SiouxSports.com Forum

Bartels or Heidelbaugh?

geaux_sioux

Gotta give Heidlebaugh a break, he was thrown out there on a 3rd&1 and a 4th&1 at a crucial time in the game- still managed to get the TD, ugly or not

If we are looking at the future of this team, i say get the kid some snaps 

Heide hasn't had nearly enough game time to adjust and get in a rhythm 

• Upvote 1

Bartels proved multiple times that he can't get the job done. Unless he improved vastly since last year maybe it's best to get Heidelbaugh in there. But if Heidelbaugh isn't ready then don't throw him out there to ruin him for the future. Move Joe back to qb for an emergency situation.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

Mollberg 

Really had high hopes for him when he came to UND. He had plenty of opportunities but never capitalized on them........then never had another chance with the new coaching staff.

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Really had high hopes for him when he came to UND. He had plenty of opportunities but never capitalized on them........then never had another chance with the new coaching staff.

I know I've said it before but if he didn't get that Achilles injury he would be our starter right now and would have been last year. It was a horrible break for him and the program because it pushed Studs out there before he was ready. He should be a RS soph backup being groomed to start for next year right now. Too bad. As a result we're still scrambling for qb depth.

Mollberg has started at qb for bubba already and was coming along real nice before his injury.  He knows the playbook and obviously knows how to be a qb.  Smart guy that has a cannon of a arm.   He can also run.  Now that he is healthy, if studs is to miss anytime,I would like to see him.

Bartles has a nice arm but that's about it.  Maybe the best pure passer und has?  Very injury prone 

Heidelbaugh.... I so want him to be successful!   Confidence seems to be lacking.....not sure he's ready yet.  His face screamed terror when he was in yesterday.  Bad mechanics but athletic.  Good sized kid.   

10 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Mollberg has started at qb for bubba already and was coming along real nice before his injury.  He knows the playbook and obviously knows how to be a qb.  Smart guy that has a cannon of a arm.   He can also run.  Now that he is healthy, if studs is to miss anytime,I would like to see him.

Bartles has a nice arm but that's about it.  Maybe the best pure passer und has?  Very injury prone 

Heidelbaugh.... I so want him to be successful!   Confidence seems to be lacking.....not sure he's ready yet.  His face screamed terror when he was in yesterday.  Bad mechanics but athletic.  Good sized kid.   

If Heidelbaugh has bad mechanics  what would you call Bartels? He has a wind-up reminiscent of "Nuke Laloosh". If Studsrud's injury did anything last year it made everyone quit calling for Bartels too start. Play Heidelbaugh, we already know what Bartels has... Not much.

• Upvote 2

You guys are funny. Mollberg - the guy who hasn't taken a meaningful snap at QB in over 2 years and hasn't practiced with the current offense as a QB for a year - is in the discussion? That's embarrassing. You all know better. It would likely be Bartels if Studsrud can't go based on #6 finishing vs Weber State; however, I'd like to think Heidlebaugh should be the choice since Bartels couldnt get it done last year. Either way, I'm disappointed that Bubba doesn't bring in better QBs. The Edina kid he is bringing in for next year looks a little iffy too (small kid). 

• Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, Tangolou said:

If Heidelbaugh has bad mechanics  what would you call Bartels? He has a wind-up reminiscent of "Nuke Laloosh". If Studsrud's injury did anything last year it made everyone quit calling for Bartels too start. Play Heidelbaugh, we already know what Bartels has... Not much.

Bartles mechanics are terrible too, but seems to hit the deep throws. Bartles might be out this week as well depending on how bad his injury is.    So our 2 listed backups have bad mechanics, one has no experience the one has bad experiences.   Not much to choose from.  

1 minute ago, Longtime fan said:

Bartles mechanics are terrible too, but seems to hit the deep throws. Bartles might be out this week as well depending on how bad his injury is.    So our 2 listed backups have bad mechanics, one has no experience the one has bad experiences.   Not much to choose from.  

Didn't Bartles finish the game? 

Got to go with Brad H. Everyone has to temper their expectations though for either guy. Brad H needs the time. But you don't have to change the offense much with him. Scale it back some perhaps. Brad is more like Keaton. He's a big strong kid who can make a difference with his legs. Ryan B just, well, isn't that kind of QB.

Remember when Keaton first started he averaged like 70 yds passing per game. And let's be realistic, Keaton hasn't exactly been lighting it up the past few weeks himself. 

Would be nice to see what we have. With Brad under center perhaps it causes everyone else to raise their respective games to another level to support the young guy....