SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ St. Cloud State

AZSIOUX

UND goes into the cloud after sweeping Miami. SCSU swept western and dropped 11 goals on them sat night.(wtf?) and scored 16 goals on the weekend(benik 5 goals)

UND 9-1-2 / 4-0-0-0 nchc 

only loss of season was a Friday night loss to UW. 15 points from boeser/schmaltz/jewels last 3 games combined(12 this last weekend). UND heads to Michigan State the following weekend for a fri/sun series. UND has scored 43 goals in 12 games this season(3.58 per)

SCSU 8-2-0 / 4-0-0-0 nchc

only losses came @ quinipiac who are undefeated at 10-0 so far this season. SCSU 42 goals in 10 games with 16 coming this last weekend @ western. Not exactly lighting it up prior 3.12, 25 goals in first 8 games.

Edited by AZSIOUX

Cage match coming! Really grown to hate the clowns! Not even sure why, other than their fans comment all the time with arrogants like they are National champs every other year?? They are in love with the pairwise right now when it is basically meaningless...

Should be happy with a split here, come on sweep! Go Sioux!!

Cage match coming! Really grown to hate the clowns! Not even sure why, other than their fans comment all the time with arrogants like they are National champs every other year?? They are in love with the pairwise right now when it is basically meaningless...

Should be happy with a split here, come on sweep! Go Sioux!!

Yeah, their fans give me all the hatred I need for their team. They're like way too arrogant considering they are fans of a program that's pretty much done little to nothing all that significant.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, their fans give me all the hatred I need for their team. They're like way too arrogant considering they are fans of a program that's pretty much done little to nothing all that significant.

I had one clueless JBSU/SCSU fan tell me that the loss to Wisconsin was embarrassing. UND has One loss 12 games... I think that UW will have more than 4 wins this season.

I so want this sweep.

I also want them to do what Ali did to Ernie Terrell.  We'll have a nickname by then, so every time we do a hard check into the boards, the players have to say, "What's our name?" in their faces.

Yeah, I know it's not their players fault that they wouldn't recognize the Fighting Sioux name...but it would be kinda fun...  In a very weird way...

• Upvote 2

I so want this sweep.

I also want them to do what Ali did to Ernie Terrell.  We'll have a nickname by then, so every time we do a hard check into the boards, the players have to say, "What's our name?" in their faces.

Yeah, I know it's not their players fault that they wouldn't recognize the Fighting Sioux name...but it would be kinda fun...  In a very weird way...

IRC UND hasn't swept at SCSU for a very long time. I know UND needs to stay out of the penalty box against SCSU. 

SCSU fan here......Every fan base has their share of fan's that are a-holes. I have met  UND fans over the years that would fit into that category along wit h SCSU fans that would be in that club as well. On the other side of the coin I am friends with several SIOUX fans that I have known for years and we all look forward to getting together when the SIOUX play the Huskies for some smart talk and libations (unfortunately one series this year)  don't group a whole fan base by the actions of a few.

I do struggle with rodent fan's.....the none arrogant ones are few and far apart.

Looking forward to an exciting series this weekend.....betting on a split.

• Upvote 2

SCSU hired this guy - Roy H. Saigo...  That is all I need to know..  I want nothing to do with that school...  SCSU should be proud.

He retired in 2007....I personally do not agree with what went down....WAY to much PC in nowdays. If you don't think someone else would not have challenged the name you are naive.

Enjoy the games this weekend.

I can't wait! Leaving campus straight after classes on Friday with a friend to hit up the games this weekend. First  "trip" to a NCHC school that isn't CC ( from the springs.) Should be a great series, especially sitting a big group of students that all got tickets.

Have fun....their will be alot of green in the house.

I so want this sweep.

Wasn't it against Floyd Patterson?

Wasn't it against Floyd Patterson?

He abused both of them.  He did it against Terrell, who refused to call him anything but Cassius Clay before the match.  So, he basically wouldn't put him out of his misery during the match and kept saying, "What's my name?" while he abused him during the match.   Oddly, they were friends and Terrell was a sparring partner for awhile.  He just didn't like Patterson. 

Two years ago when we went to St. Cloud for the series, on Friday night the ticket guy directed us the long way (wrong way) around the rink.  Unknown to me we were only two sections to the right from that spot, but he directed us to walk all the way around the arena.  I did learn a lesson.  I always make sure to look at a seating chart before I go to make sure I know where to go, and I don't believe anything anyone from SCSU tells me.

• Upvote 1

There are good fans in St. Cloud.  There are good fans in every building.  

That does not mean I don't want the Sioux to go down to St. Cloud and play like last Friday night, both nights, and head back home with a six pack.  And I don't care who doesn't like it.  :0:D

SWEEP THE HUSKIES!!!

He retired in 2007....I personally do not agree with what went down....WAY to much PC in nowdays. If you don't think someone else would not have challenged the name you are naive.

Enjoy the games this weekend.

I will enjoy the games - thanks