SiouxSports.com Forum

Heading to Du Loooth 4 A run in with Sandelin's boys!

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

10 minutes ago, runaroundsioux said:

I watched a program on surfing on Lake Superior in winter, near Duluth. It was below freezing. You people need to expand your gene pool. 

Actually late fall early winter is the best time because the waves are largest and the water is the warmest then.

3 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Plus it would absolutely piss off their color commentator, who is the worst I have ever heard. Not sure if that is Ciskie or someone else, but the guy is bad. Duluth could two hand chop someone and he would be irate if a penalty was called, but if someone breathes in the direct of an ugly puppy jersey, he would be calling for a penalty shot. I wish that were an exaggeration, but the guy is just terrible.

Yeah, that Zitsky guy...heard him do a game a couple years ago, maybe on a webcast...he is the absolute worst...makes Frank Mazzocco look like Doc Emrick!:):)

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Well...they have better players, we are missing some key cogs, and it's in Duluth.  Here's hoping to a lucky split.

How about we get a goaltender to steal a game or two.  This would be the ideal time. Would feel a lot better about our chances with a full lineup, but other than Perunovich, there isn't a guy you look at on Duluth as a surefire star. They just have a very solid core of players that work hard.  That's what we need to do this weekend to come away with points.

On 11/29/2018 at 5:53 PM, Goon said:

You do realize that Shaw has coached at a very high level? In fact, all of UND’s coaches have coach in the AHL or NHL. I’ll predict with great confidence, Shaw isn’t going anywhere. After Friday’s game one of the players whom I forgotten mentioned Shaw’s work on the reason the PP is now clicking along. 

Don’t know if Shaw is in it for the long haul.  Will be interesting to see if he stays once his son is done playing after this season.  I do think it will be his choice to stay or go, he’s not going to be terminated.

1 hour ago, tnt said:

How about we get a goaltender to steal a game or two.  This would be the ideal time. Would feel a lot better about our chances with a full lineup, but other than Perunovich, there isn't a guy you look at on Duluth as a surefire star. They just have a very solid core of players that work hard.  That's what we need to do this weekend to come away with points.

What?  Duluth is loaded 

55 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

Don’t know if Shaw is in it for the long haul.  Will be interesting to see if he stays once his son is done playing after this season.  I do think it will be his choice to stay or go, he’s not going to be terminated.

From what I hear, the players like him.  

On 11/30/2018 at 12:25 AM, brianvf said:

if Jones were able to play.      A split would be a successful weekend

I found some positive excerpts in posts of this thread, all before the first puck dropped. The 2 day Game Day thread was on a mission.

On 11/30/2018 at 8:42 AM, TheFlop said:

Gonna need someone to step up

On 11/30/2018 at 9:23 AM, Wilbur said:

I think Scheel is the guy in net        Green glasses

On 11/30/2018 at 9:51 AM, SiouxTupa said:

they'll somehow find a way.

On 11/30/2018 at 9:55 AM, siouxfan512 said:

there is no reason this team cannot shut down teams defensively and limit opponents to 1 or 2 goals

On 11/30/2018 at 10:15 AM, Goon said:

Hey, @Oxbow6 let's not your heart be troubled. Have some faith. 

On 11/30/2018 at 12:20 PM, SiouxTupa said:

One dude who throws his weight around is Bast.

On 11/30/2018 at 12:26 PM, scpa0305 said:

missing some key cogs, and it's in Duluth.  Here's hoping to a lucky split.

On 11/30/2018 at 12:36 PM, NoDak Fan said:

I assume M-Duluth is running at full capacity.

On 11/30/2018 at 1:02 PM, ChrisUND1 said:

That comeback win, after being down 3-1 to AA, was incredibly HUGE. 

On 11/30/2018 at 1:04 PM, FGHTNSX Hawkey14 said:

Man let's shock the world

On 11/30/2018 at 1:05 PM, Biddco said:

Should be a full barn this weekend. Usual problems of no shows that look worse with the gold seats. 

Attendance:    Friday 6,787      Saturday 6,880      Upper bowl of student section was sparse.

On 11/30/2018 at 4:01 PM, Blackheart said:

heard him do a game a couple years ago, maybe on a webcast...he is the absolute worst.

On 11/30/2018 at 5:45 PM, scpa0305 said:

Our lineup looks iffy at best 

On 11/30/2018 at 6:01 PM, tnt said:

How about we get a goaltender to steal a game

On 11/30/2018 at 6:22 PM, brianvf said:

toss out three normal top 6 starting forwards on top of that.            Ouch.

On 11/30/2018 at 6:30 PM, iluvdebbies said:

At least we get to watch Todd Anderson this weekend!

On 11/30/2018 at 7:10 PM, scpa0305 said:

What?  Duluth is loaded 

On 11/30/2018 at 7:58 PM, tnt said:

Up front, other than Tufte   ?

There is a chance.