SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. BADgers - Friday Gameday

AZSIOUX

First full weekend of games this season @ The Ralph vs. the 2-3-3 Badgers. Badgers started season winless in first 6 games before sweeping new d1 program ASU. UND is unbeaten in its first 8 games (6-0-2) with 7 of 8 games on the road.

7:37 puck drop 

nchc.tv - TH on local radio or TH on iheart 

UND 6-3

boeser x2, joel, gersich, pogo, stecher

Drake sits tonight due to 1 game suspension from nchc. Guessing they put gersich up top like the Maine series. 

Edited by AZSIOUX

I hope we can keep Bucky off the board for at least a period.  Despite their recent woes, this is Wisconsin, and this game will have a higher tension level than they have had so far this year.  Rather not see H get rattled early.  Once he settles into the game, I think he'll be solid.   

I hope we can keep Bucky off the board for at least a period.  Despite their recent woes, this is Wisconsin, and this game will have a higher tension level than they have had so far this year.  Rather not see H get rattled early.  Once he settles into the game, I think he'll be solid.   

Only a period?! I hope we can keep them off the board for a series.

I will go with an old stand-by

UND 4

Wisco 2

Dead Badger on ice.. 1

It'll be interesting to see if someone can get one in. I remember when I was in college in the mid 2000's and some guys snuck one in. If my memory is right, it was a Halloween night game, and they snuck it in inside one of their costumes. I remember it lying right in front of the Wisconsin players as they were lined up for the anthem.

Edited by siouxfan512

Not good with betting numbers, what do these mean besides the Sioux being the favorite to win?

Basically, if you pick the Badgers, you bet 1$ and will get 8$ in return, if they win.

If you pick UND, you have to bet $17 to win $1 dollar.

Edited by nodak651

It'll be interesting to see if someone can get one in. I remember when I was in college in the mid 2000's and some guys snuck one in. If my memory is right, it was a Halloween night game, and they snuck it in inside one of their costumes. I remember it lying right in front of the Wisconsin players as they were lined up for the anthem.

The last time these 2 played at the REA, me and my gf were in the line waiting to get in, I heard the guy a few spots behind me say "this badger stinks".  I smiled and laughed and turned to my gf and said "If we get a lead, a dead badger will fly"

Sure enough, take a 2-1 lead off a PPG and the Badger flew... we went nuts!

The last time these 2 played at the REA, me and my gf were in the line waiting to get in, I heard the guy a few spots behind me say "this badger stinks".  I smiled and laughed and turned to my gf and said "If we get a lead, a dead badger will fly"

Haha, nice. I know there are people that absolutely hate some of that stuff, but you gotta love some of those old school traditions. Unfortunately, half  of that gets missed when you watch on tv.

Back "in the day" a buddy of mine would find a dead badger (road kill), freeze it in a cross position.  He would then duct tape it to his back under his coat and smuggle them in.  He got caught once.  The students were down low up against the glass in the old Ralph and getting it out and in the air when the students were all standing for cover was a little easier.  The dead gophers were actually more fun because they would slide further on the ice, and of course they would usually throw them after a goal and try to get them to slide up to the goalie.   

Back "in the day" a buddy of mine would find a dead badger (road kill), freeze it in a cross position.  He would then duct tape it to his back under his coat and smuggle them in.  He got caught once.  The students were down low up against the glass in the old Ralph and getting it out and in the air when the students were all standing for cover was a little easier.  The dead gophers were actually more fun because they would slide further on the ice, and of course they would usually throw them after a goal and try to get them to slide up to the goalie.   

The students better not disappoint when MN finally comes back to the Ralph. I expect plenty of gophers on the ice.

I got to see UND clinch the McNaughton Cup at the Kohl Center, oh, six or seven years ago. I sat in the student section with a Wisconsin buddy of mine. Talk about being in the hornet's nest! Glad I didn't get singled out and pointed at while the fans chanted, A HOLE! A HOLE!" at UND fans. Fun times in Madison.