SiouxSports.com Forum

"New Americans" what do they bring to the table in the region

Redneksioux

The US government does the vetting now and decides who gets into the country. LSS and other organizations around the country try to help them make the transition. LSS doesn't decide who comes in.

sadly that explains a lot. Unfund the government?

I just want to be sure I'm understanding what you meant. Did you mean the elders were hardworking and the kids are not? Or are you saying the elders didn't want to work but the kids do much better? (I know those are generalities, but still...) I'm not accusing or anything, I'd just like to know your experiences.

Sorry if I wasn't clear.  That part about the elders vs the younger generations was in regard to the assimilation comment that I quoted.

As for their work ethic - they're human, so I've seen hard workers and lazy asses from all age groups.  I have come to find that it's impossible to separate who will be a good worker by skin color or place of birth or family type.  Some people are hard workers.  Some are natural leaders.  Some are unemployable. :shrug:

• Upvote 1

Sorry if I wasn't clear.  That part about the elders vs the younger generations was in regard to the assimilation comment that I quoted.

As for their work ethic - they're human, so I've seen hard workers and lazy asses from all age groups.  I have come to find that it's impossible to separate who will be a good worker by skin color or place of birth or family type.  Some people are hard workers.  Some are natural leaders.  Some are unemployable. :shrug:

I wonder how many excellent employees you have not hired because they like to smoke a little ganja on their own time.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I wonder how many excellent employees you have not hired because they like to smoke a little ganja on their own time.

Maybe dozens?  Maybe 1?  None?  The reality is simple; Liability.  If someone drinks, I can find out what their BAC is if they cause or have an accident, insurance will not penalize me for their choices, and they can be responsible for themselves.  There is no way to measure how high someone is at the time of an accident - 36 hours ago can look the same as 36 minutes ago in a tox-screen.  No one wants to see somebody gored with a forklift because Jim-Bob came to work high when he promised "only on the weekends", but now he's compromised. 

LOL - there's also the often all-too-true stereotype that potheads have trouble getting motivated and doing things like showing up on time... ;)

"As was noted in the licensing application to the US Nuclear Regulatory Commission, two individuals will be considered the lead operators of the new nuclear reactor facility. The application lists a Mr. Thomas Chong and a Mr. Cheech Marin, both with California addresses, as the principle and lead operators of the 2000 MW, multireactor facility."

• Upvote 1

Also, I know a manufacturing plant in gf that when hired didn't do drug tests....fast forward a few years and the insurance company comes in and says you can lower your rates if you do random (monthly?) drug tests. Which they have since implimented.

• 1 month later...

It needs to stop

LSS needs to stop or be shunned 

Or LSS needs to do all it can to make them become citizens that can be judged as good - because right now they are terrible 

Sure they came from a He'll hole of a existence - what did LSS expect ?

New school, Ed Clapp, in south Fargo to open in a couple weeks. If your kid is white and going there he/she will be a minority.

Per a very reliable source the Somalians of all the new Americans are the biggest issue in Fargo.

Edited by Oxbow6

http://patriotpost.us/articles/36917

Syrian and Iraqi refugees that just happen to be Christian are being detained in internment camps, but for  the Somilians, which have mostly hated the US, are welcomed with open arms. 

Something is wrong with both the State Department and LSS.  Many LSS people want to deinvest in Israel, but their ok with rearming Iran who is behind much of the genocide along with ISIS in the Middle East.  

• Upvote 1

Syrian and Iraqi refugees that just happen to be Christian are being detained in internment camps, but for  the Somilians, which have mostly hated the US, are welcomed with open arms. 

Something is wrong with both the State Department and LSS.  Many LSS people want to deinvest in Israel, but their ok with rearming Iran who is behind much of the genocide along with ISIS in the Middle East.  

This......^^^^^^^

New school, Ed Clapp, in south Fargo to open in a couple weeks. If your kid is white and going there he/she will be a minority.

Per a very reliable source the Somalians of all the new Americans are the biggest issue in Fargo.

