SiouxSports.com Forum

Heading to Du Loooth 4 A run in with Sandelin's boys!

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

I'd like to see UND come out extremely physical for the first couple shifts. Look for some solid, hard, CLEAN hits. Put a little fear in them right away, and cause them to make some mental mistakes as the game goes on. It has been a while since we have seen a really hard hitting UND team, which is perfectly fine. But in a game like this, I think you need to come out and shake them up to get them off of their game. Start the Smith line and send a message. Nothing cheap, not trying to be goons, but send a message.

Plus it would absolutely piss off their color commentator, who is the worst I have ever heard. Not sure if that is Ciskie or someone else, but the guy is bad. Duluth could two hand chop someone and he would be irate if a penalty was called, but if someone breathes in the direct of an ugly puppy jersey, he would be calling for a penalty shot. I wish that were an exaggeration, but the guy is just terrible.

2 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Good old Ciskie.  :D

I'm just hoping that with a few key graduations that UMD isn't still super dive-prone...or is that still the case?
They were pretty bad the last few years...

Not the case now that a few of them graduated a long time ago. 

1 hour ago, Big Green said:

We are the F'n University of North Dakota.  We need to go down there and kick A$$.  No reason Duluth should be better than us.  F them.

Well...they have better players, we are missing some key cogs, and it's in Duluth.  Here's hoping to a lucky split.

2 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

depends which team shows up.

Everyone was so down about the W Michigan series, and yeah Saturday was UGLY, but they played really well on Friday, just ended up on the wrong side of the score.

I'd like to see the UND team that played against Wisconsin, or even MN. I don't care about the difference in team talent, UND controlled the games and limited opportunities. The Offense is what it is; some nights they will be hot, most nights they will not. But there is no reason this team cannot shut down teams defensively and limit opponents to 1 or 2 goals a game. That should be enough to win most games and tie some.

So many people complaining last weekend after a sweep. Yeah it wasn't pretty, and yeah it was AA, but it all looks the same in the W/L columns. I don't expect a sweet on the road at Duluth, but a split should absolutely be achievable. Even there, I've seen crazier things. Hope Bubs has his boys ready to play.

But not in the pairwise

10 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

How have the home crowds been this year, @Biddco

They've been pleasantly good. There were lots of fans for the Maine series (first time most could see the defending champs) and the CC series was pretty good. Should be a full barn this weekend. Usual problems of no shows that look worse with the gold seats. Will be interesting to see tickets scanned vs tickets sold as I've seen some college hockey writers have been working on making those numbers public. 

3 minutes ago, Biddco said:

They've been pleasantly good. There were lots of fans for the Maine series (first time most could see the defending champs) and the CC series was pretty good. Should be a full barn this weekend. Usual problems of no shows that look worse with the gold seats. Will be interesting to see tickets scanned vs tickets sold as I've seen some college hockey writers have been working on making those numbers public. 

Cool.  I have seen a few shots from Mariucci this year and it is incredible how empty that place has been!