SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Duluth -- Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

9 minutes ago, DAR said:

That loss to Anchorage has to just kill UNDs Pairwise...cripes they are 3-28

UND swept UAA this year.
Good comeback in that second game too...down 3-1 in the 3rd and scored 3 goals in a 1:30 to win 4-3.

But, as Wilbur said...that Canisius series on the other hand...

24 minutes ago, Sioux90 said:

Anyone concerned with our goal tending? I didn't watch the game, but the highlights showed Thome out of position a lot of the time. It's rare to see a goalie play like he does....is it concerning or just his style???

He made my heart skip a few beats too, he certainly likes to bounce around and flop and it makes it scary at times.  Probably his style but it's scary.  I think he needs to tame it a bit to improve. 

44 minutes ago, DAR said:

That loss to Anchorage has to just kill UNDs Pairwise...cripes they are 3-28

That's a pretty good midnight post, friend - UND is not toast.

Give you some morning reading:
We were swept twice so far this season, and returned the punishment to two other teams.

Here's where our horsepower is at - and it's with Top 6 teams:
St. Cloud       1-1    
Massachu     0-0
Quinnie          0-0
MN St.           1-1
Duluth            2-1
Denver          1-2-1

Somebody mentioned a little earlier, we're coached to play good teams, agree.
Our record playing 4 of the top 6 teams in the country is 5-5-1, that's NCAA playoff material.

36 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

UND has 10 wins vs rated teams this year........it's the garbage that's killed their Pairwise to date. 

The Canisius losses get a lot of attention (and rightly so); the loss and tie against Bemidji State are also Pairwise anchors and seem to be almost forgotten. 

Dave

18 minutes ago, Dave Berger said:

The Canisius losses get a lot of attention (and rightly so); the loss and tie against Bemidji State are also Pairwise anchors and seem to be almost forgotten. 

Those loses hurt, like all usually do.
Looking to the positive side, overall we played respectively against good teams. We just need to get into the NCAA's, so we can play with the good teams and show who we really are.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, The Exiled One said:

Obviously I'm not a fan of UND, but I wouldn't mind their help clinching the NCHC title for SCSU this weekend, so I hope you beat UMD. Frankly, I kind of hope UND makes the NCHC tournament in St. Paul so that it's not dull as hell. So... good luck I guess?

In contrast, I LOVED the old WCHA tournament when the Gophers didn't make it. I showered in schadenfreude before heading down to 7th Street on game day.

So are you like the only St. Cloud fan that attends these playoff games? Your fan base turn out is terrible and is really pathetic when you think about it because you are an hour from St Paul? The nice thing about not making the NCHC is dealing with douche huskie fans, but maybe that’s why you own fans don’t show up either......

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

So are you like the only St. Cloud fan that attends these playoff games? Your fan base turn out is terrible and is really pathetic when you think about it because you are an hour from St Paul? The nice thing about not making the NCHC is dealing with douche huskie fans, but maybe that’s why you own fans don’t show up either......

Yikes, coming in hot lol.