SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Miami - SATURDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

4 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Really good stuff and I'll add a few thoughts:

-Olson looked good at center on 4th line in limited minutes.

-How Wilkie gets poweplay minutes is a question I'd like answered

-The 3rd line can match up defensively with any opposing line moving forward. Hoff and Bowen were great last night.

-Gersich really was tough to play against last night. Went into the dirty areas to make plays over and over.

-UND has to find a way to get solid shifts after they score. Goal 1 and give up a goal right away. Goal 2 seconds later Miami hits the crossbar.

-Boeser is a 100 foot player right now. That has to change.

-Gardner is the new LJ.

Here's a couple I think are worth noting, trying not to repeat what's been touched on:

-I believe it was back in October for the Bemidji series, Poganski was mated up with the two Scandinavians.  I thought that line was lights out both games that weekend.  Don't know what Berry saw that he didn't like, but I'm not the coach, nor have I seen that line since.

-I really noticed it at MSG for the first time, but I've been impressed with Smith when he has played.  I think the guy has the potential to fill Poganski's roll when he's done.  I like that kid.  Flashes of relentlessness, and flashes of good puck possession in a scrum

-Speaking of Poganski, he was tossed on Friday night for Interference With Significant Contact.  I'll give Shep 3 the interference.  But the other part?  That is some Don Adam-made-up-BS if I've ever heard it.  If he delivers that hit a second sooner, that's as good of a shoulder to shoulder hit as you'll see.  The cherry on top?  Last night, 3rd period, Gardner eats that exact same hit in front of Miami's net with Shep standing 10 feet away.  Nothing.  But enough with the guys in stripes.  It is what it is...

-On a lighter note, we should be able to decline penalties.  The PP is beyond painful to watch.

1 hour ago, yzerman19 said:

This is not a dominant team- unlikely to win any conference hardware...however, this team is very capable of beating anybody on a given night.  

This is a year where the theme needs to be "get in" then win 4 games.  

Could easily parallel UMD's national title team with this one or DU's second title team in their b2b.  

I agree.  This team is very good they just get lazy sometimes, they're young.  Knowing that, this team is going to lose games.  How they lost, Friday night, was tough to chew on but but teams do get caught up two goals.  That does happen.  It hadn't happened to the Sioux boys in along time (which was a crazy stat...82 games!) but getting caught up two goals does happen. This team needs to just focus and not give up when they get caught (which happened Friday night). At the very least let's get a split next weekend.  Hopefully they pull through Friday night.

1 hour ago, yzerman19 said:

This is not a dominant team- unlikely to win any conference hardware...however, this team is very capable of beating anybody on a given night.  

This is a year where the theme needs to be "get in" then win 4 games.  

Could easily parallel UMD's national title team with this one or DU's second title team in their b2b.  

I agree.  This team is very good they just get lazy sometimes, they're young.  Knowing that, this team is going to lose games.  How they lost, Friday night, was tough to chew on but but teams do get caught up two goals.  That does happen.  It hadn't happened to the Sioux boys in along time (which was a crazy stat...82 games!) but getting caught up two goals does happen. This team needs to just focus and not give up when they get caught (which happened Friday night). At the very least let's get a split next weekend.  Hopefully they pull through Friday night.

49 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

On a side note, get wolanin back in the lineup and keep smith out there on the 4th as an energy guy.  I'm from GF so I like simo but at this point it appears he's the odd man out.  

Peski was good last night but Wolanin brings more to the table.......if he plays defense. :huh:

8 hours ago, burd said:

Friend of mine was a badger chucker.  He came from a farm and would throw them in the freezer spread eagle when he found one.  They were easier to duck tape under his coat that way.   He got busted once but didn't get banned for some reason.   They knew him, though, and his courier days were over.  It was a lot easier to pull off at the old Ralph with the students filling the lower seats by the glass on one side.  Like a duck blind for chuckers.  

Remember those days, when a dead gopher hit the ice your would see it.

When a dead badger hit the ice your would hear it land and see it.

3 hours ago, bcblues said:

I remember wiping my feet on a badger pelt coming into Frenchy's for a pregame warmup before Wisconsin games....

Frenchy's.   Now there's some memories.  2:00- 4:00 a.m. breakfast at the Hwy Host across the street.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Don't bring math into this and rain on some who bask in the glow of rainbows and ride gleefully on unicorns. Who do you think you are? Jim Dahl???

Ox what do you want to wager that they make it to Fargo? What ever you want to bet....I'm in! Mafia and Cratter know who I am....

13 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

Ox what do you want to wager that they make it to Fargo? What ever you want to bet....I'm in! Mafia and Cratter know who I am....

I have 6 tickets for the regional.......they'll make it to Fargo. Which seed will be determined by the Pairwise. Having to play (hypothetically) Minny then Denver is a little trickier route than getting St. Lawrence or Ohio St. in the first round as #1 seed. 

19 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I have 6 tickets for the regional.......they'll make it to Fargo. Which seed will be determined by the Pairwise. Having to play (hypothetically) Minny then Denver is a little trickier route than getting St. Lawrence or Ohio St. in the first round as #1 seed. 

If they want to win the championship, don't they have to beat the best? Who cares who they play, if that team you are afraid of is that good, they will be playing them at sometime won't they?

If you want to be a Debby downer through this go ahead. But your not so subtle digs on me are getting old. 

How about I let you be pesimistic and you let me be optimistic?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, bigskyvikes said:

Mafia and Cratter know who I am....

17 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I've got dibs on 2 of those, right?

Ahhhhhh no.........I don't even know you!

I must be running with the wrong SS crowd.

On 1/14/2017 at 8:49 AM, MafiaMan said:

Cratter and his girlfriend were on "Kiss-Cam" - and the results were, well, pretty amusing!  

gifs_17.gif

22 minutes ago, Cratter said:

I got dibs on another 2.

Yes........yes you do!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Ahhhhhh no.........I don't even know you!

I must be running with the wrong SS crowd.

Haha, I only wrote that so you knew I wouldn't sneak out of paying you if you wanted to bet money and I loss. They could have given you my name and address. But I see that ain't happening...

Got to admit...Not one bit surprised by that either...:lol:

23 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

Haha, I only wrote that so you knew I wouldn't sneak out of paying you if you wanted to bet money and I loss. They could have given you my name and address. But I see that ain't happening...

Got to admit...Not one bit surprised by that either...:lol:

Bet real money?  You think I'm in gfhockey's tax bracket?  ;)