SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA VS. c.c. SATURDAY GAMEDAY THREAD

iluvdebbies

On 2/11/2018 at 11:33 PM, Sioux90 said:

Foolish talk. I played goaltender and Thome has rebound control problems and positional issues. He's all over the place. There is a reason Cam gets the call most nights.

Say what you want about his positioning etc but you can’t measure Thome’s heart. That kid will do whatever it takes to keep that puck out of the net and the team is responding to that right now. Maybe he has a bad game in Omaha maybe not. In my opinion Cam is having serious head issues right now and it’s glaring. He’s throwing pucks into the crowd after getting scored on etc. Hes 46th in the nation in save %. 52nd last year. I can understand why people aren’t totally on the Thome train but to act like Cam is the sure thing starter those numbers is insane.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SiouxCrioux1 said:

Say what you want about his positioning etc but you can’t measure Thome’s heart. That kid will do whatever it takes to keep that puck out of the net and the team is responding to that right now. Maybe he has a bad game in Omaha maybe not. In my opinion Cam is having serious head issues right now and it’s glaring. He’s throwing pucks into the crowd after getting scored on etc. Hes 46th in the nation in save %. 52nd last year. I can understand why people aren’t totally on the Thome train but to act like Cam is the sure thing starter those numbers is insane.

I couldn’t tell you who is a better goaltender, but I can tell you the team seems to play better with Thome in net right now. Part of me wonders if it has to do with knowing Thome being a freshman and not as experienced that causes them to play harder in front of him. 

The only stat I care about is wins. If Thome can get us those, leave him in.

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:33 PM, Sioux90 said:

Foolish talk. I played goaltender and Thome has rebound control problems and positional issues. He's all over the place. There is a reason Cam gets the call most nights.

What problems does Cam have? For a goalie who's SV % is just slightly north of .90, he must have some.

20 minutes ago, SiouxCrioux1 said:

This has been my problem for weeks, it's not that I think there's this huge difference between Cam and Thome, but I didn't think Thome was given a fair shot (that has changed recently obviously).

Thome does have things that he needs to work on, but when he's in (look at SV% for the season), he's done a slightly better job than Cam of keeping the puck out of the net. I just want one goalie to get hot (doesn't matter who). Give Thome the net on Friday, if he fails, give Cam a shot until one of them sticks.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SiouxCrioux1 said:

Say what you want about his positioning etc but you can’t measure Thome’s heart.

Actually... 

The heart is typically the size of a fist: 12 cm (5 in) in length, 8 cm (3.5 in) wide, and 6 cm (2.5 in) in thickness. Well-trained athletes can have much larger hearts due to the effects of exercise on the heart muscle, similar to the response of skeletal muscle.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

Great analysis.  Maybe for Saturday, we can decide the goalie based on who has the cooler mask.  

Unless mask/helmet has the Statue of Liberty on it then it can't be worn as to not offend any Koreans in the building...................................................

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

What an edgy, insightful, and totally relevant "hot take" on current events and geopolitics.

Well you would not get that "hot take" on CNN or MSNBC.............so you're welcome.

• Upvote 3