SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA VS miami GAMEDAY THREAD (FRIDAY)

iluvdebbies

Never would have thought we'd see 5 wins in a row after watching the BSU series.
Really impressive turnaround by this team in only a few short weeks.
If Jones even pots 1 or 2 of his posts and UND gets some of their early chances, this game is a blowout.

Hope for more of the same tomorrow night!  Go UND!

4 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Never would have thought we'd see 5 wins in a row after watching the BSU series.
Really impressive turnaround by this team in only a few short weeks.
If Jones even pots 1 or 2 of his posts and UND gets some of their early chances, this game is a blowout.

Hope for more of the same tomorrow night!  Go UND!

What I've noticed is that Berry has figured out how to change from a guy who can't get his players to pass well and play hard for a full 60  to a guy who has his young team playing very well together.  

He must have read a bunch of books in the last three weeks.

• Upvote 1

I'm really happy with how sound the team hockey play has been.   Excellent positional play, guys find the open man, cover for each other on D, and all that makes us hard to play against.  Only 17 SOG for Miami tonight.

Faceoffs also a measure of team chemistry, but I didn't see that stat yet tonight.

Well done boys.  The weekend's work is halfway complete.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

I'm really happy with how sound the team hockey play has been.   Excellent positional play, guys find the open man, cover for each other on D, and all that makes us hard to play against.  Only 17 SOG for Miami tonight.

Faceoffs also a measure of team chemistry, but I didn't see that stat yet tonight.

Well done boys.  The weekend's work is halfway complete.

That was a gritty well-earned road win. Man, I thought somehow Miami would tie it up and pull out a BS win out of their arses but they didn’t. Happy for UND gutting that victory out.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Godsmack said:

That was a gritty well-earned road win. Man, I thought somehow Miami would tie it up and pull out a BS win out of their arses but they didn’t. Happy for UND gutting that victory out.

Miami played hard the whole game, and they have some skaters too.  But as Farce pointed out, our position play was excellent. 

• Upvote 1

Pretty boring game.  From the looks of it Miami has been the worst team we have played this year.  Boys got up two and sat back.  That type of play was reminiscent of 1-2 years ago. They should have blew up Larkin tonight.  I think we blow them out tomorrow . 6-2 

16 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

Faceoff stats from the box score:  UND 28, Miami 17.  Gardner 14-6 and Jones 9-3 were most of that.

Another reason we seemed to have the puck all night.

EDIT: Oh, and we had 25 blocks, from 15 different guys.  Nice sign everyone's getting on board.

Yup. Said this to a couple of buddies.... if we're gonna struggle a bit to score at times this season, sign me up for a team that is gonna go balls to the walls for 60 minutes and pressure the puck up and down the ice. We're so great on the draws and our defense/Scheel have been so good. Impressive stuff. We're very tough to play against.

• Upvote 2