SiouxSports.com Forum

PairWise Rankings

jimdahl

On 3/1/2017 at 0:44 PM, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Right, we heard the crowd roar as we were walking out, sold our tickets for the evening game and the Sat game as soon as we got out side. Pretty Sad. Withnessed 4 one and done at the FF.

1 championship game and 3 one and dones as a member of the band. Not exactly fun. 

6 hours ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

1 championship game and 3 one and dones as a member of the band. Not exactly fun. 

Yea, four Frozen Fours in your four years of college.  That truly must have been awful for you.  

The band from about 1988 thru 1996 could have only dreamed of such misery.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Need Providence and Cornell to get eliminated next week and UND to sweep St. Cloud.

Isn't it still possible Providence could play Notre Dame.  In that scenario, I would think Providence winning might be better for us.  If we've learned one thing, it's just take care of yourself, because if you don't you'll find yourself on the outside looking in.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, tnt said:

Isn't it still possible Providence could play Notre Dame.  In that scenario, I would think Providence winning might be better for us.  If we've learned one thing, it's just take care of yourself, because if you don't you'll find yourself on the outside looking in.

Providence is playing Notre Dame

10 minutes ago, tnt said:

Notre Dame is tied with UND and Providence is above. You might want it to go 3 games but UND needs to sweep.

18 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Notre Dame is tied with UND and Providence is above. You might want it to go 3 games but UND needs to sweep.

So if Providence swept Notre Dame, Notre Dame most likely would have no opportunity to finish ahead of us.  Isn't it possible Providence could lose 2 out of three and they both could be ahead of us if our series went to 3 games, since we are playing a lower ranked team in the pairwise? Don't know all the ramifications on season series and such, but like I said, we just need to worry about taking care of our business. Guess those scenarios are questions for Jim.

Committee has a mess as of this morning...Lots of integrity messed up based on travel, hosts, and intraconference...Here's how I'd see it...

Fargo

DU vs WCHA champ

Union vs North Dakota (while Minny keeps the bracket integrity with UND, I think the #1 overall seed will not have the highest #2 seed in their bracket)

Cincinnati

UMD vs ACA champ 

BU vs Penn State

Providence

Harvard vs Notre Dame (or BC if they win their tourney)

Minny vs Providence 

New Hamphire

WMU vs Wisconsin

Lowell vs Cornell

• Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Committee has a mess as of this morning...Lots of integrity messed up based on travel, hosts, and intraconference...Here's how I'd see it...

Fargo

DU vs WCHA champ

Union vs North Dakota (while Minny keeps the bracket integrity with UND, I think the #1 overall seed will not have the highest #2 seed in their bracket)

Cincinnati

UMD vs ACA champ 

BU vs Penn State

Providence

Harvard vs Notre Dame (or BC if they win their tourney)

Minny vs Providence 

New Hamphire

WMU vs Wisconsin

Lowell vs Cornell

Here (or as o

Saturday 3/4/17   Miami Win        
  1 DENVER 8 UNION   4 W/M 5 MINNESOTA

N/E         WEST      

16 BEMIDJI 9 PENN   13 WISCONSIN 12 SIOUX
      10 PROVIDENCE          

2 DULUTH 7 B/U   3 HARVARD 6 MASS/L

M/W         EAST      

15 CANNSIUS 10 PROVIDENCE   14 NOTRE DAME 11 CORNELL
      9 PENN          

ur president says Hear) is how Moy will have it.

4 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Here (or as o

Saturday 3/4/17   Miami Win        
  1 DENVER 8 UNION   4 W/M 5 MINNESOTA

N/E         WEST      

16 BEMIDJI 9 PENN   13 WISCONSIN 12 SIOUX
      10 PROVIDENCE          

2 DULUTH 7 B/U   3 HARVARD 6 MASS/L

M/W         EAST      

15 CANNSIUS 10 PROVIDENCE   14 NOTRE DAME 11 CORNELL
      9 PENN          

ur president says Hear) is how Moy will have it.

so you believe that they will ask the #1 overall seed to travel out east?  My assumption is that they will not.  

That is the driver of our different brackets.  

6 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

so you believe that they will ask the #1 overall seed to travel out east?  My assumption is that they will not.  

That is the driver of our different brackets.  

I believe a plane ride is a plane ride in the eyes of the committee. And the sad thing is where Denver goes will have no effect on attendance.

Based on current pairwise. True seed.

1.Denver vs. WCHA champs

8.Union vs. 9.Penn St.

2.UMD vs. ACA champs

7.BU vs.10. Providence

3.Harvard vs.14. Notre Dame

6.Lowell vs. 11.Cornell

4.WMU vs. 13.Wisconsin

5.Minnesota vs.12. UND

BU can't play Providence in first round an you can't trade Providence for Cornell because Lowell is also in Hockey East. UND is a 3 seed that can't be moved so how do you shuffle the other 3? Lowell is highest of the 2 seeds affected so I think you leave them with the #11 overall and you swap Penn St. and Providence.

With the western teams likely to occupy 4 of the top 5 spots there isn't a way to avoid sending someone east, and the Denver fan base won't change much if the tournament was in Cincy, out East or even in Colorado Springs.

Of course there are more games next weekend and all the dice will be thrown again.

58 minutes ago, petey23 said:

I believe a plane ride is a plane ride in the eyes of the committee. And the sad thing is where Denver goes will have no effect on attendance.

I think you're wrong on that assessment.  If Denver goes to Cincy, they're likely looking at 2 Pioneer fans in the stands.  If Denver is sent to Fargo, that number EASILY doubles, if not triples.

• Upvote 4