SiouxSports.com Forum

#1 UND (21-9) vs #3 Weber (19-12) Big Sky Championship 3/11 7:30

SWSiouxMN

Couple of firsts.........1) UND going to the Dance. Second..........A UND BB game being played on the big screens at the Ralph during a hockey game. Didn't think I'd ever see either. Regardless of of seed or matchup great accomplishment by the MBB team.

• Upvote 4

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but I was thinking about this last night while at the hockey game.. I wonder what UND would have done if the top seed still hosted the tournament. Would the championship game have been scheduled in the afternoon so fans could attend basketball & hockey? Or would there have been some conflict with ESPN's broadcasting schedule, forcing them to play it at night? 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore Hawk said:

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but I was thinking about this last night while at the hockey game.. I wonder what UND would have done if the top seed still hosted the tournament. Would the championship game have been scheduled in the afternoon so fans could attend basketball & hockey? Or would there have been some conflict with ESPN's broadcasting schedule, forcing them to play it at night? 

ESPN times are set nearly a year in advance and maybe more, so the hockey and bb games would have been played at the same time even if UND had hosted.

Very cool about UND men's basketball! I'm not much of a basketball watcher but I watched last night's game and was so impressed with UND's poise down the stretch being down 11 and again down 6 with 50 seconds remaining. Simply awesome. What would be way cool is if student-athletes from UND's other teams would be at the Betty later today to celebrate the men's basketball team's victory.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Very cool about UND men's basketball! I'm not much of a basketball watcher but I watched last night's game and was so impressed with UND's poise down the stretch being down 11 and again down 6 with 50 seconds remaining. Simply awesome. What would be way cool is if student-athletes from UND's other teams would be at the Betty later today to celebrate the men's basketball team's victory.

Bubba's team has been a big supporter of the basketball team look for them. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

My, we are looking for things to nit pick over, aren't we? Enjoy the wins. Not everything is a scandal and there's a lot going on behind the scenes we don't know about. 

I remember this coming up before with why Faison couldn't be at the first VB NCAA tourney game in MSP and then onto NYC for the hockey showcase and then back to GFK for the football playoff game like our president was. Found out later he was very sick that weekend and  opted to stay back in Forks. Not saying that's the case this time, just that we don't know. Who knows, maybe he's busy trying to trim over $1 million from his athletic budget.

Right.

Just now, SiouxVolley said:

It's so hilarious that the bizon are exclaiming that this UND team could never ever win a power league like the Slummit.  But why does UND now have an RPI higher than SDSU?  Pure comedy gold, those knuckleheads.

Summit = Big 12

MVFC = SEC

Big Sky = D3

Bison mentality.