SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Badgers - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

Good road win. Thome was very shaky at times but did make a couple big saves too. I thought defensively the guys did a good job of limiting Wisconsin's chances. I know on tv they had them for 36 shots which I'm not sure was accurate but even if it was there weren't a whole lot that were high quality. Refs let a lot of stuff go Wisco runs a lot of interference and holding.  

55 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

My **GUESS** he is being punished. This all seems odd.

Punished for what?? No idea.... Just odd.

My guess...UND has been shaky on Fridays + you want to get a backup goalie at least one start just in case + you want the pressure off of him as must as possible = road start with an “injury” to Cam that keeps him out as a precaution.  

9 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Good road win. Thome was very shaky at times but did make a couple big saves too. I thought defensively the guys did a good job of limiting Wisconsin's chances. I know on tv they had them for 36 shots which I'm not sure was accurate but even if it was there weren't a whole lot that were high quality. Refs let a lot of stuff go Wisco runs a lot of interference and holding.  

I thought it was a pretty clean game overall. Glad to see the refs letting them play. Not too many penalties. Certainly no dirty plays. Hope we see a similar type of game tomorrow.

tip of the cap to granato and what he has done at Wisconsin so far.

1 minute ago, TNF said:

My guess...UND has been shaky on Fridays + you want to get a backup goalie at least one start just in case + you want the pressure off of him as must as possible = road start with an “injury” to Cam that keeps him out as a precaution.  

Wrong, because if something happens to thome, you are then left with anderson, who is a complete unknown in game play. If Johnson isn't on the bench or playing, there is a reason. If it precautionary.

hope to see cam back soon, but glad to see those getting ice time, especially with the win.

just out of curiosity, how is tomek doing this year?

• Upvote 1

Liked Wisconsins coach's comments in pregame.....TH asked if they play the old defensive shell and he said no...these kids are coming to college to get to a higher level and we are not going to slow down  their progress by playing the way the old coach played.....we are going to let them skate...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Wrong, because if something happens to thome, you are then left with anderson, who is a complete unknown in game play. If Johnson isn't on the bench or playing, there is a reason. If it precautionary.

hope to see cam back soon, but glad to see those getting ice time, especially with the win.

just out of curiosity, how is tomek doing this year?

I’m not saying it was all a staged plan but I’m sure the coaches had this conversation;  not the worst thing to get our backup a game and maybe it lights a fire offensively to break our Friday funk. So I’m sure Cam did have an injury but I think it is easier to pull the trigger as a precaution when it makes sense to do it at some point any way. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, gsiouxo said:

Liked Wisconsins coach's comments in pregame.....TH asked if they play the old defensive shell and he said no...these kids are coming to college to get to a higher level and we are not going to slow down  their progress by playing the way the old coach played.....we are going to let them skate...

Not exactly an endorsement of Mr. Eaves.

• Upvote 1

I was very, very impressed with the way they looked tonight. I couldn't pick out one guy that looked off or was a step behind. What a difference these new guys are making, Jones does everything right, love watching him play, Mismash looks like he could be the best forward on the team come Christmas and Adams has consistently been a difference maker. Bast is phenomenal on the back end and Thome was solid in his first start. 

This night had to happen, Cam is the guy, but it was great to see Thome get some action. Slow start which is understandable, but he hung in and ended up having a very good first collegiate start. I'd like to see him get his game this year.

Great win, tomorrow has huge implications as a non-conference sweep on the road will do wonders for UND's pairwise down the road. 

7 hours ago, cberkas said:

I don't think its a NCAA rule, unless they came up with it this year.

B1G has been doing it since they became a conference. 

Announcers on BTN2go said it is a new this year rule from the NCAA. Because "a lot of teams only play each other once a weekend"....?

Coach Montgomery of DU even tweeted about it and said it is dumb..

So how good was Jones? My buddy texted me he was UND's best player all night long. 

Have no clue why Cam didn't play but after last night how does Berry make a change away from Thome? It's a big game but it's non-conference. Rest Cam if he's dinged up at all.

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

So how good was Jones? My buddy texted me he was UND's best player all night long. 

Have no clue why Cam didn't play but after last night how does Berry make a change away from Thome? It's a big game but it's non-conference. Rest Cam if he's dinged up at all.

Jones was great, as your buddy texted. The 4th line was great as well, didn't score but dominated the puck possession and forechecked the heck out of Wisco, especially after getting the lead in the third. Seemed like the other lines began to play prevent while the 4th line did not.