SiouxSports.com Forum

SUU @ UND Homecoming 2016

F'n Hawks

3 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Any idea why the coaches didn't rest players earlier than they did? I didn't think Studs had any business playing that far into the game.

Because of our perceived weaker than normal schedule, we need to not only beat certain teams but score additional style points to move up in the polls 

6 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Any idea why the coaches didn't rest players earlier than they did? I didn't think Studs had any business playing that far into the game.

Probably were a little nervous with Sac St having a huge comeback win the prior week.  May have also viewed it as an opportunity to try some things with the starters that they don't normally get to do.

Just now, ND1 said:

Because of our perceived weaker than normal schedule, we need to not only beat certain teams but score additional style points to move up in the polls 

I guess, but when you're up 34-0, 34-7 or even 37-7, you can probably make a few switches and be just as effective. You're probably not going to be pass heavy anyway, so Heidelbaugh could have got in, and got more reps. Plus, there is no need to risk Keaton getting injured at that point.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Their defense is capable of forcing a lot of turnovers. They were all over the ball against Davis and dropped a couple picks.

I don't underestimate their defense, but what happened to them at Montana then?

If we play our game and prepared properly this week we should look even better than the last couple weeks. I have been confident the entire year, even when we were 0-2. I also commented a few weeks ago that I thought Rudolph was holding back some of the playbook. Nobody said anything at the time but it sure does appear this is the case.

2 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

If we play our game and prepared properly this week we should look even better than the last couple weeks. I have been confident the entire year, even when we were 0-2. I also commented a few weeks ago that I thought Rudolph was holding back some of the playbook. Nobody said anything at the time but it sure does appear this is the case.

Not sure what happened at montana. Maybe I'll watch some of that game today. Just from the eye test of viewing one of their games they are capable of beating us. That doesn't mean they will but they definatly can.

Just now, geaux_sioux said:

Not sure what happened at montana. Maybe I'll watch some of that game today. Just from the eye test of viewing one of their games they are capable of beating us. That doesn't mean they will but they definatly can.

I don't think that game is available on eversport, not sure any Montana home games are.  Anybody can beat us, need to play our game.

10 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Montana threw for over 400 yards.  Two games worth for us.  

9 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

I don't think that game is available on eversport, not sure any Montana home games are.  Anybody can beat us, need to play our game.

Totally agree with this. I have to say, I like that are schedule appears to be a little more challenging than it did preseason. Need to play competitive team, if we want to be able to compete in the playoffs.

6 minutes ago, homer said:

Montana threw for over 400 yards.  Two games worth for us.  

I saw that. I also believe that the plan for tomorrow will be to throw a bit more than usual. Time will tell but our passing game has been continually improving. Regardless of the outcome I still think it will be close.

40 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

We just had our game to rest players.  Idaho St. on the road will be a 4 quarter game.

That's what is a bit frustrating. Reyes got banged up in a game where he was playing in the 4th quarter with a 30+ point lead. Although injuries are never wanted, especially to a guy as talented and important as Reyes, I sure would've liked to see a different circumstance under which he got hurt. 

I hope he can go or at least be available if they need him, but then let the other safeties get the majority of the snaps if everything is going our way. 

Lastly, the Sacramento State game was on the road, also. Why can't UND blow Idaho State out of the water? Did you see what Portland State did to them without even completing a pass? That sure seems to play into our wheelhouse. 

23 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

I saw that. I also believe that the plan for tomorrow will be to throw a bit more than usual. Time will tell but our passing game has been continually improving. Regardless of the outcome I still think it will be close.

Agreed.  I think it will be a very close game. SUU will be a boarder line playoff team at years end.  This would be a good win for us. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

That's what is a bit frustrating. Reyes got banged up in a game where he was playing in the 4th quarter with a 30+ point lead. Although injuries are never wanted, especially to a guy as talented and important as Reyes, I sure would've liked to see a different circumstance under which he got hurt. 

I hope he can go or at least be available if they need him, but then let the other safeties get the majority of the snaps if everything is going our way. 

Lastly, the Sacramento State game was on the road, also. Why can't UND blow Idaho State out of the water? Did you see what Portland State did to them without even completing a pass? That sure seems to play into our wheelhouse. 

I thought Reyes and Studsy should have been out at least 1 if not 2 series earlier at Sac St.  They weren't and Reyes tweaked a hammy and Studsy took a big shot on a late hit, not good.

Unlike Sac St., I actually think Idaho St. could strike quickly against us.  Resting starters is something you don't talk about going into any game, but hopefully we handle it better if it happens again.  

• Upvote 1

Und is going to have to be efficient in the pass game as s utah is pretty good against the run.  Studsrud needs to be "on", and if he is, und should be ok.  Keep them honest!! 

Defensively, their offense isn't much. Nice rb but that's unds mojo......stuff the run!  Not overly worried here. 

Und needs to minimize mistakes....penalties, turnovers, long plays....etc 

I SO would love und to absolutely destroy them and send a message  to all the haters. I will be happy with any win but would love to see domination!  

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Just read SFI.....looks like our d line has some injury issues.

Greeley(questionable) greer(questionable) engwall (questionable)  dranka(questionable) cieslak and tank are probable but are banged up.  A bye week during the season sure would be nice.   

Good lord, this is how we dropped games last year. Hopefully it works out ok.

20 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Good lord, this is how we dropped games last year. Hopefully it works out ok.

As long as the QB is healthy it's different than last year.  The Reyes Studsrud injury combo derailed the season least year. We would have been at least 9-2....  Fingers are crossed each game. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

As long as the QB is healthy it's different than last year.  The Reyes Studsrud injury combo derailed the season least year. We would have been at least 9-2....  Fingers are crossed each game. 

True, I still think we win this game. Just hope it doesn't come down to the wire, and hope we can avoid additional injuries.