SiouxSports.com Forum

BG game

Falconfreak90

51 minutes ago, Falconfreak90 said:

Hey all,

Thanks to Siouxfan512 for the invite to your board.  We are looking forward to having the ND Fighting Sioux at Doyt Perry Stadium on 9/10!  Hope to see some of you there and please stop by our tailgate area in Lot 13, just south of the stadium.  We are a fun bunch and pretty passionate about our Falcons.  Yeah, we have our ahole fans too but they are few.  lol.

We open at ohio state on 9/3 and that is a huge game for our program.  Urban Meyer got his first head coaching job at the collegiate level at BGSU in 2001.  Have a great season!  If you'd like to check out our board, please go to www.ay-ziggy-zoomba.com.  GO FALCONS!

Michael

aka Falconfreak90

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to talk all the football you want here! 

By the way, It's University of North Dakota Fighting Hawks now, due to a long drawn-out process. I look forward to the game this season on September 10th. 

9 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to talk all the football you want here! 

By the way, It's University of North Dakota Fighting Hawks now, due to a long drawn-out process. I look forward to the game this season on September 10th. 

If the man want to use Sioux, he may! :)

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Falconfreak90 said:

Hey all,

Thanks to Siouxfan512 for the invite to your board.  We are looking forward to having the ND Fighting Sioux at Doyt Perry Stadium on 9/10!  Hope to see some of you there and please stop by our tailgate area in Lot 13, just south of the stadium.  We are a fun bunch and pretty passionate about our Falcons.  Yeah, we have our ahole fans too but they are few.  lol.

We open at ohio state on 9/3 and that is a huge game for our program.  Urban Meyer got his first head coaching job at the collegiate level at BGSU in 2001.  Have a great season!  If you'd like to check out our board, please go to www.ay-ziggy-zoomba.com.  GO FALCONS!

Michael

aka Falconfreak90

So what's your opinion on the game? Do you see a full game battle or do you think the Hawks are going to be a cupcake?

Just saw this post on the BG forum (http://ay-ziggy-zoomba.com/)

Cool helmets that will be worn for their home opener against UND, and a really cool move with the 111 names on the helmets. Classy stuff.

Re: New helmets

Postby jpfalcon09 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:13 am

Confirmed via Twitter that the helmet is military themed and will be worn for the home opener.

Official release: http://www.bgsufalcons.com/news/2016/7/ ... n-day.aspx

TL;DR version: BG portion of logo in stars and stripes, the falcon head appears to be in a camo-style color scheme. The stripe down the middle of the helmet has the names of the 111 BGSU students who have died defending the country, which is a very classy and purposeful touch.

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

Just saw this post on the BG forum (http://ay-ziggy-zoomba.com/)

Cool helmets that will be worn for their home opener against UND, and a really cool move with the 111 names on the helmets. Classy stuff.

Re: New helmets

Postby jpfalcon09 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:13 am

Confirmed via Twitter that the helmet is military themed and will be worn for the home opener.

Official release: http://www.bgsufalcons.com/news/2016/7/ ... n-day.aspx

TL;DR version: BG portion of logo in stars and stripes, the falcon head appears to be in a camo-style color scheme. The stripe down the middle of the helmet has the names of the 111 BGSU students who have died defending the country, which is a very classy and purposeful touch.

I wonder if they paid 50K for that design...

• Upvote 1

On 7/26/2016 at 3:01 PM, UNDBIZ said:

Their logo is definitely worse than ours....

not sure why, but theirs kind of makes me think of the partridge family birds from the beginning of the show. I don't think they actually look anything alike, but for some reason it reminds me of that. 

Can't wait for that game.

Pointing out a team UND plays this year in football has a backwards logo on its helmet on a UND fan discussion board is, how do you say....

2 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

seriously guys, let it go. I don't think anyone was saying it absolutely shouldn't be backwards on the helmet .... there's just some differences in personal preference. Not a huge deal.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, ZiggyZoomba97 said:

None of the BG fans I've talked to think UND is going to be anything close to a cupcake.  I think BG fans are optimistic about a win, but certainly not taking anything for granted or expecting an easy game.   I think part of that is a respect for UND, and part of that is the uncertainty that comes with a coaching change and a LOT of turnover on offense.   Last year in non-conference play BG beat Maryland & Purdue (scoring over 40 in both games), hung 30 points on Tennessee and were in that game until very late...and then lost 41-44 to Paxton Lynch's Memphis team.  However, BG lost it's starting QB, RB, and two best WR's to graduation, early draft entry, or transfer (one of the WR's transferred to Alabama).  

