SiouxSports.com Forum

Game of Thrones: UND Edition.

Frozen4sioux

17 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

So Tom Clifford must have been really mediocre because he never went anywhere else? (sarcasm) :silly:

And we need to stop talking ourselves down. If we keep talking about ourselves like we are a bottom-feeding, bargain-basement institution, that is what we will become.

Kennedy knows his days here are numbered so he is looking for an escape hatch. And Colorado is giving it to him.

I certainly agree with your second paragraph.  This has become a real concern over the last 8-10 years.  We need to get back to the point where we expect to excel at everything we do.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

And we need to stop talking ourselves down. If we keep talking about ourselves like we are a bottom-feeding, bargain-basement institution, that is what we will become.

Kennedy knows his days here are numbered so he is looking for an escape hatch. And Colorado is giving it to him.

Lack of self-awareness and not understanding your place in the hierarchy can be more damaging than claiming whatever hyperbole it is about UND not wanting to strive to be better. It is an attractive job, particularly for someone who is ambitious. Especially now that it has been shown that people will notice someone who does a good job in that position. Yes, occasionally you will find someone who has the desire to make UND their capstone, however that is rare. I'd prefer someone who does the best they can while here and does it so well that they get bigger and better opportunities. Not a personal criticism against them, but I'd argue the previous few administrations were pretty good examples of what happens when you aren't pushing for bigger and better and are fine with the status quo.

Kennedy has been in the running for multiple jobs that came with significant pay raises and much higher in prestige and he got those by impressing others with what he accomplished in his short tenure at UND despite whatever narrative others want to go with. It was far from perfect but UND will be much better in the long run because of what he put in motion while here. You have the order wrong on his leaving, Kennedy's days weren't "numbered" until he became the sole finalist for the Colorado job, not the other way around. 

• Upvote 1

Oooof...

The CU forum Kennedy just had to go through was a brutal example of everything wrong with higher education.

The child minded brainwashed community of nitwits have no idea why or what they are actually butthurt about ala MK.

The backlash he has faced in ND is NOTHING compared to the unforgivable sin of once being slightly to the wrong side of the political divide.

Everything they should be asking about or concerned with from his shortcomings here have not been even really mentioned. 

I almost feel sorry for him.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Oooof...

The CU forum Kennedy just had to go through was a brutal example of everything wrong with higher education.

The child minded brainwashed community of nitwits have no idea why or what they are actually butthurt about ala MK.

The backlash he has faced in ND is NOTHING compared to the unforgivable sin of once being slightly to the wrong side of the political divide.

Everything they should be asking about or concerned with from his shortcomings here have not been even really mentioned. 

I almost feel sorry for him.

Tweet thread documenting the circus for reference.

Heidi Heitkamp would do a great job running a company or running a company.

As good as anybody from anywhere not from here.

there is something to say for integrity and I believe this mantador/hankinson girl has integrity 

should add that I think Heidi would increase donations dramatically (hello other female decision donors).  and open all sorts of doors for Federal funding types

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Heidi Heitkamp would do a great job running a company or running a company.

As good as anybody from anywhere not from here.

there is something to say for integrity and I believe this mantador/hankinson girl has integrity 

should add that I think Heidi would increase donations dramatically (hello other female decision donors).  and open all sorts of doors for Federal funding types

Knowing and dealing with her and her family in the past.....

"Integrity" isnt even in the same language as the words to describe them. 

UND has had enough of the aged political has beens.

Find a leader, not a politician.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

On 4/26/2019 at 10:00 PM, Frozen4sioux said:

Knowing and dealing with her and her family in the past.....

"Integrity" isnt even in the same language as the words to describe them. 

UND has had enough of the aged political has beens.

Find a leader, not a politician.

Leadership and integrity. 

Well I'd like to nominate myself. As a now twice graduate (well, come may) of UND,  both of Aerospace I clearly have a tie to the University.

I'm a Captain,  so I have leadership experience (hopefully my airmen agree it's been good).

In the Air Force, we are taught integrity first as a core value. 

Also, I'm only 30 so I'm not aged!

As a bonus, with my tie to UND aerospace and Air Force officer experience, I'm basically President Clifford. 

Only thing is, I still owe the Air Force 2 years. But that shouldn't be a problem as senior administrators can telework according to President Kennedy. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Rebel_Sioux said:

Well I'd like to nominate myself. As a now twice graduate (well, come may) of UND,  both of Aerospace I clearly have a tie to the University.

I'm a Captain,  so I have leadership experience (hopefully my airmen agree it's been good).

As a bonus, with my tie to UND aerospace and Air Force officer experience, I'm basically President Clifford. 

Only thing is, I still owe the Air Force 2 years. But that shouldn't be a problem as senior administrators can telework according to President Kennedy. 

I think you’ve set yourself up for an assistant professor of military science position somewhere... with a few more years of experience.

3 hours ago, Rebel_Sioux said:

Very impressive 

Thanks for your service 

• Upvote 1

#MUNDGA

Final Criteria/Do you have a 'R' benind your name?

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Final Criteria/Do you have a 'R' benind your name?

Typical Dbag post from you

Heidi doesn't but I have no doubt she'd do better job than Kennedy. 

• Upvote 2

3 of the 9 Regents on the University of Colorado Board have come out publicly on how they will vote on Kennedy. One will vote yes... Republican Two said they will vote no..... Democrats. The U of C Board of Regents is one of the few boards that is elected. The Boards has a 5-4 Republican tilt.

19 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

3 of the 9 Regents on the University of Colorado Board have come out publicly on how they will vote on Kennedy. One will vote yes... Republican Two said they will vote no..... Democrats. The U of C Board of Regents is one of the few boards that is elected. The Boards has a 5-4 Republican tilt.

We will find out Thursday, but I would be stunned if he didn't get it.