SiouxSports.com Forum

ND High School Hockey 16-17

OgieOgilthorpe

Three of the four games have the chance to be pretty good.  Depends on which Century shows up.  The one that lost to Jamestown or the one that took down Davies.  

Central wins easily, Dickinson will fight tooth and nail, but doesn't have the guns to play with Central (who does besides RR and BHS)

Ill take Davies playing a home game over Minot.  Should be a good hockey game.

Ill take Bismarck over DL in a neutral setting.  

Red River over Century.  Could be a good game, could be 8-1.

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Three of the four games have the chance to be pretty good.  Depends on which Century shows up.  The one that lost to Jamestown or the one that took down Davies.  

Central wins easily, Dickinson will fight tooth and nail, but doesn't have the guns to play with Central (who does besides RR and BHS)

Ill take Davies playing a home game over Minot.  Should be a good hockey game.

Ill take Bismarck over DL in a neutral setting.  

Red River over Century.  Could be a good game, could be 8-1.

Well said. I'll be there for the opening round. Will miss the rest as I will be in the cities for my daughters Cobber playoff game with Augsburg. Have yet to see Central. Wish it was a better matchup though. Think Bismarck is just a little to deep for DL plus they have state tourney experience. RR will have no problem with Century. Minot and Davies is a coin flip. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Could we have a GFC vs RR State final for the millionth time? They always have an interesting finish, including the one that never ended. 

Red River was co champs in 1977, champs in 1987, champs in 1997, champs in 2007. I see a pattern here. Is there any doubt who wins it this year?!!

On 2/18/2017 at 1:16 AM, darell1976 said:

Probably the best GFC ever, and we had a damn good one in the 93-94 school year. (Damn FS had to ruin the title game)

That was my senior year at RR- Central was sick- they were sick fromPeeWee on up.  Matt Giedt beat us and then beat Central on Saturday night.  Best team did not win that year.

4 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

I think it was 1990, but can't remember exactly, the epic RR vs Central that went many OTs...Chad Skarperud was sick...guy could've played D1 hockey, but chose golf.

1977. After so many hours they gave the title to both teams.

2 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Naw, I would've been 1 then- this is the one with Chad Skarperud and Cory St Germain in the pipes for Central that I'm thinking of

Cory St Germain was a really good goalie. He was class of 1990 (just looked it up) so late 80's.

17 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Back to that 93-94 Central team- Ruczi went to the USHL too- would've made Central unbeatable had he stayed

That was my senior year at GFC, and it produced good athletes for UND Jay Panzer on the ice, and Phillip Moore on the gridiron. Chuck Ness was a great coach.

5 hours ago, Blackheart said:

You got a picture from back then, Grandmaster Flash?

No photos, that way you don't know what I look like. I don't want to end up like Tupac or Biggie Smalls. :D 

But, here is the flash back rap attack thread, and it really is from that long ago ... 

10 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

No photos, that way you don't know what I look like. I don't want to end up like Tupac or Biggie Smalls. :D 

But, here is the flash back rap attack thread, and it really is from that long ago ... 

I've never been so heartbroken leaving a hockey game as I was in 2003.  West Fargo scores two goals from below the goal line against my beloved Magi to win in OT.  Add to it that Minot missed a gaping wide open net in the closing seconds of regulation.

It was all my roommate's girlfriends fault because she said "shutout" late in the game with Minot up 1-0.  The hockey gods showed up and West Fargo scored literally 10 seconds later, and the curse of the first round loss lived on for Minot. 

9 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I've never been so heartbroken leaving a hockey game as I was in 2003.  West Fargo scores two goals from below the goal line against my beloved Magi to win in OT.  Add to it that Minot missed a gaping wide open net in the closing seconds of regulation.

It was all my roommate's girlfriends fault because she said "shutout" late in the game with Minot up 1-0.  The hockey gods showed up and West Fargo scored literally 10 seconds later, and the curse of the first round loss lived on for Minot. 

I think the gods may have made up for this and then some when minot somehow won the state championship when they were probably the 7th best team in the state in 2014-2015. To this day it still baffles me. Haha 

30 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

I think the gods may have made up for this and then some when minot somehow won the state championship when they were probably the 7th best team in the state in 2014-2015. To this day it still baffles me. Haha 

I was owed that for 23 years or something like that of losing in the first round....:lol:

Minot got an incredible draw in 2015, and had a goaltending performance in all three games that was nothing short of heroic from the Effertz kid.  They played a perfect game against Central, and probably lose 9 out of 10 times to that Central team.  

If they manage to get by Davies I don't think history will repeat itself in Fargo.