SiouxSports.com Forum

SUU @ UND Homecoming 2016

F'n Hawks

2 hours ago, Cratter said:

I looked for it after the Poly game, but I see now you guys bolted over to the hockey game.

Yeah, when we were in victory formation, I made the call to bolt out of there. Driving that thing out of the parking lot w/thousands of other people is a true treat. I have a feeling it's gonna get left there overnight this weekend.

3 minutes ago, ericpnelson said:

Yeah, when we were in victory formation, I made the call to bolt out of there. Driving that thing out of the parking lot w/thousands of other people is a true treat. I have a feeling it's gonna get left there overnight this weekend.

Got stick in some of the worse out of the Alerus Traffic I had been in for a football game, after 10 minutes of not moving I bolted over to the west side lanes and was out in no time (and the more eastern lanes had to sit and wait til all those lanes emptied) I thought they had people rotating lanes in and out but didn't appear to have any that game.

1 minute ago, Cratter said:

Got stick in some of the worse out of the Alerus Traffic I had been in for a football game, after 10 minutes of not moving I bolted over to the west side lanes and was out in no time (and the more eastern lanes had to wait sit and wait til all those lanes emptied) I thought they had people rotating lanes in and out but didn't appear to have any that game.

That was strange.  I sat over on the east side for maybe an hour before making it out. Seemed like before there were people directing traffic allowing lanes to take turns. 

4 minutes ago, sprig said:

That was strange.  I sat over on the east side for maybe an hour before making it out. Seemed like before there were people directing traffic allowing lanes to take turns. 

Well glad I moved when I did. That's a crazy amount of time. Yeah at first I wasn't worried as you said there use to be people directing one lane at a time to go and taking turns but after awhile it became apparent that wasn't the case. Normally I don't have trouble as I park in the south "overflow lot" but I arrived late and was directed to closer champions club spots that weren't taken.

And normally a decent part of the crowd leaves a few minutes early but the game was down to the wire so most people stayed put.

14 minutes ago, ND1 said:

I have heard Reyes is a game time decision (Hammy) 

While I would hate for Reyes to miss the game, I would hate even more for him to reaggravate it and be out longer. Arnell will need to have a big time game, and hopefully Palmborg is ready to go.

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

While I would hate for Reyes to miss the game, I would hate even more for him to reaggravate it and be out longer. Arnell will need to have a big time game, and hopefully Palmborg is ready to go.

Although there is a drop off if Reyes is out, it's not as catastrophic as last year without Arnell and Palmborg and Flowers having zero experience to go along with Sweed.  Reyes is really missed if the other team has a high end burner receiver.  Bowling Green had that guy that ran past Arnell and we got burned on the same play just before half.  BG ran it twice in the 2nd half and Reyes shut it down.  On run support, Reyes makes tackles for losses and short gains, and maybe the opponents gets a few more yards with him out.  That said, I might make it to practice to see if Reyes is a go, but won't share that info. for S. Utah to see.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Although there is a drop off if Reyes is out, it's not as catastrophic as last year without Arnell and Palmborg and Flowers having zero experience to go along with Sweed.  Reyes is really missed if the other team has a high end burner receiver.  Bowling Green had that guy that ran past Arnell and we got burned on the same play just before half.  BG ran it twice in the 2nd half and Reyes shut it down.  On run support, Reyes makes tackles for losses and short gains, and maybe the opponents gets a few more yards with him out.  That said, I might make it to practice to see if Reyes is a go, but won't share that info. for S. Utah to see.

solid point. definitely not the same kind of drop off as last year.

I'd really like to see a statement win tomorrow. I know S. Utah is much better than Sac St, but I'd really like to see a similar dominating kind of performance, which I do think is doable. Maybe I'm just being a homer, but I really think this team is coming together and playing more like the team we saw at the end of last season.

Palmborg got a lot of valuable repos last year and I have also noticed him a fair amount this year. We dont have a bye so if you have to sit Reyes for a game we should be able to make due without him.

Pius, when he was out last year so was Studsrud and our offense did little to help out the shorthanded D.

5 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Palmborg got a lot of valuable repos last year and I have also noticed him a fair amount this year. We dont have a bye so if you have to sit Reyes for a game we should be able to make due without him.

Pius, when he was out last year so was Studsrud and our offense did little to help out the shorthanded D.

Best case scenario is that after taking care of business against Southern Utah, we get a big lead against Idaho State, and get our starters a rest for half a game, and treat that as our bye week.  I am starting to believe that our schedule isn't a cakewalk - if the season ended now, Cal Poly is a playoff team, and Weber State is on the bubble - so every game has something big on the line.

Just now, Dustin said:

Best case scenario is that after taking care of business against Southern Utah, we get a big lead against Idaho State, and get our starters a rest for half a game, and treat that as our bye week.  I am starting to believe that our schedule isn't a cakewalk - if the season ended now, Cal Poly is a playoff team, and Weber State is on the bubble - so every game has something big on the line.

Southern Utah is also a bubble team

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dustin said:

I think the game tomorrow will be close. Our defense should be able to contain SUU and our offense has taken some big steps over the last couple weeks. Be loud everyone!

2 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

I think the game tomorrow will be close. Our defense should be able to contain SUU and our offense has taken some big steps over the last couple weeks. Be loud everyone!

Their defense is capable of forcing a lot of turnovers. They were all over the ball against Davis and dropped a couple picks.

4 minutes ago, Dustin said:

We just had our game to rest players.  Idaho St. on the road will be a 4 quarter game.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Agreed, especially when compared to teams like E. Wash and MT. Yes, they play each other, but other than that, the schedules are fairly similar in terms of difficulty, and I would say some of that is even offset by the fact that our bye week isn't until the end of the season. Being in the position to rest some starters would be VERY beneficial.