SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

12 hours ago, Bison06 said:

I agree that Fargo isn’t a “must have” media market for a conference seeking growth, but I think NDSU’s biggest downfall is location. Boone, NC and Statesboro, GA are far worse markets and the media markets they are in are splitting their loyalties between many schools.

NDSU’s TV market as the sole FBS school(assuming UND doesn’t also make the move) would be the entire state and much of Minnesota.

So, yes, it’s not a great market, but I think location is more of a factor in conferences not clamoring to add them.

All speculation on my part though.

funniest thing i've read on here in a long time.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

funniest thing i've read on here in a long time.

Agree 100%.  Most of Minnesota couldn't care less about NDSU and whoever they played a few weeks ago...they were too busy watching Minnesota vs Wisconsin for the right to go to the B1G championship game.  

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Bison06 said:

I also said that app state and Georgia southern have to share those markets, whereas NDSU would be the sole FBS team in the scenario I laid out.

App St was the sole public FBS team in those metro markets until U of Charlotte started fb.

UNC, NCSU and UGa so dominate their states regardless of their metro area.

1 minute ago, SiouxVolley said:

App St was the sole public FBS team in those metro markets until U of Charlotte started fb.

App State also had the good fortune of beating Michigan on national TV in 2007...that helped elevate their program in a way that even NDSU's titles cannot compare to.  

8 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

So hilarious coming from the BS bullshi**er.  You claimed IPFW and IUPUI were so very happy in the Summit that they wouldn't leave so Summit stability was here.  They both spent $1.5 million to buy their way out first opportunity.  But never an apology from you.

I predicted UND would get in the Big Sky because the Montana's wanted us so bad.  The laughs from you and bozoville could be heard everywhere.  But never an apology from you when it happened.

When St Thomas evicted itself from the MIAC, I said they must have DI dreams.  Again you and bozovillians had a hearty laugh at my preposterous prediction that turned out were true.  The Summit and Douple had contacted visited them before the MIAC eviction campaign started.

The top tier of the Big Sky will surely move to the Summit.  Conference affiliation would take a major step up with flagship schools joining together and having football.  But that isn't possible in your simple BS mind.

Youre a liar. I claimed nothing in regards to IPFW and IUPUI being happy.  No need to go futher as that lie makes the rest of your post moot..

16 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

That's exactly my point. In NC, App State is an after thought, your average rube likely assumes they are still "D2", aka FCS. 

NDSU's location, as I've read you say on this board time and time again, is a massive disadvantage as they don't fall within the footprint of any FBS conference. 

But, also because of their location, they wouldn't compete for fans with any other FBS program like Georgia Southern, App State, Liberty, Coastal Carolina or any other recent FCS to FBS move.

13 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

Moving up has very  little to do with success. The size of the media market is the primary driver and Fargo doesn't move the needle.

13 hours ago, Bison06 said:

I agree that Fargo isn’t a “must have” media market for a conference seeking growth, but I think NDSU’s biggest downfall is location. Boone, NC and Statesboro, GA are far worse markets and the media markets they are in are splitting their loyalties between many schools.

NDSU’s TV market as the sole FBS school(assuming UND doesn’t also make the move) would be the entire state and much of Minnesota.

So, yes, it’s not a great market, but I think location is more of a factor in conferences not clamoring to add them.

All speculation on my part though.

I think I agree with Bison06.  Media markets for most G5 teams are overrated, IMO.  Boise does fine with about the 100th ranked media market, and fargo isn't far behind.  Fan base and following is also important.  

Boise State football will retain its perks in new Mountain West TV contract.

23 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Agree 100%.  Most of Minnesota couldn't care less about NDSU and whoever they played a few weeks ago...they were too busy watching Minnesota vs Wisconsin for the right to go to the B1G championship game.  

You must not live in Minnesota.

32 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Many people follow both programs and would continue to do so if NDSU was FBS. Count me as someone who is both a Gopher and a Bison fan.

As long as they aren't in the same conference, being a Gopher fan and a Bison fan aren't mutually exclusive.

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

jimdahl and I crunched the numbers this morning and the results are in!  The statistical odds of a message board poster using the phrase "bellow like a pregnant bovine" in a sentence is about .0000000000002% for non-NDSU alumni, but increases to 53% for NDSU alumni.  I found that statistic rather interesting.  

Whats more interesting is the fact that that analogy fits so well here. :D  I will admit------that was nicely played.:)

1 minute ago, MafiaMan said:

I can throw a rock and hit TCF Bank Stadium.  The only fans in MN who follow the Bison AND Gopher football programs are NDSU alumni who live in the area.

You cant throw a rock in the Brainerd area with out hitting a Bison fan.  And no they didnt go to school there because when I go to town I have that conversation almost every day.

2 minutes ago, bison73 said:

You cant throw a rock in the Brainerd area with out hitting a Bison fan.  And no they didnt go to school there because when I go to town I have that conversation almost every day.

So "much of Minnesota" now means the Brainerd area?  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MafiaMan said:

OK, Brainerd AND Moorhead.  "Much of Minnesota."  

Much isn't exactly an absolute term.

Much means much, many, a lot, an abundance. I never claimed it was all or even a majority.

Much of Minnesota follows NDSU football, not sure where the controversy lies here.

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

Much isn't exactly an absolute term.

Much means much, many, a lot, an abundance. I never claimed it was all or even a majority.

Much of Minnesota follows NDSU football, not sure where the controversy lies here.

Your comments were regarding the TV market of NDSU including "much of Minnesota."  Let's start with you clarifying what parts of Minnesota would be interested in watching the Bison on a weekly basis.    

You guys are being ridiculous. NDSU could definitely support an FBS program. Over Thanksgiving, my family members actually discussed this and argued the logistics of the situation. I proposed that if NDSU joins a conference like the MWC or MAC, replaces the FargoDome and builds a bigger football stadium that holds maybe 25-30K, people would flock to go to games. They could schedule TV rights similar to what Notre Dame does and surrounding states would watch it. App St and Georgia So doesn't have nearly the fanbase that NDSU does, and this is coming from a UND graduate student.

The only issue I see would be IS FOOTBALL THE ONLY SPORT THAT IS WORTH GOING FBS AT NDSU? 

7 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

So "much of Minnesota" now means the Brainerd area?  

No pretty much all over MN. I travel the whole state hunting , fishing visiting friends etc etc.  So yes we have a pretty good following in MN.  Dont know why that is a contention with you.

The goofs have been relevant since the ????? 50-60s.