SiouxSports.com Forum

The Fix is In---UND North Stars it will be

SIOUXFAN97

According to my source deep inside Twamley Hall the new nickname was signed, sealed, and ready to deliver months ago.  All the paperwork for UND to take on the North Stars nickname, logo, and trademark is done and it was done a long time ago.  The public will vote for the new nickname soon and Fuhrer Kelly hopes to hell the NS wins and thats that. If the NS isn't chosen he will override the decision and base it on trademark problems or website issues.

Hope my source is wrong but i would take ns over sundogs any day.

According to my source deep inside Twamley Hall the new nickname was signed, sealed, and ready to deliver months ago. All the paperwork for UND to take on the North Stars nickname, logo, and trademark is done and it was done a long time ago. The public will vote for the new nickname soon and Fuhrer Kelly hopes to hell the NS wins and thats that. If the NS isn't chosen he will override the decision and base it on trademark problems or website issues.

I've been hearing these rumors also. Not from inside Twamley but from people who claim to know people. The only way I see North Stars win a public vote is if it goes against Sun Dogs in the finals.

I've been hearing these rumors also. Not from inside Twamley but from people who claim to know people. The only way I see North Stars win a public vote is if it goes against Sun Dogs in the finals.

So to make that happen, they'll give us North Stars against Sundogs to vote on, then we'll know this was a setup

So to make that happen, they'll give us North Stars against Sundogs to vote on, then we'll know this was a setup

Sure, if that's what you want to believe. The source I've heard it from is someone in the business community. I won't go as far as to say they are in the GOBC though. I also won't go as far as saying I believe them as they really don't have proof. Just posted what I heard because it is a rumor that is going around town.

According to my source deep inside Twamley Hall the new nickname was signed, sealed, and ready to deliver months ago.  All the paperwork for UND to take on the North Stars nickname, logo, and trademark is done and it was done a long time ago.  The public will vote for the new nickname soon and Fuhrer Kelly hopes to hell the NS wins and thats that. If the NS isn't chosen he will override the decision and base it on trademark problems or website issues.

It's ironic you say that, this past weekend at the lake I heard "a person in the know" spout off that it's between Fighting Hawks and North Stars.  As I've mentioned before, I really do not like the Fighting Hawks nickname.

Sure, if that's what you want to believe. The source I've heard it from is someone in the business community. I won't go as far as to say they are in the GOBC though. I also won't go as far as saying I believe them as they really don't have proof. Just posted what I heard because it is a rumor that is going around town.

I think thats the only way we'd be voting on either North Stars or Sundogs, other wise I'd say it would be between no nickname and RoughRiders which i could live with

It's ironic you say that, this past weekend at the lake I heard "a person in the know" spout off that it's between Fighting Hawks and North Stars. As I've mentioned before, I really do not like the Fighting Hawks nickname.

I've heard "they" will try to shove the round peg in the square hole to get Fighting Hawks in as the new nickname. I'm sure my "in the know" is as worthless information wise as everyone else's though.

I can tell you your source is wrong.

• Upvote 3

It is the motto of a bordering state and should have been scrapped months ago!

Don't think many will disagree with you but have you followed the committee leading up to revealing the final 5. The fact it is still in the running should not surprise anyone.

I've heard "they" will try to shove the round peg in the square hole to get Fighting Hawks in as the new nickname. I'm sure my "in the know" is as worthless information wise as everyone else's though.

Very true, next week it will probably be something different.  Before it was Fighting Hawks as a clear favorite and then there was some backlash on how generic it was.

I don't understand why anyone would want to "report" this without being 100% sure it's true. What do you get out of it if your source is right? A pat on the back? A ribbon? Because if you're wrong, anything you ever say on here is laughed off the computer screen. What a joke.

• Downvote 1

I think I've heard "the fix is in" on at least 3 of the final 5 nicknames from various people "in the know", not to mention one or two that "had already been chosen" before they were eliminated in prior rounds.

Sad thing is, at least of couple of those people will end up being accidentally right.

• Upvote 3

I think I've heard "the fix is in" on at least 3 of the final 5 nicknames from various people "in the know", not to mention one or two that "had already been chosen" before they were eliminated in prior rounds.

Sad thing is, at least of couple of those people will end up being accidentally right.

Lol, exactly! A lot GOBC stuff on this thread.

I would tend to agree, although North Stars is the only rumor I've heard this about.  As I said earlier, I don't believe it as their is no actual proof.  Perhaps I shouldn't have posted what I did.  I'm just hoping our new name isn't North Stars or Sundogs.

Exactly.

If a new name was "already signed, sealed and delivered", would the new name, and the process that it went through to reach that point, be subject to North Dakota's Open Records Act, as should the entire process which seems to have been reasonably transparent? 

http://www.ag.nd.gov/Brochures/ORandOMBrochure-citizen-2005.pdf

Exactly.

Lol, exactly! A lot GOBC stuff on this thread.

Exactly.

I would tend to agree, although North Stars is the only rumor I've heard this about. As I said earlier, I don't believe it as their is no actual proof. Perhaps I shouldn't have posted what I did. I'm just hoping our new name isn't North Stars or Sundogs.

If we were to discuss only things that are 100% true on this site we would still be kicking the dead horse that Hak's F4 record was atrocious and he could not win a Natty...and I think we have all had enough of that.

My "in the know" just texted me "Fighting Sioux" might not be dead after all..................

;)

• Upvote 3

I would tend to agree, although North Stars is the only rumor I've heard this about.  As I said earlier, I don't believe it as their is no actual proof.  Perhaps I shouldn't have posted what I did.  I'm just hoping our new name isn't North Stars or Sundogs.

I don't think there is any issues on people saying what they've "heard" or what might happen.  That's a long, long ways from claiming its been signed, sealed and delivered for months and a done deal.