SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota @ K-State

bincitysioux

Just now, choyt3 said:

Avants seems to struggle every time the ball gets in his hands down the stretch. The F'Hawks need to hit some free throws. And box out on the boards. 

Overall a pretty decent effort.

avants reminds me of that lake region state transfer a couple years ago...totally out of control 99 percent of the time

Solid effort tonight overall.  If we run that weave on offense we tend to play a tempo that this team is ok with.  Played it the first half vs. NDSU and the first half tonight with it reappearing down the stretch.  Get a little out of control when we try and go up tempo.  

Overall, fairly pleased with the defensive effort from this team compared to years past.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Give Avants time. I think he could develop into a nice player. Would have been nice if he would've redshirted.

He was fine defensively and on the boards. But wasn't a lot of help on the other end of the court. Setting screens and getting him the ball where he can just shoot it without putting it on the floor would have been more effective. I doubt driving recklessly to the rim and throwing up an underhanded bullet was in the game plan for tonight. Could be wrong though.

This game could've been a lot worse. KSU played like crap in the first half, UND hung with them the best they could, couldn't hit free throws late to make it close and KSU did a great job on the offensive rebounds. Overall I am impressed with this game. I thought the final was going to be like UNI but it wasn't. Good luck as we start conference play New Years Eve with Idaho. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

This game could've been a lot worse. KSU played like crap in the first half, UND hung with them the best they could, couldn't hit free throws late to make it close and KSU did a great job on the offensive rebounds. Overall I am impressed with this game. I thought the final was going to be like UNI but it wasn't. Good luck as we start conference play New Years Eve with Idaho. 

UND's effort had nothing to do with KSU's first half performance?  The F'n Hawks missed some good looks in the first half as well and were their usual selves down the stretch from the line.  

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

you have got to be kidding me?  they haven't even updated the valley city game??? hajdu is an absolute joke

Careful, Hajdu has made it abundantly clear on this forum that "No part of his job says he has to tolerate rudeness". :silly:

1 hour ago, choyt3 said:

Looks like Powell is the MBB guy. Direct your disdain in the right direction.

Media Relations

Jayson Hajdu Assistant AD, Media Rel. (MHKY, XC, T/F) 7.2985 jayson.hajdu@athletics.und.edu
Ryan Powell Associate Director (FB, MBB, M/WGOF) 7.2986 ryan.powell@athletics.und.edu
Ross LaDue Assistant Director (SOC, WHKY, SB, TN) 7.6743 ross.ladue@athletics.und.edu
Mitch Wigness Assistant Director (WBB, VB, BB, S/D) 7.4210 mitchell.wigness@athletics.und.edu
Matt Schill Director, New Media 7.2668 matthew.schill@athletics.und.edu
David Folske Coordinator, Video Production 7.6827 david.c.folske@athletics.und.edu

This is what I talk about on here all the time, the lack of media coverage, marketing and promotion of our programs (yes, there ARE other programs not named Men's Hockey). We have always lagged behind the Ag School in that area and it needs to stop.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Nice effort last night.  Plenty of talent on this team.  Too bad both of our bigs foul out with over 6 minutes to play.

Curious about Hooker sitting out last night, but not the previous game against Valley City.  He certainly could have used the extra rest to get ready for conference play, he was visibly in a lot of pain against NDSU.  I suppose a loss to Kansas St. is far more tolerable than a loss to Valley City.  

8 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I know these suspensions are typically minor (missed class, curfew, etc) in detail but the fact geno already has two in half a season needs to be addressed. 

Not going any further on this but I believe he had issues last year also, just not noticed because he red shirted.  May be why he red shirted last year also.  Two suspensions in the first half of the season indicates its not minor.

Geno needs to follow the rules ...team does not need a me first guy who breaks rules and hurts the team when he sits.  Looks like Bernstine 3rd in Big Sky rebounding is starting to score a little more... He shot free throws at above 70% in high school vs  in the 40s% so far in college

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, sioux2013 said:

Not going any further on this but I believe he had issues last year also, just not noticed because he red shirted.  May be why he red shirted last year also.  Two suspensions in the first half of the season indicates its not minor.

I meant it more that what he did was perhaps minor compare to other issues that could happen.  But yes, in 10 careers games and already having 2 1 game suspensions is not good.

13 hours ago, CMSioux said:

Just wondering what makes you think it isn't being addressed? Really hope he gets it together love watching him on the court and he could be a part of a very good team over the next three years.

I perhaps should have reworded my statement, I'm sure it is being addressed but.... he's got to stop getting in trouble.

• Upvote 1