SiouxSports.com Forum

Senior appreciation

Fry Bread

8 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Can somebody comment on warren Taylor. Sorry but I don’t know much. Must be very committed doing things behind the scenes.

Believe this is his first year and he’s a graduate student. He must love the game. Has done some kicking for the team. 

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

I’ve said it before but Cieslak is the poster boy for what our DEs should look like. 6’4” around 290 with long arms and sweet feet. Every so often he ruins an offense by himself and it’s a thing of beauty.

Have heard he’s a pretty good dancer 

Brady - love watching this kid bulldoze right through guys.  That run against Sac St. epitomizes Brady, where he pushed and carried guys 5 yards into the endzone after using his speed and agility to get that far.  Love his heart and will to win.

Santiago - Rushing for over 100 yards against Washington.  That first game against Wyoming where he emerged out of nowhere.  So many long runs.  Love his heart and will to win too....it was especially evident against Washington. 

Palmborg - PWO to team captain...gotta love that! 

Deion Harris - all of the pick 6's

Fiedler - bringing a mean streak as some have mentioned, and made some nice catches.  Too bad he couldn't have gotten more. 

Aplin - Steady and important the last two years

Greer - Being a stud against Washington and playing his heart out without a real back up in that game since Tank was hurt

Tank - for being tank and just blowing up the middle so many times.  And I think it was against SHSU where he made a great play to stop the RB on 4th down.

Stanley - lots of good catches a few years ago when he was healthy.  Glad he is back now that we are short on WR's and glad for him being able to play again as a senior.

Cieslak - Bulldozing off the edge.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

My best Fighting Hawk  football memory from the last decade was the come from behind victory vs NAU in 2016 and the Big Sky Title celebration that followed.  Thank you Seniors!

I believe Faison had everything set for a win and a plan if things didn’t go well 

1 hour ago, SkoHawks said:

I thought about not going to the game after how disappointed I am. BUT....We have some special seniors on this team, and I want to see them play again in person and they deserve us to all be there and be loud.

I'll be back in GF Saturday noon from deer hunting to go to the game. Also need to see these guys play again. Still hard to believe how all this talk was about the RB's over the last few years and here we are?

• Upvote 1

Was at the Wyoming game in Laramie in "15. Nobody had heard of John Santiago before the game other than some references to some freshman switchng to RB from the receiver position. Supposedly he was fast. None of us at the game will ever forget his performance that day. That game was the most satisfying  football experience I have ever had. Hope to see Santiago get some playing time next couple games to finish off his career at UND.

• Upvote 2