SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday: UND vs Da other Bears

geaux_sioux

1 minute ago, forksandspoons said:

I have read a lot of that over the years too. Where you lost me is saying that you're starting to question the coaching staff because you've been hearing about how bad the secondary is for years. 

Do you read the forums and watch the games or are you just locked in my reply to darell1976 today to defend the coaches? I'm not sure what your angle is, but it doesn't matter.

14 minutes ago, Sioux04 said:

Good job men!  The stats show what the score doesn't.  UND dominated this game.  Great job by the d-line (Bennett back in the mix too) and Cam Hunt played well.  Now go kick Griz ass!

-Bennett back 

-Cole should be back next week 

-cam finally playing 

-cox back 

-stockwell back

-wanzek back 

-disterhaupt I'm thinking will back back next week 

-evan holm maybe 

The players and coaches needed this win to get some momentum back.  Getting some of the injured players back combined with a refreshing/positive win is big.   ILB is still just an ouch tho.  The guys needed something positive to grab ahold of....hopefully this is it.  

Make it 2 in a row next week 

15 minutes ago, Old School Guy said:

lol, what you talking about leading in INTs "last year". This time last year, the USA had a president that conducted himself with class; now, we a have clown in the White House. Our defense hasn't looked anything close to last year. So I'm guessing that's why darell1976 said, our secondary sucks. How many INTs do we have this year compared to pass interference?

What a difference a year makes, huh? 

Had to get your cnn moment in a UND football forum ?   

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Longtime fan said:

Weird year for UND.   They dominated that game but literally cannot get any bounces to go their way this year.  UND dominated every statistic including turning it over 

rudpolh almost resembled an offensive coach today.....in the first half.   Granted it was UNC, but it still looked alright.   Then the second half happened .... he  showed his true colors.   Predictable and no in game adjustments.    UNDs offense has almost looked alright against two very bad defenses ( Missouri st and UNC).  

Und needed this win to stop the bleeding 

Defense was all over their qb in the first half.....relentless!!   

James needs more touches....the guy can play.  Rudolph disagrees.   

I thought you may comment on Rudy. But I LOVED the third and final TD calls. 

No need to put Brady on a sweep type play ever. He needs to head downfield.

AGREE on James. He was a man in the 4th quarter. WIth him and the Moose gonna be hard to spot. I think Santiago needs space and should be in the slot but I'm tired of sayin that.

Couldn't ask for more of an exciting game! UND shot themselves in the foot a few times but man they fought hard and wouldn't quit. Defense looked much improved too. I agree about JJ, I think we can afford to give him a handful more touches next weekend. Studs played pissed and showed how much of a competitor he is. We're lucky to have him. Putting up 48 is pretty impressive, especially when we had the ball on the 1 yard line 2 separate times only coming away with 3 points. Found a way to win, congrats team.  

Just now, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Couldn't ask for more of an exciting game! UND shot themselves in the foot a few times but man they fought hard and wouldn't quit. Defense looked much improved too. I agree about JJ, I think we can afford to give him a handful more touches next weekend. Studs played pissed and showed how much of a competitor he is. We're lucky to have him. Putting up 48 is pretty impressive, especially when we had the ball on the 1 yard line 2 separate times only coming away with 3 points. Found a way to win, congrats team.  

This is the kind of win that can spark a team and give them confidence. We'll see if this is the start of a winning streak or just a blip on the radar.

One thing I found very concerning is when Brady had that huge head to head collision at the goal line and was clearly knocked unconscious momentarily and they left him in the game. This is unacceptable. It was clear as day that he should have been subbed out and evaluated. Not only did they leave him in but they gave him the ball. 

3 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

One thing I found very concerning is when Brady had that huge head to head collision at the goal line and was clearly knocked unconscious momentarily and they left him in the game. This is unacceptable. It was clear as day that he should have been subbed out and evaluated. Not only did they leave him in but they gave him the ball. 

Leaned to the guys next to me and said the same thing. Surprised he wasn't taken out. JJ can handle those spots now.

1 hour ago, Parkers Pros said:

Very entertaining game. Look this year may not be what we wanted but for a ton of the game, there were anywhere from 7 to 10 players on defense that were sophomores or younger. And they were balling out. This game actually reinvigorated me. Not for this year, but for the future.

Hopefully one of our future quarterbacks is a gamer like Studs. We are extremely fortunate he is our QB. 

1 hour ago, Parkers Pros said:

Very entertaining game. Look this year may not be what we wanted but for a ton of the game, there were anywhere from 7 to 10 players on defense that were sophomores or younger. And they were balling out. This game actually reinvigorated me. Not for this year, but for the future.

I have to say I was thinkIng the same thing.  Next year the defense may be very tough and very deep.  Find a qb and get a solid two deep on the line.  Could be quite a ride.

14 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

What the f do you mean?  A 4 point game isn't good enough to stick around?  I have photos dumb A.   It was pathetic.

It will come.  It will take some time.  A few very big games and a couple very big seasons.  Need the last two home games to be good games.

As I have said before I think Kennedy has big ideas for the university and its athletic programs.  A huge part of that success will have to change me from an engaged student body.  It will happen.

• Upvote 1

Couple thoughts on the day...

dline played much better and was good throughout the game. 

Cam really helps at inside...he is a big dude and filled nicely today. 

We are going to need to get pressure next week to help out our dbacks...hunt missed timed two balls today that should have been ints. I liked bringing the safety’s today...hopefully Cole  is ready next week and Tamas is ok. We need depth there. 

Lawerence had a very solid game. 

Still can’t figure out out run game. Watched a little of the Youngstown game. They run zone well and I would really like to see us run some straight zone plays. Both inside and outside. Stretch could be great with our backs. 

Keaton was great today. 

Wrs still need to do a better job of catching the ball in traffic. 

Coyd played the best game of his career. Caught the ball well and seemed to block better today. 

Online had some missed assignments but in general were getting on people. We can’t leave points on the field when we are inside the the 5. 

All three backs played pretty well. I would like to see JJ return kicks with John. 

Nice win! Let’s get the griz. 

• Upvote 1