SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 FCS Thread

SWSiouxMN

One take from this game.  The Bison are definitely beatable.  I knew that their defense would take a step back this year, but their secondary looked awful.  434 yards passing given up is pretty bad.  Champion looked like a chump!!  Nice to see Bison Nation humbles today.  May have to cover over to Bisonville to see the meltdown!!  

• Upvote 1

Hope our defense has continued its improvement from last year because there is no way our offense can make a jump that big from last year - it can be better but it won't be like the Porshes we saw today. Could we pull off an upset - well it happens several times every Saturday and it could start next Saturday.  

• Upvote 1

Now, can NDSU fans honestly say they would rather travel to Missouri Valley locations, or Big Sky locations?  It is a no brainer to me, especially with that environment.  So when NDSU has traveled to elite Big Sky schools Eastern Washington and Montana they have lost. Need to make sure they don't get home field advantage in FCS playoffs. They are very beatable by good teams on the road.  

Edited by tnt
  • Upvote 2

Did I hear the commentators saying the NDSU place kicker only feels comfortable within the 28 yard line. While that's a decent distance (45 yards) the Bison might struggle in that are this year. 

And they are still searching for a game changer like Crockett.  

@Montana is a hard place to win at.  Unless your a d2 team and the griz are ranked top 5 in FCS.  ;) 

This year they (MT)  only had a new coach and new qb. 

Edited by Cratter

Did I hear the commentators saying the NDSU place kicker only feels comfortable within the 28 yard line. While that's a decent distance (45 yards) the Bison might struggle in that are this year. 

@Montana is a hard place to win at.  Unless your a d2 team and the griz are ranked top 5 in FCS.  ;) 

I don't think is a running back problem. The o-line got their asses handed to them today. So did the d-line as well. They didn't control the line of scrimmage. This team has a lot of work to do. I wont even mention the d-secondary except for atrocious.

The O-Coordinator also made some terrible calls at the end. MT basically gave us the game when they kicked the FG. We get the ball back with what? 2:50 on the clock? First play we run and get 5 I think. Then he goes to the air? Really? Plus rolling out CW when he was injured. In stead of making MT use up their TOs we stop the clock by going to the air. I guess my thoughts on basic strategy has been wrong all these years. WOW.

Edited by bison73

But their punter sure is a game changer.  Hopefully they won't be able to play the field position game as incredibly as they have in the past. 

will be interesting to see how that is handled in Fargo?  You can't have players laying a hand on fans no matter what was said. Which Fargo journalist will ask the hard hitting questions?  Has Morlock already suffered enough?  

Dom Izzo tweeted no suspension cause the fan grabbed his face mask and Morlock pushed him, not punched him.

from SFI:   @MikeMcCannKVRR: NDSU releases statement on Chase Morlock. Will not face suspension or any type of punishment for incident with Montana fan after the game.

You cant make it up.

No mention of the incident at all by Dom, McFeely, or "mouthpiece" Kolpack until AFTER a statement is released saying no discipline.  Now firing on all cylinders.

Not surprising on the disciplinary end of things.  Status quo.  Nothing to see here.

• Upvote 2

You cant make it up.

No mention of the incident at all by Dom, McFeely, or "mouthpiece" Kolpack until AFTER a statement is released saying no discipline.  Now firing on all cylinders.

Not surprising on the disciplinary end of things.  Status quo.  Nothing to see here.

Watch the video. The fan runs up to Morlock, bumps and runs into him and then grabs his face mask. It looks like Morlock is just raining his hand to get the fans hand off his face mask. You tell me what he should have done. Let him pull him by the mask and twist his neck? 

Dom Izzo tweeted no suspension cause the fan grabbed his face mask and Morlock pushed him, not punched him.

from SFI:   @MikeMcCannKVRR: NDSU releases statement on Chase Morlock. Will not face suspension or any type of punishment for incident with Montana fan after the game.

I would have no problem with that. It appears to me in the video that the fan jumped at/on Morlock. If you're a fan once you make contact with a player you better be prepared for what comes next. Whether or not Morlock pushed or punched I don't care. He made one movement to remove the wart from his personal space and left it at that (from what I understand). Had he kept after the guy and beat him down, that would be different. Fans need to realize that boundaries are there and when you cross into that personal space you can be dealt with easily. Puts players in bad spots cause they're are already emotional and might make a decision they usually wouldn't. That guy should have never been on that field in the first place. If anything the university of Montana should be apologizing to Morlock for that moron. Atleast that's what I get out of the 11 second video. Who knows maybe there is more to it.

• Upvote 3

I think that game was more exciting than the national title game! Nice win Montana!!

Watching the ending I thought it was the National title game. Montana and their fans sure acted like it was. Coach Stitt couldn't even find the time to come over and shake Klieman's hand after the game. Closed circuit to the Griz, NDSU lost games in 3 of their 4 championship years. It didn't end well for either of those teams.  

I would have no problem with that. It appears to me in the video that the fan jumped at/on Morlock. If you're a fan once you make contact with a player you better be prepared for what comes next. Whether or not Morlock pushed or punched I don't care. He made one movement to remove the wart from his personal space and left it at that (from what I understand). Had he kept after the guy and beat him down, that would be different. Fans need to realize that boundaries are there and when you cross into that personal space you can be dealt with easily. Puts players in bad spots cause they're are already emotional and might make a decision they usually wouldn't. That guy should have never been on that field in the first place. If anything the university of Montana should be apologizing to Morlock for that moron. Atleast that's what I get out of the 11 second video. Who knows maybe there is more to it.

I agree, that fan deserved what he got. 

Watching the ending I thought it was the National title game. Montana and their fans sure acted like it was. Coach Stitt couldn't even find the time to come over and shake Klieman's hand after the game. Closed circuit to the Griz, NDSU lost games in 3 of their 4 championship years. It didn't end well for either of those teams.  

it was Montana's Super Bowl

Just like it was NDSU's super bowl in 2003. NDSU should take it as a compliment. Anytime David takes down Goliath, this happens. This time they were Goliath. It's great to see those emotions as a fan.

You are correct. The Montana broadcaster said the was the biggest football games he has called, and he did the 7 title games Montana has been in. He said it was the biggest sporting event ever in the state of Montana. Those are words coming out of the Griz camp, not NDSU's. You can make fun of it all you want, but for every team NDSU plays, it is their biggest game of the year, or of the history of their program in some cases.  

• Downvote 1

Morlock did what any player would do. Case closed.

Actually, I'd say 25% of the players on the field would have done a lot worse put in that situation. Universities really need to take responsibility for their fanbase in these situations. I think that the fan if it was a student should face some real stern repercussions from the school. If he is not a fan he should at the very least get trespassing charges brought against him.   

Actually, I'd say 25% of the players on the field would have done a lot worse put in that situation. Universities really need to take responsibility for their fanbase in these situations. I think that the fan if it was a student should face some real stern repercussions from the school. If he is not a fan he should at the very least get trespassing charges brought against him.   

I agree. The kid is lucky that he is not eating his dinner through a straw tonight. Morlock is a genuinely nice kid. Knowing him a little bit through scouts (he is an eagle scout who still helps out some with the younger kids) I had a hard time believing he had punched someone unprovoked. Thank goodness that everybody carries a video recorder these days.  

• Upvote 1

Probably smack talk but still unless the fan threw something and connected you can't punch a fan. Prepare for assault charges on this one. Stay classy FU!

Do you suppose the Missoula PD allowed Morlock to get on the plane back to Fargo Darell? Can you fill us in on the charges?