SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday: UND vs SUU 1PM

geaux_sioux

7 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

john can take it 80 plus yards on any given run...maybe brady "only" gets 7...that could be difference bt winning the game or losing by 3...plus john is 20 years old...he can handle 20 rushes a game easily!

Easy for you to say. You don't get hit. Also, who has the longest TD run this year?

• Upvote 1

Adding the Norberg play into a revamped playbook and using Keaton the right way has made this offense pretty bad ass!  Und has three 6'4"ish wrs  plus Demun that are gaining confidence and a o line that now has the game time experience......wow!!!  Need to use all three rbs.....we rush around 50 times a game......way to much for one guy.   I like using three talented backs instead.    Beginning to really like this offense 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

#70 is a total douche that should sit a game,  but the volkswagon (#51) they had was a respectable guy.....he went over to our students and slapped hands with them after the game.   He was the class and 70 was the ass  

Saw that. Cool to watch. One second I think I'm about to watch a riot break out between the teams and the next I see cheering for a SUU player as he is shaking the UND students hands.

6 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Praying this team don't lose any mojo with that much time off late in the season and revert.

I know, two consecutive bye weeks before the first playoff game at the Alerus on Dec 3 isn't necessarily ideal.

Would rather just have the first round playoff bye instead of two in a row.  :)

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, 77iceman said:

Bubba said take a knee, the game is over.  SUU wanted to save face and maybe add more points.

What did we learn here?  Keep your foot on their throat until the clock reads 0:00!!!!

no mercy.  Tag on a other 7 points and make 'em cry.

Next time we play them I bet we run up the score.

3 hours ago, bincitysioux said:

I know, two consecutive bye weeks before the first playoff game at the Alerus on Dec 3 isn't necessarily ideal.

It can go either way - two weeks to heal and focus on classes, two weeks to prepare for the next opponent (although we won't know who until one week before). 

Norberg up the middle on 2nd or 3rd down and less than two yards became a bit predictable and they stuffed it one time....I even knew it was coming.  However it was a nice mix up to give Norberg the ball in other situations.  They are so focused on Santiago or Brady in the backfield, handing off to Norberg like that in unexpected situations is awesome Hopefully that will continue to work and just give the defense even another thing to think about.

5 hours ago, bincitysioux said:

2 hours ago, CMSioux said:

It can go either way - two weeks to heal and focus on classes, two weeks to prepare for the next opponent (although we won't know who until one week before). 

There is discussion on this very topic beginning on page 6 of the "All Important Polls" thread.

7 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

as good as brady has looked I still think that Santiago is a such a game changer he needs about 80% of the touches and use brady to spell him as needed...

Maybe if he went back to following his blocking.  He is a great talent but he hasn't been nearly as good this year and it isn't all the Oline. 

7 hours ago, Feff said:

I like what they've been doing splitting Santiago out as a receiver and putting Oliviera in the backfield on the same play. Teams have to account for both on the same play. 

I agree, and part of the success the offense is having is because the last several games is that the ball is being spread around.  The defense has to stop a lot of different players and not just focus on a couple guys. 

38 minutes ago, BigGame said:

Maybe if he went back to following his blocking.  He is a great talent but he hasn't been nearly as good this year and it isn't all the Oline. 

Part of that is him pressing to hit the big one with each carry paired with the fact that the OL gave him nothing to work with for the first few games of the season. Adding to that, every team game planned to take him and only him away since he was all our offense had for a while. Things have changed and I expect him to settle in shortly. 

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

Part of that is him pressing to hit the big one with each carry paired with the fact that the OL gave him nothing to work with for the first few games of the season. Adding to that, every team game planned to take him and only him away since he was all our offense had for a while. Things have changed and I expect him to settle in shortly. 

I understand pretty well what is happening but he needs to dial it back some as the season goes on.  He looks to bounce almost every play right now and it is something that can only be done occasionally.   You can't change what defenses do to stop you so just fix what can be fixed.  Sometimes when I watch I wonder if he is being told to break a lot of the plays wide just to stretch the defense and help open up the inside running game. 

7 minutes ago, BigGame said:

I understand pretty well what is happening but he needs to dial it back some as the season goes on.  He looks to bounce almost every play right now and it is something that can only be done occasionally.   You can't change what defenses do to stop you so just fix what can be fixed.  Sometimes when I watch I wonder if he is being told to break a lot of the plays wide just to stretch the defense and help open up the inside running game. 

That's what I'm saying. I would bet we see him less frantic to bounce things every time because the OL is actually giving him something and he's settling in now. He was just pressing too much to start the year.