SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday: UND vs Da other Bears

geaux_sioux

Nice job defense, we gave up that long play early but other than that nice job.  UNC got 14 points off TO's.   Nice job offense of finishing drives.....except for those last couple of ones.   And man after that ugly end of the second quarter when the tables really turned, great job of coming back out in the second half and playing with energy and playing hard....and playing to win!

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Old School Guy said:

I'm beginning to wonder about the coaching.  I've been hearing about our secondary sucking for the past few years.

Sophomore, converted CB @ safety, REdshirt Freshman, true freshman. 

Its understandable why they are so inconsistent.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Weird year for UND.   They dominated that game but literally cannot get any bounces to go their way this year.  UND dominated every statistic including turning it over 

rudpolh almost resembled an offensive coach today.....in the first half.   Granted it was UNC, but it still looked alright.   Then the second half happened .... he  showed his true colors.   Predictable and no in game adjustments.    UNDs offense has almost looked alright against two very bad defenses ( Missouri st and UNC).  

Und needed this win to stop the bleeding 

Defense was all over their qb in the first half.....relentless!!   

James needs more touches....the guy can play.  Rudolph disagrees.   

Look,  this team isn't going to play a perfect game this season.  Be damn happy they won.  The only stat that matters is the score...and they got the upper hand on that today.

hopefully they can fumble their way to another win next week!

go hawks

11 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Weird year for UND.   They dominated that game but literally cannot get any bounces to go their way this year.  UND dominated every statistic including turnovers. 

rudpolh almost resembled an offensive coach today.....in the first half.   Granted it was UNC, but it still looked alright.   Then the second half happened .... he  showed his true colors.   Predictable and no in game adjustments.    UNDs offense has almost looked alright against two very bad defenses ( Missouri st and UNC).  

Und needed this win to stop the bleeding 

Defense was all over their qb in the first half.....relentless!!   

James needs more touches....the guy can play.  Rudolph disagrees.   

Completely agree about JJ.  The kid is a beast, and a change of pace.  Great to have him in the 4th quarter today when UNC was tired and he just pounded the heck out of them after Brady did.  

You could almost run some triple option/veer packages with all three of those guys in the game.  Our QB runs and takes shots the way it is.  

36 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

Lol what? You mean the secondary that led the country in INTs last season? 

lol, what you talking about leading in INTs "last year". This time last year, the USA had a president that conducted himself with class; now, we a have clown in the White House. Our defense hasn't looked anything close to last year. So I'm guessing that's why darell1976 said, our secondary sucks. How many INTs do we have this year compared to pass interference?

What a difference a year makes, huh? 

• Downvote 11

2 minutes ago, Old School Guy said:

lol, what you talking about leading in INTs "last year". This time last year, the USA had a president that conducted himself with class; now, we a have clown in the White House. Our defense hasn't looked anything close to last year. So I'm guessing that's why darell1976 said, our secondary sucks. How many INTs do we have this year compared to pass interference?

What a difference a year makes, huh? 

You: I've been hearing about our secondary sucking for the past few years.

1 minute ago, forksandspoons said:

1 minute ago, forksandspoons said:

i read this forum regularly...yes, comments routinely have been made about the secondary play.  I don't have time to cut and paste all quotes but they are out there last year this year and years before. Do your research.

2 minutes ago, Old School Guy said:

i read this forum regularly...yes, comments routinely have been made about the secondary play.  I don't have time to cut and paste all quotes but they are out there last year this year and years before. Do your research.

I have read a lot of that over the years too. Where you lost me is saying that you're starting to question the coaching staff because you've been hearing about how bad the secondary is for years.