SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA VS BADgers GAMEDAY THREAD (FRIDAY)

iluvdebbies

11 hours ago, Wilbur said:

If it was Walsh I would understand why it wasn't a goal......but it wasn't......:glare:

Don Adam in the building @Goon, find him. 

I asked Erik Martinson why the goal was waved off, he told me it was goalie interferene. 

Scheel reminds me a lot of Ben Bishop.  Tall kid that uses he size extremely well.  Thome is more aggressive which can be good, but also leads to getting caught out of position.  Scheel will get scored on a time or two because he is too deep in the crease, but he has shown that he has the athleticism to make the quick reaction saves through traffic while deep in the crease.

A friend of mine was at the Old Ralph for Archie's very last home game...he said the game was already in hand and the fans started chanting Archie! Archie! Archie! so Gino sent  him out for one last shift...he hit the ice and headed for the end opposite where the puck/action was, skated behind the net and picked up speed and headed toward the other players...about the time he hit full speed he picked out an opponent and delivered the monster check...and without skipping a beat headed over to the sin bin and sat down to the roar of the crowd.  Love it!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, John W. said:

...interesting in that Minnesota State dominated the Gophers...I'd say of the MN collegiate hockey teams..Duluth and M State....#1/2 with St. Cloud #3.....with Bemidj State and Gophers 4/5, prolly in that order....

Thanks for the scoop, Mr Helper!