SiouxSports.com Forum

UND FIGHTING HAWKS @ UMD Bulldogs -FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

Over 40 saves for Cam...impressive.
For those watching...how many of those 40+ were high quality?
Just "watching" via live chat, so hard to tell if UND is just getting throttled with the SOG, or if the Dogs are just throwing it on net from the blue line.

several grade a chances that cam stopped, but diulith does throw everything at the net

Dogs dominated play for most of the game

Edited by sprig

Over 40 saves for Cam...impressive.
For those watching...how many of those 40+ were high quality?
Just "watching" via live chat, so hard to tell if UND is just getting throttled with the SOG, or if the Dogs are just throwing it on net from the blue line.

Not too many UND did a real good job getting in shooting lanes as well. I'd say 5-6 grade A chances mostly it was just Cam being solid positionally and not giving up many rebounds. The big play was the stop on the breakaway where Duluth could have cut it to 2-1 early in the 2nd with a shorthanded goal.  

Kind of a sloppy game way too many turnovers and a little careless with the puck at times but still a solid road win. That was the most physical I've seen UND play all year and nobody looked out of place at all playing that way. Despite struggling a little bit with turnovers and creating offense the Sioux were great in the transition game and it started all 3 goals. I think that was the best game Cam has played at UND. The team defense limited the number of  real good chances for Duluth but the 5-6 real good chances UMD had Cam came up with and the breakaway save could have been a gamechanger if he doesn't come up with it. He was real solid positionally and just seems much more calm in net than previous games. He did give up a few bad rebounds as the game went on but everytime a UND player was there to clear it. Nice to see both Gersich and Jantuinen finish on chances tonight hopefully that can get them rolling a little bit and hopefully Wilkie can also get on the board tomorrow as he's another guy that just needs to get one to go. As the game went on the extracurricular stuff picked up and I'd expect more of it tomorrow. The powerplay really seemed to struggle with Duluth being a little more aggressive on the PK so I'd guess that will be an area we see an adjustment in for tomorrow night.

Edited by SiouxScore

Nice game for Cam !  At least I think was, from watching the webcast I'm not sure they used a puck in the game tonight.

What an embarrassing webcast, video quality from 10 years ago.  I thought all the teams in the NCHC were committed to doing things at a high level.

Spent $80 million on the building and $8 on the broadcast.  

• Upvote 1

Don't let too many see this. It might show coaching matters and they might have to take off a blinder or two.

You just never give it up do you? Hakstol is gone, the boys are winning, try being an adult and appreciate how they are playing. It's been like three comments in this thread alone,  probably more that I haven't seen.

• Upvote 4

You just never give it up do you? Hakstol is gone, the boys are winning, try being an adult and appreciate how they are playing. It's been like three comments in this thread alone,  probably more that I haven't seen.

He is stirring the pot and you are taking the bait. In other words, you are doing what he wants.

• Upvote 1