Wow, god forbid your kids have to go to a school with black and brown people.  How awful that you won't fit in at the PTA meetings with your hood and white sheets? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

No one is re-arming Iran.  The international community is lifting sanctions if they choose not to enrich uranium for the purpose of building nuclear weapons.  As far as your genocide comment, right now Iran is fighting ISIS in Iraq and, unfortunately, is murdering thousands of Sunni muslims while doing so.  ISIS is doing the same to Shia muslims on their side.  I don't see how the U.S. getting involved and killing both Sunnis and Shias on both sides is the solution especially when both sides are considered our enemies.  

No one is re-arming Iran.  The international community is lifting sanctions if they choose not to enrich uranium for the purpose of building nuclear weapons.  As far as your genocide comment, right now Iran is fighting ISIS in Iraq and, unfortunately, is murdering thousands of Sunni muslims while doing so.  ISIS is doing the same to Shia muslims on their side.  I don't see how the U.S. getting involved and killing both Sunnis and Shias on both sides is the solution especially when both sides are considered our enemies.  

This^. It was GW Bush that got the ball rolling on negotiating with Iran. And why not, he is the one that empowered Iran in the region in the first place. A great deal of the opposition we see in Congress to the current deal is political posturing.

"As the Council on Foreign Relations' Micah Zenko points out, the Bush administration offered to negotiate directly with Iran over its nuclear program in 2006 — the first such American offer in about 25 years. That doesn't mean Bush would have necessarily taken the exact same deal as Obama, but it's a reminder that some of the political rhetoric around the deal is exactly that — political.

Bush's strategy, according to his national security adviser Stephen Hadley, was to offer "the relaxation of existing economic sanctions and active international support for a truly peaceful civilian nuclear program" in exchange for clear limits on Iran's ability to push toward a bomb. Bush's ideal end state, in other words, looked a lot like what this deal accomplishes."

http://www.vox.com/2015/7/14/8958245/iran-nuclear-deal-bush

Wow, god forbid your kids have to go to a school with black and brown people.  How awful that you won't fit in at the PTA meetings with your hood and white sheets? 

Wow!  That was quite a leap you made there...Bob Beamon would be proud. 

• Upvote 1

Where's the petition that I hear is going around North Dakota to stop LSS? 

What if they got enough votes to put it on the states ballot? 

Bye.  Bye. Will there new building get foreclosed and turned into something useful like a Hooter Restaurant?! 

Edited by Cratter
  • Upvote 1

Wow!  That was quite a leap you made there...Bob Beamon would be proud. 

Was just stating what I had heard from multiple people on the Ed Clapp school opening.......

Didn't think that equated to needing  KKK reference..........but some jacka** has to take the place of Watchmaker on this site and I guess we know who that is. 

• Upvote 1

Here's the heading under the Community Forum:

Topics of interest at UND, in Grand Forks, and in North Dakota. No politics, please.

This topic has tip toed that line from the beginning.   I'm not exactly sure where that line is in this conversation, but let's all be mindful of it.   We can kind of see, already, why this rule is in place.   I'd quote to Forum Rules if I could only find the link now that the UI has changed  :-)

Edited by dagies
  • Upvote 2

Wow, god forbid your kids have to go to a school with black and brown people.  How awful that you won't fit in at the PTA meetings with your hood and white 

--------------------------------------

I grew up in KC Mo & LA CA & I thank God I came to ND as a teen - most of the stories I could tell about friends that I had as a youth did not end well 

& these Somalia  folks are like a hybrid type of bad folks & like Donald Trump said I guess there are a few good ones to 

Edited by Fetch

Where's the petition that I hear is going around North Dakota to stop LSS? 

What if they got enough votes to put it on the states ballot? 

Bye.  Bye. Will there new building get foreclosed and turned into something useful like a Hooter Restaurant?! 

just one hooter?   That's what I call operating on a shoestring budget.  Or a g string budget.  

• Upvote 1