SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ UMD

AZSIOUX

16 hours ago, bigskyvikes said:

Not sure if this was a dig to me or not, but I was just asking if people have experience with this decision in the past and what their thoughts were on it. Some have helped.  I have always bought the season pass, but with the limited amount of games I used it on because I have midco and season tickets, it felt like I was paying for more than I needed...

I should have asked people privately...I guess.

Not meant as a dig. Was praising Cratter for the excellent analysis that I was meaning to do myself. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Upper Deck said:

How do we know, or where do we find, what out-of-town UND games are on cable vs needing NCHCTV?

Und sports mens hockey schedule website. It lists them all on the right.

I noticed on mobile they don't show up until I rotate my phone horizontal.

Of course Midco might pick up a game or two later that hasn't been announced. The only game not available to watch is the New Years Eve game in New York.

39 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

$59 after fees and taxes per ticket, pretty steep.

Might be part of the reason the upper bowl looks about 1/2 empty for Friday at the moment...

Good point that UND playing the Gophers next weekend could hurt attendance. Although I'm sure people who don't want to pay the money that UMTC is charging might be willing to pay UMD's prices. 

Pretty cool that this is a rare 1 v 2 matchup...even if I'm pessimistic about UMD's chances and we are probably overrated. 

37 minutes ago, NorthDakotaHockey said:

Or quite a bit less if you check the Ticket thread on Siouxsports.com

I got tickets on the glass so I'm fine paying a little extra, but what ticket thread are you talking about? I see $50 per ticket in one post but besides that there's not any others...

1 hour ago, Biddco said:

Good point that UND playing the Gophers next weekend could hurt attendance. Although I'm sure people who don't want to pay the money that UMTC is charging might be willing to pay UMD's prices. 

Pretty cool that this is a rare 1 v 2 matchup...even if I'm pessimistic about UMD's chances and we are probably overrated. 

I feel like UND is a bit, too. Lots of young mistakes. The next 4 weeks are going to really tell UND fans who they are seeing on the ice.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Are there different price levels at Amsoil? Or where'd you buy yours?

I got mine direct from the Amsoil ticket site, online, within 10 minutes of tickets going on sale.  These are upper deck, center ice.  We prefer to be able to see the whole sheet.

12 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I got tickets on the glass so I'm fine paying a little extra, but what ticket thread are you talking about? I see $50 per ticket in one post but besides that there's not any others...

I am selling a pair for Saturday night, October 29.   $90 for the pair.   The Siouxsports "tickets" section.  I'd link it here but I am a dumb ass.

23 hours ago, Biddco said:

Why would you be pessimistic? UND is coming into a buzzsaw this weekend. I think the series will be a split. Both teams are very good, I might even give the Dogs the edge right now. 

1 minute ago, Goon said:

Why would you be pessimistic? UND is coming into a buzzsaw this weekend. I think the series will be a split. Both teams are very good, I might even give the Dogs the edge right now. 

Its so early in the season I really have no idea what to expect. UND is 5-0 but has certainly shown their vulnerable moments. I really haven't watched more than a few minutes of Duluth. UND has played pretty darn well in Duluth, especially since Amsoil opened. I just hope they can turn the lights on without any issues. :)

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Goon said:

The Dogs that just lost to the worst U18 team of the last 5-6 years? Come on man. :)

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

The Dogs that just lost to the worst U18 team of the last 5-6 years? Come on man. :)

Yeah, but you know and I know that the Dogs always play UND tough. Records this week and next mean nothing. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NorthDakotaHockey said:

Anyone driving from GF to Duluth on Saturday afternoon for the Saturday game only?   If so,  I may be in need of a mule to deliver a package.  Seriously.   Let me know. 

Sheesh, NDH, you might want to speak in some sort of code!  

• Upvote 1

A split would be a good outcome for UND this weekend.  Soucy is an annoying after the whistle hack. He will draw some retaliatory penalties. UND's defense is a work in progress. Cam needs to be as good if not better than he was last year at UMD.

36 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

A split would be a good outcome for UND this weekend.  Soucy is an annoying after the whistle hack. He will draw some retaliatory penalties. UND's defense is a work in progress. Cam needs to be as good if not better than he was last year at UMD.

Can't get much better than 2 shut outs by cam last year :)