SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA VS miami GAMEDAY THREAD (FRIDAY)

iluvdebbies

They reviewed the buzzer beater twice....the first time for goalie interference.  Then they went in the box to check to see if Miami was offside.  It turns out they were.  As UNDBIZ said, UND played the puck while it was in the zone, so the refs called it a good goal.  

Now I'm not an official, so I don't know how the rule is defined exactly.  Miami shot the puck into the zone from the near side with 18 seconds left (offside) and Miami was the first to play the puck after it rung around the boards with 15-16 seconds left, not UND.  The far side Miami player took control and made a weak attempt at a shot towards the net from the far blue line that was blocked and subsequently controlled by UND with about 12 seconds left.  That is the point they are using to call the play a good zone entry when I think it should have been dead once Miami played the puck on the far side.  Because Miami played the puck first, not UND, shouldn't it still be offside?  

1 minute ago, Big A HG said:

They revied the buzzer beater twice....the first time for goalie interference.  Then they went in the box to check to see if Miami was offside.  It turns out they were.  As UNDBIZ said, UND played the puck while it was in the zone, so the refs called it a good goal.  

Now I'm not an official, so I don't know how the rule is defined exactly.  Miami shot the puck into the zone from the near side with 18 seconds left (offside) and Miami was the first to play the puck after it rung around the boards with 15-16 seconds left, not UND.  The far side Miami player took control and made a weak attempt at a shot towards the net from the far blue line that was blocked and subsequently controlled by UND with about 12 seconds left.  That is the point they are using to call the play a good zone entry when I think it should have been dead once Miami played the puck on the far side.  Because Miami played the puck first, not UND, shouldn't it still be offside?  

I believe it is in the NHL.