the right track.

16 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Shot on net and not in the goalies chest!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nhockey30 said:

They better win without OT this year. Also would like to see them play with an edge, a chip on their shoulder. We used to play that way and seems we have moved away from that a bit. I would like to getting back to playing hard nosed, take no BS hockey.

The only problem with playing that way is you tend to get a little to into the game and then you push someone and hurt their feelings and get a penalty for what used to be a hockey play 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

The only problem with playing that way is you tend to get a little to into the game and then you push someone and hurt their feelings and get a penalty for what used to be a hockey play 

That is true, we need to ride that line I believe. That elusive line.

On 9/30/2019 at 3:37 PM, stoneySIOUX said:

I don’t care about the Bison game. I just want to put a 10 spot up on Canisus both nights. 

59 minutes ago, Sodbuster said:

So, it's probably been discussed here already, but what's the Canisus  goal tending situation this year compared to last year?  

I know they have 4 goalies on their roster... 

They split goalies during our series with them last year, one of those goalies is back. 

6 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

I know they have 4 goalies on their roster... 

They split goalies during our series with them last year, one of those goalies is back. 

They brought in a guy in December who played in at least one of the games against UND. The goaltending for Canisius was good when it had to be but not overly tested. 

8 hours ago, Emerald joker said:

Not a problem. How many stupid penalties did we have the last few years, did we get our monies worth with them? No. Duluth did?
Have you watched the Sioux play 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 years ago? No holding back, those men played like with a chip on their shoulder!

Have you watched Duluth play at all the last couple of years?
Sandelin isn't worried about hurting anybodies' feelings, get the W.
Sandelin's boys are skating for the Hardware for a 3 year run.

10 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Not a problem. How many stupid penalties did we have the last few years, did we get our monies worth with them? Duluth did?
Have you watched the Sioux play 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 years ago? No holding back, those men played like with a chip on their shoulder!

Have you watched Duluth play at all the last couple of years?
Sandelin isn't worried about hurting anybodies' feelings.
Sandelin's boys are skating for the Hardware for a 3 year run.

You either missed the point or just felt the need to worship Duluth again. 

If we pulled half the crap Duluth pulls, we’re spending half the game in the box. Duluth is lucky they get away with all that crap. 

• Upvote 1