SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Minnesota - FRIDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

What I meant was the period in the transition from allowing brutally tough corner play (specially on the boards) to today's college hockey.  We went through a transition.  And we found ourselves in the penalty box a lot.  It took some changes, which we were able to make (eventually)

9 minutes ago, BigGreyAnt41 said:

Nope, I'm not kidding.  I just watched the replay.  Gardner bumped into him as he skated by and moved his arm to push him away, but it wasn't an aggressive, violent contact.  Kloos (I think) just threw himself to the ice as though he was just shot in the head.  If what Gardner did was elbowing, then every faceoff would have an elbowing call because there's obvious contact between an elbow and an opposing player.

Regardless going up and in with your elbow and you'll get called especially against the best diving team in the nation.

1 minute ago, Cratter said:

A tie for UND isn't good. We really need to learn to win these home games.

They were in Minneap...oh, wait.  I see what you did there.

Kudos to Gopher fans for half-packing their own building for the biggest home game in years.  In their defense (and a reason I didn't bother to go), $500 for a family of four is a bit steep.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Offensively the guys got better as the game went making plays and being hard on the puck. Early it just seemed like too many guys were just looking to get rid of the puck and slap it anywhere instead of moving it to someone or just skating with it. The reffing was absolutely terrible. The B1G refs bought right into Minnesota's embellishment all night gifting them powerplays and they have a solid powerplay. The 14 minutes that they took Ausmus off the ice for in the 1st for something that maybe should have been a 2 minute penalty for him was pathetic and definitely hurt us big time. Lindgren is a guy who I think is gonna have some guys coming after him tomorrow night and I think he'll get exactly what he should.

Did you order a code red?

Just now, yzerman19 said:

I do think that we got our first good look at what Tyson Jost is capable of tonight...

The Euro line was invisible again tonight...nothing going on there.  I had some high hopes with the olympic ice sheet.

There was no Euro line tonight. Janatuinen was on second line, Hoff was on third.

• Upvote 2

What's the deal with kfyr 550 playing a lame hs football game on the radio instead of the Sioux game. Isn't playing it on 710 good enough. Thanks to them I had to listen to the game on 1500am out of Minneapolis. Man that was tough to listen to. They kept saying UND didn't earn any of their goals and that they were surprised that the Gophers were not blowing us out. They couldn't understand why the gophers were not winning after having twice the shots as if they are the best team in the country.

what happened to the defense from last year. That was the missing link for the pst decade. Please tell me our defense will be that good again?

21 minutes ago, runaroundsioux said:

Last year our D looked like men against boys. This year they look like..well...boys.

Last year was 4 jrs 1 very good so and 1 fr when healthy. This year 1 sr 1 jr 2 so 2 fr when healthy. We might be 2 years away from having another very good d-corps. By that time Tomek would be a senior and I'm hoping that team will be much like last years. In the meantime we fans are going to have to try to be patient and hope the learning curve isn't too steep.