SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ St. Cloud State

AZSIOUX

He abused both of them.  He did it against Terrell, who refused to call him anything but Cassius Clay before the match.  So, he basically wouldn't put him out of his misery during the match and kept saying, "What's my name?" while he abused him during the match.   Oddly, they were friends and Terrell was a sparring partner for awhile.  He just didn't like Patterson. 

http://wnst.net/nfl/muhammad-ali-and-the-origin-of-whats-my-name/

I can't wait! Leaving campus straight after classes on Friday with a friend to hit up the games this weekend. First  "trip" to a NCHC school that isn't CC ( from the springs.) Should be a great series, especially sitting a big group of students that all got tickets.

MC's Dugout downtown and Husky pre-game party at Brother's Bar and Grill downtown on Saturday. 

• Upvote 1

St. Cloud is consistently good and a fun opponent to watch. Underrated rival.  The upperclassmen haven't forgot them sweeping us at the Ralph two years ago, and they haven't forgotten us ending their season last year.  It is human nature for people to find reasons to look down upon others, and for whatever reason they are the target of a lot of unjustified derision. Nothing but respect for Motzko. 

MC's Dugout downtown and Husky pre-game party at Brother's Bar and Grill downtown on Saturday. 

Thanks for mentioning this.

UND/SCSU pre-game social from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, November 21st at Brothers Bar (2nd level).

Enjoy the appetizer bar, win door prizes, view the Challenge Cup, and meet fans on both sides of this rivalry.

I've been traveling to St. Cloud for the games since January 1998. This event has grown every year, and you won't want to miss it. I'll be around, so make sure to come and say hello. See you there!

Dave

UND SCSU fan social.png

St. Cloud is consistently good and a fun opponent to watch. Underrated rival.  The upperclassmen haven't forgot them sweeping us at the Ralph two years ago, and they haven't forgotten us ending their season last year.  It is human nature for people to find reasons to look down upon others, and for whatever reason they are the target of a lot of unjustified derision. Nothing but respect for Motzko. 

Well stated.....Always entertaining when these teams meet!   Motzko and his staff have done an outstanding job keeping a competitive team on the ice with the resources available.

Enjoy the games this weekend!

• Upvote 2

Honest question(s) - this weekend at St. Cloud do the announcers refer to the Sioux as the Fighting Hawks, or do they just keep calling them North Dakota for now?  Does UND tell them what to use?  Even if UND told them to use North Dakota, could St. Cloud's announcers just go with the Fighting Hawks?

I'll make a request to anyone who's going to the game this weekend...if the in-game PA announcer mentions anything regarding Fighting Hawks over the PA system, will someone PLEASE give him a massive donkey punch to the back of the head...really hard?

• Upvote 4

Honest question(s) - this weekend at St. Cloud do the announcers refer to the Sioux as the Fighting Hawks, or do they just keep calling them North Dakota for now?  Does UND tell them what to use?  Even if UND told them to use North Dakota, could St. Cloud's announcers just go with the Fighting Hawks?

I'll make a request to anyone who's going to the game this weekend...if the in-game PA announcer mentions anything regarding Fighting Hawks over the PA system, will someone PLEASE give him a massive donkey punch to the back of the head...really hard?

I'll be happy to do that! I hope the "Home of the Sioux" is loud and proud.

They will use whichever moniker they want (ND or FH).  The nickname is immediately official, so they can go however they want.  Knowing it's SCSU, they'll probably use the FH nickname in an attempt to censor the masses

Be one way to get people to boo when their own team is announced.  Booing the name will sound like booing the players?

• Upvote 1

Yes. If any UND fans boo the name THEY deserve to get punched in the back of the head. I'm not a fan of the name but I am a fan of the players that will be representing it. You can't boo one and not the other

Agree with this.  I won't boo the name.   I may not yell it this weekend, but I won't boo it.  I'll definitely yell for North Dakota.   And I may sprinkle in a few "Sioux", if for no other reason than to loosen a few rivets in that new hockey building.

• Upvote 1