SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday: UND vs Da other Bears

geaux_sioux

10 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Forgot to post about Torrey Hunt. Defensively, it appears he made a visit to the wizard last week. He was making tackles all over the field and was very aggressive. He did a really good job all game. Special teams he made some mistakes but his performance at corner was much more important. 

About the KO return. We see the kicker avoid Santiago a lot (or did in that game). 

Why don't they have Santiago and Hunt stand in the middle of the field and just have Santiago go to the side the ball is kicked?

9 minutes ago, shep said:

About the KO return. We see the kicker avoid Santiago a lot (or did in that game). 

Why don't they have Santiago and Hunt stand in the middle of the field and just have Santiago go to the side the ball is kicked?

I was thinking they should switch sides at the first step the kicker takes. 

• Upvote 1

I'd rather see someone else back there and take returning kicks off Hunt's plate.  He needs to play with confidence on D, no need to have him thinking about what he did or didn't do on special teams. And he'd have more sideline time to get coached up on D too.  Who is the back up at that position?

52 minutes ago, hky said:

I'd rather see someone else back there and take returning kicks off Hunt's plate.  He needs to play with confidence on D, no need to have him thinking about what he did or didn't do on special teams. And he'd have more sideline time to get coached up on D too.  Who is the back up at that position?

The reason I would pull Hunt from kick return is because he's our best cover guy, and we don't have a close second without Reyes in the lineup.  Most haven't notice his play cause good corner play can go unnoticed when the ball doesn't go that way much.

9 hours ago, 77iceman said:

Anyone else watch the video of the team singing in the locker room after the UNC game with the little kid with casts on his arms?
I haven't laughed that hard in a long time . . . now let's see if anyone else catches what i saw.

Little dude leaving Stockwell hanging?