SiouxSports.com Forum

Heading to Du Loooth 4 A run in with Sandelin's boys!

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

11 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Yes ... Id put the line on this game at UMD by like 4 each night, with crowd under 50% capacity.

UMD will only seriously struggle with staying away from their cousins at the afterparty.

Got our tickets last week. Place seats  6726, less than 500 tickets left for sale for Friday, less that 250 left for Saturday on Ticketmaster. Don't know how the student section fits in to that?

Looking for a good show by the fans of the green, a UND teammate of Berry and Sandelin with us. Meeting others there. Now about the 4 points each night you mention, that wouldn't even give us a fighting hawks chance? Let me just say there's a chance, that's why we're going to the game!

54 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Said the same two fourth graders when Arizona St Hockey was discussed:lol:.  “ASU hockey is just so preposterous that’s it’s hilarious.”

FUMPG... don’t you have some silly league proposal like to Sumitt League to FBS?  Big Sky to FBS football. BSC to the WAC. 

Duluth is on an eight-game home unbeaten streak (7-0-1). The Bulldogs haven't lost at home yet this season (4-0-1) and have outscored opponents 20-6 in AmsOil.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/hockey/4536134-shorthanded-und-team-looking-turn-tide-amsoil-arena

UND won in their most recent meeting in the NCHC Frozen Faceoff in March.

7 hours ago, Kip Viau said:

I know that this question should be under a new topic, but...after today’s article by Schlossman, what are the chances of Smaby replacing Shaw after this season? 

PLEASE!!! PLEASE!!! PLEASE!!! PLEASE!!! PLEASE!!! PLEASE!!! PLEASE!!! PLEASE!!! PLEASE!!!PLEASE!!! PLEASE!!! PLEASE!!!

15 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I haven’t been to a game in Duluth. Is the attendance really that bad? Doesn’t that barn only hold like around 5,000?

Used to be 80-90% full during Sioux games with about a quarter of those fans being Sioux fans.  I'm guessing it will be 2/3 full with a smaller percent of Sioux fans than normal.

Lots of things stacked against the green team this weekend.  They can't take penalties.....any lazy sticks is a Duluth player flopping and Perunovich coming out to head their power play.  It's a big weekend for Rhett because he is going to end up taking a TON of face offs, and his success on those will be key to keeping Duluth out of our end.  

I think Scheel is the guy in net tonight.  More positionally sound, and I could see Duluth really taking advantage of Thome getting caught out of position with their puck movement.

Green glasses:

Friday: UND 4-3

Saturday: Duluth 5-1

Agree about Jones, the team has not been the same without him over the last few weeks. Adams has been good this year as well, and can actually shoot well. Going to need someone to step up and finish the few chances they'll get this weekend. I think a split, just because the odds are so against them, they'll somehow find a way.

42 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

UMD is 8-0 when they score first.

At best UND salvages a tie this weekend.........but I could be very ugly.

depends which team shows up.

Everyone was so down about the W Michigan series, and yeah Saturday was UGLY, but they played really well on Friday, just ended up on the wrong side of the score.

I'd like to see the UND team that played against Wisconsin, or even MN. I don't care about the difference in team talent, UND controlled the games and limited opportunities. The Offense is what it is; some nights they will be hot, most nights they will not. But there is no reason this team cannot shut down teams defensively and limit opponents to 1 or 2 goals a game. That should be enough to win most games and tie some.

So many people complaining last weekend after a sweep. Yeah it wasn't pretty, and yeah it was AA, but it all looks the same in the W/L columns. I don't expect a sweet on the road at Duluth, but a split should absolutely be achievable. Even there, I've seen crazier things. Hope Bubs has his boys ready to play.

58 minutes ago, SiouxTupa said:

Reading is hard...it's in the Ice Time page like a few other weeks' posts. He picks a close Duluth sweep.

Did not look at the Ice Time page........................obviously I don't have as much free time as you.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Gardner is going be like a lacrosse player out there, face off get off. Smith should show the same concern for Perunovich's health that UMD did for Jost, Poolman, etc.

Smith has been a lot better after the first few games this year because he's staying out of penalty trouble. I don't remember if it was last year or two years ago, but he made an ass out of himself at AmsOil in at least one game causing UND to have to kill a major. Play to the line but not over. His whole line with Hain/Bowen and Senden have been solid for the last month.