On the plus side, BG returns all of their starters on the OL and brings back their back-up RB from last year (Fred Coppet) who has a lot of game experience (bigger RB, tough to bring down).  The new coach is from Texas Tech and will be keeping something similar to the fast-paced spread attack that the last coach (Dino Babers, formerly at Baylor, now at Syracuse) ran.  The question marks are obviously centered around how quickly the offense picks up the changes to the new coaches system, and what will the drop off be at QB, RB, WR from the talented guys who finished their time at BG last year in those positions (I have to expect some, at least early in the season).   BG got by last year by putting up a lot of points, so until we see similar production the jury is out on who this team can beat or by how much.

The defense returns, I think, 6 starters this year, so we're hoping for improvement there.  I don't have stats to back it up but in my opinion BG hasn't stopped a team committed to running the ball since approximately 1907.   So given UND's running game, I'm concerned.   Obviously my 1907 statement was a joke (they've had some great defensive teams) but lately it's been all about whether BG can score enough points to counter their defensive slips.  We're HOPING that the returning experience and new defensive coaches will step that up, but again, won't know until we see it on the field.  I feel like last year some teams came out and tried to throw the ball thinking they had to keep pace, but then at some point realized "hey, we can just run it up the middle for 8 yards a play" and those are the teams that beat us.

So yeah, hard to say what this version of BGSU football will look like...there's a lot of reasons to hopeful and optimistic, but I think there's more unknowns than knowns right now.  I'm seeing a close game, with UND controlling the clock but BG scoring on some big plays...could be one of those games where turnovers dictate the winner...I'm going be a homer and say BG 35, UND 28. 

Anyway, sorry for the long post...looking forward to heading back to BG for this game, and hope to share some beers with UND fans who make the trip.

Thanks for dropping by. I am bored in the office and antsy for football and this is good stuff. Other than our game I hope you have a great season 

1 hour ago, UNDColorado said:

Thanks for dropping by. I am bored in the office and antsy for football and this is good stuff. Other than our game I hope you have a great season 

Thanks to Siouxfan512 for inviting us over.  The UND fans that have been over on the BG board have been solid posters.  And just to reiterate what the OP said in this thread, feel free to stop by the BG board at www.ay-ziggy-zoomba.com to discuss the upcoming game.  

I hear you on the "bored in the office and antsy for football"...early August always feels like the adult version of early December for kids, you know Christmas is right around the corner, but it still feels too far away.  JUST GET HERE ALREADY!

Also, back at you, hope you guys have a great season and your players stay healthy.  

If any of your are making the trip to BG, and you like pizza, you 100% have to hit up Myles Pizza Pub...I'm not ashamed to admit that on multiple occasions I've driven from Chicago to BG on a few weekends under the guise of visiting friends when my real goal was just to go to Myles.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, ZiggyZoomba97 said:

Thanks to Siouxfan512 for inviting us over.  The UND fans that have been over on the BG board have been solid posters.  And just to reiterate what the OP said in this thread, feel free to stop by the BG board at www.ay-ziggy-zoomba.com to discuss the upcoming game.  

I hear you on the "bored in the office and antsy for football"...early August always feels like the adult version of early December for kids, you know Christmas is right around the corner, but it still feels too far away.  JUST GET HERE ALREADY!

Also, back at you, hope you guys have a great season and your players stay healthy.  

If any of your are making the trip to BG, and you like pizza, you 100% have to hit up Myles Pizza Pub...I'm not ashamed to admit that on multiple occasions I've driven from Chicago to BG on a few weekends under the guise of visiting friends when my real goal was just to go to Myles.  

This is one game I had eyed in the past as a road trip. Unfortunately a close cousin of mine is getting married in Minneapolis that day at 2 PM central...not ideal. It appears the game kicks off at 2:30 central so I should be able to catch the second half in between the wedding and the reception. 

This is totally adult version of early December; that is the best way to explain it! I will go check out your board. Thanks again!

It didn't help that Alabama chose to end one of the greatest rituals in College Football this year. I always looked forward to the Running of the Gumps as a sign that College Football was just around the corner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrMI7z1toz0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoTbRPjcmUI

http://image.nola.com/home/nola-media/width620/img/lsu_impact/photo/18510075-mmmain.jpg

So looked forward to the sweaty hicks carrying all kinds of paraphernalia the length of the field!

Christopher Walsh ?@WritingWalsh 28m28 minutes ago

The Running of the Gumps is officially no more. Alabama gave out wristbands for the Fan Day autograph session. It's the end of an era.

I feel cheated.

Although Nick Saban's look of utter disgust and disdain for his fan base is still in tact!

[IMG]

[IMG]

1 hour ago, ZiggyZoomba97 said:

This UND fan will be there loud and proud!  Looking forward to the trip and may stop by.  Thanks for the hospitality.