SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Bemidji St. - Saturday Gameday

AZSIOUX

Johnboy will be attending his first UND hockey game tonight.  Excited I get to see a walk-on in goal. 

You'll enjoy the closest thing North Dakota has to a pro team (arena size, drafted players, coaches that go straight to the NHL head coach position).

Edited by Cratter

Cagguila - Schmaltz - Boeser

That line has potential to be very, very good.
Let's hope that all three of them can get rolling tonight.  All of them have played well but not shown up on the scoresheet too much thus far.

9 Drake Caggiula–8 Nick Schmaltz–16 Brock Boeser
9 Drake Caggiula–8 Nick Schmaltz–16 Brock Boeser
  • Upvote 1

I am  curious, when  you refer to Hyrcules as a walk on, do you really mean a non scholarship player, or an actual unknown player that just showed up and tried out?  I could have swore there was a press release or article about him before he got to campus.

Yeah, he was a recruited walk-on. The other guy, Anderson, is a student at UND that joined the team because they needed a another practice goalie since Tomek has been injured.

You'll enjoy the closest thing North Dakota has to a pro team (arena size, drafted players, coaches that go straight to the NHL head coach position).

lol I hope it's fun. I cannot  give two craps about that stuff though.

sarcasm? If we dont put up a bunch of goals on teams,, we could find ourselves is the loss column quite a bit... Hope im wrong. 

i would like to see goals.

lol I hope it's fun. I cannot  give two craps about that stuff though.

You're use to Bison football games. So that's will be an easy bar to beat. You can drink at the Ralph. They have two bars that are jam packed that overlook the ice. There's a band that plays in the concourse during intermissions, etc.

Only thing that makes it better are wins and UND is pretty banged up right now.

Edited by Cratter