SiouxSports.com Forum

#1 UND (21-9) vs #3 Weber (19-12) Big Sky Championship 3/11 7:30

SWSiouxMN

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

This game really highlighted why basketball needs to be more of an emphasis at UND. There are very few sporting events that can match the intensity and suspense of an important tightly contested back and forth basketball game.

With the ESPN exposure, and the classic finish of the game, makes it more important that we sink some serious $$$ into it. 

• Upvote 3

That was unbelievable.  Gotta give credit to Jones and his staff for somehow keeping them in it late when they could have folded.  Unreal.

We know who our coach is for the next 3-4 years, at least.  Let's embrace it now and move on.

• Upvote 2

Well WDAY started their sportscast with Moorhead losing the State Championship game. I get they are local, but if the Bison made the Dance again they would have spent 15 minutes at the beginning of the whole newscast.  Doesn't feel like the good for the state sentiment, which is fine, but at least recognize the importance of a first time event versus Moorhead losing in the title game for the 8th time. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, tnt said:

Well WDAY started their sportscast with Moorhead losing the State Championship game. I get they are local, but if the Bison made the Dance again they would have spent 15 minutes at the beginning of the whole newscast.  Doesn't feel like the good for the state sentiment, which is fine, but at least recognize the importance of a first time event versus Moorhead losing in the title game for the 8th time. 

The Fargo media can suck our exhaust fumes for all I care. The bottom line is, we are getting national exposure and (for once) NDSU is not.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, tnt said:

Well WDAY started their sportscast with Moorhead losing the State Championship game.

The Fargo media catering to Fargo. The internet has leveled the playing field for getting the message out via the "media" in 2017 and helps out UND and GF being in a smaller market as less and less people pay attention to the local tv news.

5 minutes ago, Cratter said:

The Fargo media catering to Fargo. The internet has leveled the playing field for getting the message out via the "media" in 2017 and helps out UND and GF being in a smaller market as less and less people pay attention to the local tv news.

So if UND beats their first round opponent, will that be ignored in favor of NDSU softball? :silly:

Huge congratulations to Coach Jones and the Fighting Hawks on a great win and a great season!  Was afraid to take my blood pressure the last few minutes of the game.  Q is a winner, as is the entire team.  They never give up.  They've learned how to win the close wins; makes all the difference in the world.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, beebsb010 said:

I still want to dance.  This is our very best chance to do so.  Friggin NDSU has what...3 times already?  I'm tired of being happy to be there.   LETS WIN THE DAMN THING for once!

And we did win the DAMN THING baby for once!   Yah!

2 hours ago, beebsb010 said:

4 minutes left in the title game and Conner fn Avants has our most FG attempts.  THERE IS NO WAY we can win that way.  NONE. 

Yah, in retrospect we won, but great point you made.   A week or two ago we lost at home we lost at home on Thur night and I said while Bernstine had a real nice game, he was our leading scorer and that was the problem when you have Q, Geno, Baldwin, and Cortez on your team.  Bernstine leads in scoring means he had a good game but it also likely means we ain't winning, same thing with Avants, unless we end up with 6 - 7 guys in double figures scoring. 

10 minutes ago, Cratter said:

I'm not going to be a happy camper if UND didn't even send someone to Reno with a camera to record post game celebrations (cutting down the net) and post it to their youtube channel.

Looks like the Herald had someone taking video. Would be awesome to see the entire post game on court festivities!