SiouxSports.com Forum

Here comes the Merchandise

burronation

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Yes, Pontiac called it the Trans Am Firebird, so I'd guess that it's a phoenix also. 

Agreed.   And for the Harry Potter fans you can almost make F'awks work (for non-fans, Dumbledore's phoenix was named "Fawkes")

or, do we go with

th?&id=OIP.M2495f8b7df06636b1c1861f8c2c2

21 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Fine Fine Fine .... I'll try to be positive about this new nickname thing ....

Guy puts a gun to my head and says, "Put on a Fighting Hawk shirt or a Gopher hockey jersey" ..... I guess I'll bite the bullet and put on the Fighting Hawk shirt. Will that appease some of you :)

Haha, that's awesome! Hate the shirt, but like petey23 said..... I hate the parody Brien shirts worse. I think they are disrespectful to a beautiful logo!

1 minute ago, Old Time Hockey said:

And you blog only on hockey.  You must be one of the damn hockey only fans that won't conform to the new nickname.  Therefore, you are not a UND true fan.  If you want to be a true fan follow these simple steps.

1.  Blast the "hockey only" fans as much as possible.

2. Do not question the process, nor the administration that got us to this point with the current nickname.

3. Go out as soon as possible and purchase the first F'Hawks gear you see and wear it to the next UND sporting event.

4. Cheer "Go Fighting Hawks" as much as possible at the next sporting event.  A "Go Hawks" sign would be a nice touch!

5. Finally, carry yourself with a "I know better than you" attitude when confronted by anyone wearing that old, offensive Fighting Sioux gear.

If you follow these five simple steps, then and only then will you be considered a true UND fan.

Agreed, what kind of a-hole only blogs about UND hockey.  The nerve of some people...

5 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I'm asking why it matters. I'm still going to go to games, buy North Dakota gear, donate to the school, but AT THIS POINT (again, this can change), I don't want to support the name. Tell me what's the crime in that. Please.

The athletes you are cheering for are Fighting Hawks.  Very soon, none of the UND athletes will have ever played under the name Fighting Sioux.  Their identity will be the Fighting Hawks.  You can choose to support whatever you want.  But as for me, I am going to cheer for the Fighting Hawks because that is the identity of the team, the players, and the school that is playing.  It will change for you, like you said, eventually.  Same goes for other fans.  whether it is a day, a month, a year, or longer.  but jsut remember that delaying the process isn't going to change the result.  The sooner you accept the new name and eventual logo, the better off you will be.  It is going to happen eventually.  Might as well make the effort to make it sooner.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

17 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

But as for me, I am going to cheer for the Fighting Hawks...

Has anyone here actually used the word "Hawks" (in a cheering sense) out loud at an actual sporting event?  Because myself, I have yet to witness it used even once.

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

So, when will you change your forum name? Evidently, you're not in the "true fan" category yet. Siouxperfan7.... So, do you become F'nHawksfan7, now? That's a shame because now the cleverness and originality of your current tag kind of fades, eh?

See how ridiculous this all is? What are we doing?

"The sooner you accept the new name and eventual logo, the better off you will be." Did you read that before you sent that? Holy smokes. Better off??? It's a FRICKIN' nickname. What the h-e- double hockey sticks are we doing?!?! The better off I will be? As if I buy a F'nHawks shirt, that I do not enjoy, my life will somehow be better?

Everyone step away from the lectern and off the soapbox. Attempting to belittle someone over a nickname preference? This is incredible stuff.

You know what I'm gonna do? Keep on wearing my Sioux gear just because of the kind of garbage you just spewed. And you know is what it's going to hurt? Nothing. Nothing at all. 

I know Siouxperfan7 personally and I know this man is a passionate and loyal supporter of all things UND. So please don't question his loyalty or commitment to our programs.

• Downvote 4

34 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I know Siouxperfan7 personally and I know this man is a passionate and loyal supporter of all things UND. So please don't question his loyalty or commitment to our programs.

Lol did I? Where? He clearly questioned mine because I don't like the look of that shirt. I'm just trying to get in the "true fan" club. Do I have to buy this shirt?? If I do buy the shirt, does that mean I don't have to change my forum name? Just trying to get on board, to make my life better.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, obborg said:

Has anyone here actually used the word "Hawks" (in a cheering sense) out loud at an actual sporting event?  Because myself, I have yet to witness it used even once.

I did at the last Saturday home game. As well as ball vs SU. Some cheers some glares. I like to stir the pot, but I'm ready to move on. I don't understand what the booing and chanting does for people. I also don't care what anyone wears. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, obborg said:

I have yelled Fawk if the other team scores does that count ?

• Upvote 4