SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Dance Media Coverage

homer

46 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

I think a high level meeting at UND is a little more important than defending UND on KFAN.

Uh ... with whom. 

A high level internal meeting? Send a subordinate to do the interview and explain why no Jones. 
A high level meeting with the NCAA about logistics? Send a subordinate to do the interview and explain why no Jones. 

Frankly, you send a subordinate to the interview with Jones in case Jones tips over in front of the microphone. 

50 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Seriously?  Chill out man. So he missed an opportunity to talk about UND on a Minneapolis radio station. Big freakin deal. I doubt missing a 10 min interview on a "sports radio show" (cough) is going to drastically hurt your recruiting opportunity in the Twin Cities. 

Whether or not its just a "sports radio show" in Minneapolis or not, any way they can to advertise UND's men's basketball is always a plus. Everyone in that area knows about UND hockey, that speaks for itself, UND football is getting there with attendance increase and increase marketing. You have UND basketball in the big dance, your recruiting base is centered in the cities. You are going against numerous other colleges for good kids. Why not promote what you have. Either hold off on the meeting or like others said, send someone else to do the interview. You don't completely blow off free marketing. 

48 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Seriously?  Chill out man. So he missed an opportunity to talk about UND on a Minneapolis radio station. Big freakin deal. I doubt missing a 10 min interview on a "sports radio show" (cough) is going to drastically hurt your recruiting opportunity in the Twin Cities. 

It's unprofessional and rude. You're right, this won't have some drastic effect on recruiting, but it doesn't shine a good light on Coach Jones at all. It's the little things that matter sometimes, what's frustrating, is all it would take is a 10 second phone call to explain the situation. No problem. If it wasn't Jones, how he doesn't have the SID or someone with him handling this is completely inexcusable.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Typical Jones..... And @hoops44 wonders why people !@#$ on Jones all the time. Just have someone take the interview. People who are underselling the importance of this are just plain stupid. It's a terrible look for us at a time when it should be all roses.

man you are one xxxx xxx....meeting was not an optional one....I ALREADY POSTED they should have another coach ...try thinking for yourself

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, hoops44 said:

man you are one xxxx xxx....meeting was not an optional one

I think everyone from KFAN to UND would love to know what this meeting was about.  There has to be some lower level staff/admin assistant who could google KFAN and call them.

1 minute ago, hoops44 said:

man you are one xxxx xxx....meeting was not an optional one

and you know this how?  Unless you are part of the AD or are Jones himself?  Doesn't matter if meeting wasn't optional, if that is the case, call and set up another time.  It takes a XXXX XXX to stand up KFAN at this time to help build this program. 

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

This is irresponsible, unprofessional and unacceptable.  Pretty simple.

No need to chill out.

You and I obviously disagree in the PR department philosophy in Divison 1 Athletics.

Except as usual some are assuming the worst we do not know the behind the scenes issues.

• Upvote 1

Just now, ringneck28 said:

and you know this how?  Unless you are part of the AD or are Jones himself?  Doesn't matter if meeting wasn't optional, if that is the case, call and set up another time.  It takes a XXXX XXX to stand up KFAN at this time to help build this program. 

Because I am not stupid....I already posted that it was handled poorly...by all UND parties involved

• Downvote 3

20 minutes ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

Lmao all the doom and gloom bs in here.   I could see it if they stiffed ESPN or Fox Sports or something.  We are going way overboard for KFAN rofl.  

It's a microcosm of the UND athletic department's media relations the past 10 years.  If it isn't hockey, it's not a priority.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1