SiouxSports.com Forum

LET'S HELP BUBBA

UND Fan

I think it would really help if there was a thermometer type deal on the front page of SS.com, showing the progress.  I'm assuming there are probably a lot of people who visit the message boards that don't click on this thread.  It would help with awareness, and those thermometer deals are popular at fundraisers for a reason.  They work and encourage people to give.   http://www.coolfundraisingideas.net/thermometer/  This is just one example, but if you google "online fundraising thermometer", there are tons of free websites that do this.

thermometer.php?currency=dollar&goal=5000&current=1025&color=green&size=large

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

• UNDBIZ pinned this topic

After taking a look at last year's results, I had forgotten that we quite easily surpassed our $5K goal with $6,700 raised.  We will proceed with this with a goal of first hitting $3K for the ankle braces.  Hopefully, we can raise that quickly and then move on to another $5K for the video upgrade.

I will provide the link as soon as it is available along with the rather simple instructions.  As a reminder, all contributions are tax deductible.  

Thanks for your interest in helping our FB program.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, nodak651 said:

I think it would really help if there was a thermometer type deal on the front page of SS.com, showing the progress.  I'm assuming there are probably a lot of people who visit the message boards that don't click on this thread.  It would help with awareness, and those thermometer deals are popular at fundraisers for a reason.  They work and encourage people to give.   http://www.coolfundraisingideas.net/thermometer/  This is just one example, but if you google "online fundraising thermometer", there are tons of free websites that do this.

thermometer.php?currency=dollar&goal=5000&current=1025&color=green&size=large

As noted above, we are moving forward with this fundraising effort.  I think your idea is great.  Personally, I don't know if I have the time (mostly not having the expertise) to set this up.  If someone if interesting in assisting with this, that would be great.  Let me know - thx!

35 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

You could save your beer money and donate that. I am sure a pledge for a sizable amount could be arranged..... just an option. Better yet, get the GOBC to pledge their beer money..... you guys could drink warm tea during the games.

Mama Sue bringing the heat! 

13 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Here’s an opinion (one that I absolutely agree with) on the primary funding project that Bubba needs help with:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/opinion/editorials/4490940-our-view-hpc2-looms-definite-need-und

Definitely.  Unfortunately the $7,000 we raise here wouldn't even make a blemish on that $35 million price tag.  Need to sell Ray Richards and a few other properties.  UND may have hurt itself by not embracing Sanford a few years ago.  

Also, I'm quite surprised the Herald suddenly agrees with selling Ray Richards and razing other properties.... they've been making backhanded remarks and printing negative opinion pieces about it for 2 years!  I still think it was a mistake to close the course before a buyer had been lined up for it though.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

Definitely.  Unfortunately the $7,000 we raise here wouldn't even make a blemish on that $35 million price tag.  Need to sell Ray Richards and a few other properties.  UND may have hurt itself by not embracing Sanford a few years ago.  

UND wants to partner with Sanford but it would be a bad look to back away from Altru. Hopefully Sanford buys Altru and it frees up UND. Our relationship with an inferior medical institution has already put us behind the 8ball.

12 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

UND wants to partner with Sanford but it would be a bad look to back away from Altru. Hopefully Sanford buys Altru and it frees up UND. Our relationship with an inferior medical institution has already put us behind the 8ball.

There’s this: https://www.justice.gov/atr/health-care

Altru is likely here to stay for some time. 

7 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

UND may have hurt itself by not embracing Sanford a few years ago.  

Or not ... there's a whisper campaign in Sioux Falls right now that their CEO Kelby Krabbenhoft has a hot mess on his hands

If someone were to buy Altru, I'd rather it be someone looking to also partner with UND Med. If I could pick: Mayo. <-- Hey, a guy can dream. This "member of the care network" thing is nice and all, but that Mayo name on the buildings would have it's own (how do the French say) je ne sais quoi. 

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Or not ... there's a whisper campaign in Sioux Falls right now that their CEO Kelby Krabbenhoft has a hot mess on his hands

If someone were to buy Altru, I'd rather it be someone looking to also partner with UND Med. If I could pick: Mayo. <-- Hey, a guy can dream. 

Does Sanford's donated money still spend when their CEO is in a bind? ;)

I've heard rumors Sanford was interested in purchasing naming rights for the new Med School, but UND has been resistant.