SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Fighting Hawks vs. UNO Mavericks

AZSIOUX

4 hours ago, Goon said:

I wondering if we finally see a 3-on-3 overtime?

I tell you what, I wasn't sure of what I thought of the 3 on 3, but I watched the Flyers/Wild game the other night, and I was thoroughly entertained by it. I'm now firmly in the, it's good for hockey, boat.

Blais is going to have his guys ready to go for sure. To me it seems that UNO always play UND tough, maybe they treat it a little special because it's UND?? Anyway I can't wait. As for the other thread, we need to wake up here and focus on our team that is playing in a huge series this weekend.

On 1/10/2016 at 0:37 AM, siouxforce19 said:

This series just draws my attention back to the "Which UNO fan is actually the dumbest?" on Twitter/USCHO/etc contest...

It's cute that we're really their only "rivalry" and it's a big weekend for them, but it's just another day for me...

You sound like an NDSU football fan about UND football fans. 'Every game NDSU plays is their Super Bowl'

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, ClassB said:

You sound like an NDSU football fan about UND football fans. 'Every game NDSU plays is their Super Bowl'

Not sure why we're drawing NDSU into this conversation, but I'll bite.

I literally give zero craps about NDSU football and I have a degree from there. 

Also. It doesn't take rocket science to know NDSU fans hate UND way more than UND fans hate NDSU. So that little quote is a lie that no one should take seriously. 

What does this have to do with this weekends series? --> UNO fans hate UND more than UND hates UNO. I mean, they have "UND Hate Week" for crying out loud. What even is that? 

11 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Also. It doesn't take rocket science to know NDSU fans hate UND way more than UND fans hate NDSU. So that little quote is a lie that no one should take seriously. 

What does this have to do with this weekends series? --> UNO fans hate UND more than UND hates UNO. I mean, they have "UND Hate Week" for crying out loud. What even is that? 

So true

11 hours ago, Goon said:

I wondering if we finally see a 3-on-3 overtime?

might be.... i see it UND 5-2 friday and 5-4 SOL on Saturday.  Blais has his team right where he likes...i.e. coming into ND after getting swept.  He loves the underdog role. meanwhile, yes UNO fans are the new Jan Brady.  Their fans are so obsessed with polls, their arena, and being in the top tier of college hockey. #respect  sorry guys, that only comes after putting up results year after year...  they want a shortcut. hahaha

1 hour ago, siouxforce19 said:

It's not about fu at all, I think we (on this board) don't care much for some of their fans and I'd rather we didn't act like them. But that is just me and this is an opinion forum, just providing food for thought. Take it for what it's worth I guess. 

• Downvote 1

Very excited for the second half of the season. This series should be a ton of fun. I am beginning to embrace this series and am looking forward to it continuing to become more and more of a true rivalry. Its an accessible road trip from both ND and CO and would be a fun annual meetup spot for UND fans (if we could ever get tickets to Baxter).

As for this weekend, we can only hope the CBS line can jump right back on it with little to no signs of rust. Same with goaltending, let's hope the guys can keep it up in net. 

Really looking forward to the weekend, you guys.

Go Sioux and Go Fighting Hawks. Cheers!

On January 10, 2016 at 4:17 PM, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Omaha might just be an exception:

Nov. 2010, Omaha, SPLIT, two 1-goal games

Jan. 2011, GFK, SPLIT, included the 8-4 shellacking (one of the worst, if not the worst, losses at REA for UND)

Dec. 2011, GFK, SPLIT, two 1-goal games including 1 in OT

Feb. 2013, Omaha, UND SWEEP (Sioux and fans embarrassed UNO at their outdoor showcase game)

Nov. 2013, Omaha, SPLIT, one 1-goal game and one 2-goal game

Feb. 2014, GFK, SPLIT, infamous Dean Blais ejection before UNO comes back and wins

Nov. 2014, GFK, UND W and TIE, includes UNO shootout Win and yet another 1-goal game

Jan. 2015, Omaha, SPLIT, both games OT

UND leads series, 9-6-1, which kind of looks deceptive.

9-7-1.  Yet another chippy game and an OT victory for the road club.

How is this not a rivalry again?

29 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

9-7-1.  Yet another chippy game and an OT victory for the road club.

How is this not a rivalry again?

Agreed. Easily beats a St. Cloud or Duluth series. Although they can be fun too. 

It's just great games when these two teams meet, and like I said with Blais at the helm it just throws a little extra gas on the fire. 

Blais starts a goalie who hadn't played a minute of collegiate hockey against the #1 team on the road....and wins.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...