SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Fighting Hawks vs. USA Under 18 Team - Gameday

AZSIOUX

Little tune up and some ice time for a few who may not get it normally

7:07 puck from from the Ralph 

schmaltz and boeser sitting out getting some post wjt rest. Gardner out as well with the hand

hope to see tomek if healthy 

stay healthy 

this USA team can play. They beat St. Cloud 7-6, lost to Duluth 4-3 in ot. Beat Dartmouth, BU, Princeton, lssu and niagara. Tied notre dame 

ROSTER

2 uncommitted players in greenway and khodorenko. Are they college bound?

2 hours ago, AZSIOUX said:

Little tune up and some ice time for a few who may not get it normally

7:07 puck from from the Ralph 

schmaltz and boeser sitting out getting some post wjt rest. Gardner out as well with the hand

hope to see tomek if healthy 

stay healthy 

this USA team can play. They beat St. Cloud 7-6, lost to Duluth 4-3 in ot. Beat Dartmouth, BU, Princeton, lssu and niagara. Tied notre dame 

ROSTER

2 uncommitted players in greenway and khodorenko. Are they college bound?

I just watched the highlights from the St. Cloud vs. USA game, hopefully tonight is a fun one (that we win)!

27 minutes ago, brianvf said:

So Tomek finally gets some action...in an exhibition game with less than 5 minutes left and faces 0 shots.
Hard to get a gauge on him with that.

Tate would probably would have gotten more action than that.

My intuition is its more than just an injury thing or even playing time. And I wouldn't be surprised to see him transfer next year....pure speculation.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Tate would probably would have gotten more action than that.

My intuition is its more than just an injury thing. And I wouldn't be surprised to see him transfer next year....pure speculation.

Lol Tate was a senior when he finally got his time. Apples and oranges comparison. 

Transfer? Why? Next year Rinks is a senior and Johnson is a jr. At worst, he's a back up until his Sr. year and then gets all the time. At best, he wins the job and starts 2-3 years. Tomek did his homework before committing and my guess is that he knew this possibly could happen coming in. Without getting injured, he woulda definitely had his shot. He'll get it again next year, if not by the end of this year.

Also... remember who drafted him :)

• Upvote 1

US team is good. Matt hasn't lost a beat since Cam took over, some great saves, especially on the US PPs in the second. Gopher recruit D a typical gopher, good wheels, not much D, tried to start a fight with Ladue. I like the uncommitted dman, JD Greenway, hope we're looking at him as we'll need to replace D. Since he's from NY, he'll probably end up east somewhere, or CHL.

10 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

d ddLol Tate was a senior when he finally got his time. Apples and oranges comparison. 

Transfer? Why? Next year Rinks is a senior and Johnson is a jr. At worst, he's a back up until his Sr. year and then gets all the time. At best, he wins the job and starts 2-3 years. Tomek did his homework before committing and my guess is that he knew this possibly could happen coming in. Without getting injured, he woulda definitely had his shot. He'll get it again next year, if not by the end of this year.

Also... remember who drafte

I agree, its a bit premature to be talking about transferring. Although this has been pretty strange.

either way, in a perfect world this kid could be the starter by season's end or early next year. He's that talented. He's obviously a little dinged up bit the coaching staff will give him a shot once he's ready. He's a 3rd rd tendy, that's really high.

to clarify, I'm not taking anything away from cam, he's the starter right now. I'm saying tomek should get a game or two if healthy. His accolades should give him that.

3 hours ago, sprig said:

US team is good. Matt hasn't lost a beat since Cam took over, some great saves, especially on the US PPs in the second. Gopher recruit D a typical gopher, good wheels, not much D, tried to start a fight with Ladue. I like the uncommitted dman, JD Greenway, hope we're looking at him as we'll need to replace D. Since he's from NY, he'll probably end up east somewhere, or CHL.

I thought Lindgren the Gopher commit was there best defenseman. He did get muscled off the puck by Poganski that led to the Caggiula goal but he was real smooth skater with lots of skill and actually reminded me of our own defensemen, he's definitely a guy I would have liked to have coming to UND.

54 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

I thought Lindgren the Gopher commit was there best defenseman. He did get muscled off the puck by Poganski that led to the Caggiula goal but he was real smooth skater with lots of skill and actually reminded me of our own defensemen, he's definitely a guy I would have liked to have coming to UND.

It was the Pogo rush and a few other d end weak plays that made me post that.  He can carry the puck up the ice like our dmen, but doesn't defend as well. That and he's just another rodent :silly: so I wouldn't expect much defensive end development once he's a Gopher

• Upvote 2