SiouxSports.com Forum

On to the Griz

Nodak78

Big Sky Breakdown: Montana at North Dakota
https://skylinesportsmt.com/big-sky-breakdown-montana-at-north-dakota/

In this episode, Colter Nuanez is joined by Andrew Houghton of Skyline Sports, Ryan Tootell of ESPN Missoula and Kelly Howe of UND 360 to break down Montana’s upcoming game at North Dakota in Grand Forks on Saturday.

BIG SKY BREAKDOWN TIMES
Andrew Houghton – 1:30

Ryan Tootell, ESPN Missoula — 32:12

Kelly Howe, UND 360 — 1:13:05

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Colter_Nuanez said:

Big Sky Breakdown: Montana at North Dakota
https://skylinesportsmt.com/big-sky-breakdown-montana-at-north-dakota/

In this episode, Colter Nuanez is joined by Andrew Houghton of Skyline Sports, Ryan Tootell of ESPN Missoula and Kelly Howe of UND 360 to break down Montana’s upcoming game at North Dakota in Grand Forks on Saturday.

BIG SKY BREAKDOWN TIMES
Andrew Houghton – 1:30

Ryan Tootell, ESPN Missoula — 32:12

Kelly Howe, UND 360 — 1:13:05

I am I alone in that glancing at the work big sky breakdown, it referred to the tendency of both team to "stink it up" at some point during games?

33 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Listening to Colter.  Portland State put Sneed on the ground quite regularly last week.  Sneed mother will be quite nervous this sat.  Dalton say hello to Mason.  Again and Again.

We stop Sneed we stop their offense. He's a stud, though, even with their depleted OL it will be a challenge to contain him.

39 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Listening to Colter.  Portland State put Sneed on the ground quite regularly last week.  Sneed mother will be quite nervous this sat.  Dalton say hello to Mason.  Again and Again.

They are also believing he is not 100% healthy... we will see 

After listening to the podcast, I think i'm going to go with a closer game than I originally predicted.  Sounds like Montana's offensive coordinator actually adjusts to overcome their own weaknesses and puts a game plan in place, not just the same 4 running plays each week.  Montana turned the ball over a ton last week, also part of why they didn't score much.  I still think we should win by 10 or more as the cards appear in our favor this time against them, but right now I am kind of trusting their offensive coordinator a lot more than ours which I think may keep it close.  Sounds like their LB on defense is a stud, an amazing amount of tackles so far this season.  

That said I hope our front 7 destroys them and their QB is flustered and under pressure from the very first snap and we have broken their will by halftime, especially since we struggle to score in 3rd quarter.  They will probably try a bunch of quick passes and screens. 

4 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

With Sam Houston staying steady, and Idaho State tearing it up, I'm surprised they're not in the top 25 at least. 

With a win, we should be in the top 25. Montana has been in the FCS Stat Poll every week this season, a W here for us is a must.

If we lose this game, it's going to be unberaable to read all the posts on this Forum. Please Hawks, don't put us fans through that, I'll do my part tommorrow and loudly cheer the U on.

• Upvote 1

Montana Grizzlies' 1st game at North Dakota, in 1915, was 'probably the most sensational ever played on the local grounds'

Montana at North Dakota 1915

http://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/montana-grizzlies-st-game-at-north-dakota-in-was-probably/article_57df40c6-369b-5c11-956d-fe095e0f93a3.html

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Montana Grizzlies' 1st game at North Dakota, in 1915, was 'probably the most sensational ever played on the local grounds'

Montana at North Dakota 1915

http://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/montana-grizzlies-st-game-at-north-dakota-in-was-probably/article_57df40c6-369b-5c11-956d-fe095e0f93a3.html

Montana’s players were described as having “a formidable appearance.” The linemen weighed between 180 and 200-plus pounds and were called “great strapping fellows,” and the players in the backfield were said to be almost as big.

Good Stuff right there.

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:25 AM, geaux_sioux said:

I’ll beleive in this team when I see it. I haven’t seen it yet this season. For once, play a full game please.

So speaking of this to someone who seems to know what they are talking about. . . . here's a technical question:  So if defensive coordinators automatically "make adjustments" at half time, do really good Offensive coordinators prepare for that and plan to do what's working, but also throw in some different plays/plans for the second half?  I'll try to watch closer this week, but if you "script" your first 10 or whatever plays the first half, do you mix up your second half to circumvent the defensive adjustments?  Or am I overthinking this?  Seems like the last home game, we scored in the first half, they adjusted and we stalled. 

1 hour ago, Hockeygirl97 said:

So speaking of this to someone who seems to know what they are talking about. . . . here's a technical question:  So if defensive coordinators automatically "make adjustments" at half time, do really good Offensive coordinators prepare for that and plan to do what's working, but also throw in some different plays/plans for the second half?  I'll try to watch closer this week, but if you "script" your first 10 or whatever plays the first half, do you mix up your second half to circumvent the defensive adjustments?  Or am I overthinking this?  Seems like the last home game, we scored in the first half, they adjusted and we stalled. 

UND's OC doesn't know what that means....

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Hockeygirl97 said:

Most offensive coordinators continue with what is working, even if it is after halftime; they make the defense show they can stop it. Now, with that said, the good offensive coordinators also never let a defense get comfortable and are always changing it up to keep defense off balance. Definitely a fine balance between doing what is working and also trying to keep defense on their toes. 

• Upvote 1